Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:29 PM

48 posts, read 122,375 times

Advertisements

If you decide you might want to stay closer but perhaps not that far off, I would seriously consider Hemet, Menifee, Norca, Anza, and Lake Riverside Estates, Perris, and you might also consider Lake Elsinore or Quail Valley as well. Warner Springs is great but it can be rural.

Those are far enough that a casual drive is so-so but not too far where you could be there in 20-40 minutes. Goodluck and welcome to the area.

Stefan West, Broker
MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 08-12-2010 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: no advertising in postings, please reread the Terms of Service
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 08:24 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,222,386 times
Default I wish your son could read your words.

I feel so touched by your loving words and thoughts of your son.

You certainly have been through allot of trauma, yet maintaining your love for your son.

May one day, your son realize how much you love him.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:51 AM

17 posts, read 68,939 times
Default Thank you all for your info - now I need a job!

Through craigslist I found a room in a very nice house. Thanks, coldMNgal. I have explored Temecula a bit and I see that there are dramatically different looking areas. Thank you, bouncethelight. If I can find a way to stay I will probably live on the west side around those oak trees and cottonwood trees that remind me of home. And reddesertfox, I am so sorry to learn of your heartbreak. Every moment I'm away from my children I am filled with sorrow. I don't understand how my heart keeps beating. The house that I am living in now is only 3 miles from my children yet I feel as if it might as well be South Dakota.

Now I need to find a job and, again, I would sincerely appreciate any advice. I have enough money to make it until the end of September but then I have to throw in the towel and go home. I'm desperate to stay near my children. I have applied to the Temecula school district for teacher's aide, custodial, even food service positions. I am working on the Pala job application and it is quite complicated. What I fear is that an employer will contact me but I'll have run out of time and money and gone back to South Dakota. I need to find something very soon. Has anyone ever worked at those temp places?

Thank you again everyone for your kind replies and advice.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:09 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,454,082 times
Quote:
I have applied to the Temecula school district for teacher's aide, custodial, even food service positions. I am working on the Pala job application and it is quite complicated. What I fear is that an employer will contact me but I'll have run out of time and money and gone back to South Dakota. I need to find something very soon.
There are 2 custodial positions open at Mt San Jacinto Community College - don't know if they're at the San Jacinto or Menifee campus.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:46 AM

8 posts, read 13,127 times
Hey there, it's too bad you have to relocate this far, but all for a good cause right? Anyway I really think you would enjoy the City of Redlands. It's got that small town feel, and even though it has its own university, its very quiet. The downtown area is filled with great coffee shops and restaurants, and is quite a nice place to meet people. The most important part is that Temecula is only about 25 miles South, and on the same freeway (I10). I hope this was helpful, good luck.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:42 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,387,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritamor View Post
Temecula is only about 25 miles South, and on the same freeway (I10).
Temecula isn't close to the 10 - it's the 15 that runs through the center of Temecula - so not the same freeway at all, and in my opinion, not all that close to Redlands.

I do agree though that Redlands is lovely, and is worth the drive, even if it would be a fairly long commute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties