Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:28 PM

3 posts, read 20,951 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. I am a 26 yr old white single male who was just offered a promotion to the area. My boss already advised me NOT to live in San Bernardino...where is my best option? I'd like to live in a place where I can meet similar people my age with a good nightlife scene-- that is, good bars/restaurants/other things to do/etc... My office is in SB but I don't mind a commute at all.

Please help! Never lived in California before!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 07:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd03 View Post
Hello All,
Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. I am a 26 yr old white single male who was just offered a promotion to the area. My boss already advised me NOT to live in San Bernardino...where is my best option? I'd like to live in a place where I can meet similar people my age with a good nightlife scene-- that is, good bars/restaurants/other things to do/etc... My office is in SB but I don't mind a commute at all.

Please help! Never lived in California before!!
wow, that may not be as easy as it seems. Where in the IE is your job? You may want to consider Alta LOma or parts of Ontario. If you want to go a little further west, Claremont or La Verne because of the colleges will have more people your age.
l
NIta

Old 04-21-2011, 08:24 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,446,885 times
Number 1 rule in SoCal is "Live as close as possible to your job."

There ARE good areas of SB, but hard to find. The bad thing I remember about SB is the utility tax. It really added to the cost of living.

One option would be the apartments and condos southeast of the 10/215 interchange. I believe the city addresses would be in either Colton or Grand Terrace (South Pointe is another name). Main streets through the area are Barton Road, South Cooley Drive, Hunts Lane, and Reche Canyon Road. If you found a place there, you could go north to work in SB, south to Riverside for nightlife near UC Riverside, southwest towards Orange County or even west towards LA County.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:52 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,400,330 times
Quote:
I would agree with this 100%. Gas is expensive and will only get more so once summer blend comes. And a long commute can be miserable beyond belief IMO.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:54 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,976,288 times
One of the good parts of San Berdoo (it isn't all bad, contrary to popular opinion) is in the North part of the city near the university.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:47 PM

Thank you all for the advice. I understand it's going to be a tough transition, but still pretty excited about it. It looks like my office is near the SB Airport if that helps with location. I will check out the university area up north for sure. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-21-2011, 04:51 PM

My boss made mention of Riverside, is this a good place to live?

Old 04-21-2011, 07:04 PM

135 posts, read 230,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Well, I guess you can cross off Corona . I'd probably stay within San Bernardino County as opposed to Riverside.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:19 PM

93 posts, read 279,381 times
I live in Riverside and love it. I'd also check out Redlands, not too far from where you're describing your job. It's got a cool little downtown.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:41 PM

41 posts, read 107,496 times
Default Hey mjd03

I'm a 24 yo guy who lives in Riverside and commutes to CSUSB (Cal State San Bernardino). A few others have mentioned living up north by the school, but I have a hard time recommending that. I know everyone has different ideas about what is suitable, but I find the ENTIRE city of SB to be boring. Ditto for Rialto, Fontana, Colton and anything north of the 210. The best areas in my opinion are Redlands (kinda "sterilized" though) Rancho Cucamonga, and Riverside. Rancho and Riverside will probably give you a lame commute, but I think it would be worth it. Hit me up if you want any specifics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties