Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 01:34 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,406,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danscojack5 View Post
Bunch a whiners I say lol. But then again, when it gets to about 65 I blast my heater as if I was in danger of being frozen solid. To each their own I suppose.
You're totally cracking me up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 02:08 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,149,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danscojack5 View Post
I'm a native SoCal resident (born in LA, raised in Riverside), and every summer I hear people complain about 90-100 degree weather, and not just here, but all across the country. Triple digit temperatures just aren't hot to me, so I've never used A/C, even though I (supposedly) have a good system. Bunch a whiners I say lol. But then again, when it gets to about 65 I blast my heater as if I was in danger of being frozen solid. To each their own I suppose.
I hear ya! I live in the Palm Springs area where it's hotter than hell, but I'm used to it, so the heat doesn't even faze me. I grew up at the beach, but now when I go down there (OC) I'm freezing my ass off!

Old 07-31-2011, 09:53 AM

38 posts, read 104,575 times
Moved some of my daughter's stuff back to Palm Springs this weekend. Rained on the way in and is a bit humid but not bad. She got lucky when she leased her apartment and is in a perfect spot where it stays cool even in the triple digits. We have only used the AC for a few minutes to circulate the air. I could handle this The sun hasn't been coming out until 1PM where I live a couple miles inland from the beach and it is sticky hot and cold at night. Now if I cold just convince my husband the desert is the perfect spot to retire. There's hardly any traffic, it's clean and the people out here are less stressed and seem happier.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:06 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,149,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu2mama View Post
Moved some of my daughter's stuff back to Palm Springs this weekend. Rained on the way in and is a bit humid but not bad. She got lucky when she leased her apartment and is in a perfect spot where it stays cool even in the triple digits. We have only used the AC for a few minutes to circulate the air. I could handle this The sun hasn't been coming out until 1PM where I live a couple miles inland from the beach and it is sticky hot and cold at night. Now if I cold just convince my husband the desert is the perfect spot to retire. There's hardly any traffic, it's clean and the people out here are less stressed and seem happier.
Yes, less traffic than the beach areas for sure! But during "season" when all the snowbirds are back, the surface streets have traffic, and getting into a restaurant can become an Olympic feat. But you can't beat winters in the desert!

Old 08-09-2011, 04:13 PM

9,896 posts, read 22,110,177 times
So far this yr i have only used my swamp cooler 3 hrs in mid july. Its been a hot summer but i have dealt with it. Its 90 inside but with the fans on its not to bad. I sleep with my fans on like i always have. My cooler pan was leaking so i put cooler coating in it but its still a lil soft. I never thought i could make it this far into summer with using my cooler (except for 3 hrs usage) but i have so far. Go figure.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:27 PM

458 posts, read 1,268,394 times
oh really, you put cooler coating in the cooler pan? Do tell.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danalysd View Post
oh really, you put cooler coating in the cooler pan? Do tell.
I already did. Its rare to live here & not use a cooler or a/c. Luckily yesterday & today isnt too bad (85 degrees & cool nights about 60). I usually start using my cooler no later then july 1st (sometimes by early june). I still havent used it since mid july (3 hrs). I will soon though (i guess).

Old 08-16-2011, 01:17 AM

Its suppose to hit 100-104 by thurs. Its time for me to finally use my dowdraft cooler. The last time i used it was over a month ago for only 3 hrs. Summer is slowly winding down but we still have 1/2 of aug & all of sept to deal with. At least the days are getting shorter & shorter & the summer evenings are cool. Overall the summer of 2011 in ca has been hot but not brutal. Before you know it fall (such as it is) & the nfl football season will be here. I decorate my place for halloween the last week of sept & for the first time even ill have 3 homegrown pumpkins i planted from a seed & took care of them since late may 2011.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:24 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,406,619 times
The next few weeks can be the hottest weeks of the entire year. You never know!

Old 08-27-2011, 04:44 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,029,297 times
Can't believe nobody else bumped this thread. It was 106 in Chino Hills yesterday. It was 99 when I checked earlier today. Haven't turned the A/C on as of 3:45pm

Took this pic driving past Lake Elsinore on I15 Thursday.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties