Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 02:01 AM

50 posts, read 332,129 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I will be relocating back to Southern Ca within the next couple of months. Although we are familiar with areas of So. Cal, we have been considering either living in Murrieta/Temecula area or Chino Hills. Hubby will be commuting to Moreno Valley for work. We have two young children, not in elementary school yet, but very soon. We would live closer to family if we choose to live in Chino Hills. I have noticed rent is higher in Chino Hills than Murrieta/temecula area.

What I would like to know is, are both of these areas very family oriented? Do they both have great schools for the kids? Would you raise your family in either cities? It seems that both places are very safe to live, so that is not my concern. Do both cities have ample amenities and restaurants, etc? Are there sports activities and community centers in both cities?

Thanks for any advice, help, opinions you may have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 08:53 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Yes, Chino Hills is nice, but you can find the same lifestyle closer to MoVal than that.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:08 AM

541 posts, read 1,340,044 times
i am european,have moved on thanksgiving to temecula..
hier is my honest opinion and i hope you appreciate honesty and also the truth,i could lie to you and present everything in a positive light,but it is not the case...i consider,that you should also know,what i consider negative in this town...

these both areas are very familly oriented...they have many sport activities,a lot to do for children every age..schools are generally very good,elementary and middle school,no reason to worry about that...temecula is generally clean and safe..people are friendly,you can find great friends and get fast integrated..riverside population is around 50 percent hispanic, you have to be comfortable with it,some americans are not..i love spanish and sometimes i feel, i live in a spanish speaking country,everything is bilingual offered (at school,medical offices and so on)...temecula is very close to mountain,beach..a lot to do around and regarding activities for children the town is very good involved and good organised...you can find everythig,what you need in daily life,there are many stores around and all type of shopping oportunities..i cosider temecula very safe,at any time..i use to drive in the night around to learn the streets and areas,looks at the houses,neighborhoods and so on..very safe...

now the negatives...earthquakes..for me too many..once again,my personal opinion..i hate earthquakes...snakes...i met one very close to me...was not a great experience...must be careful hier around...at the community recreation center there are so many warning shields rattle snakes..i am jsut not used to snakes..i did not live in the dessert before..

my main problem right now air quality...i consider the air very bad..traffic is horrible,especially now in vacation,the main streets are very crowded...another problem,i try to find informations right now about strip mining (existing mines and future possible be build mines):
Liberty Quarry Concerns - Temecula, California
i noticed a high number of children having bad allergies,asthma and breathing problems in the area...
..i care about the air my child breath,i care about the environment my familly lives in,and i care about my money...i am about to clarify,everything about existing mines and possible be build mines...not only for the sake of my familliy and their health,but also from the financial aspect..i am not ready to buy in an area,where nothing is sure,regarding the liberty quarry..i do not want a mine in my backyard or live in a town with mines or mines close around....i also want to clarify,how far away are existing mines from temecula...talk with european doctors (i trust)about possible effects on health,taking in consideration distance to my house and so on...
mineral dust..since i moved hier,i deal with dust...a higher quantity then usual..very much dust..i have to dust a lot in the house...
riverside is very polluted,the air is a problem for me...i want my child to grew in healthy air and environment long term:
http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sw...365583474.html

this are my opinions,i hope it helps a little...

Last edited by Buburuza13; 06-20-2010 at 09:33 AM..

Old 06-20-2010, 05:15 PM

Default Chino hills a nice place to live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Yes, Chino Hills is nice, but you can find the same lifestyle closer to MoVal than that.

What are the other cities you know of that would be closer to Moreno Valley and safe to live? Thanks.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:01 PM

47 posts, read 152,527 times
okay, i will try answer ur question about school

for junior high: Canyon Hills - Home Canyon Hills Junior High
my little brother just graduated from this school last month..

high school: chinohills.chino.k12.ca.us Chino Hills High or ayala.chino.k12.ca.us Ayala High School

from my father's decision and my brother's decision, they have decided to
schooling my llittle brother in Ayala..

because they think, ayala is better than chino hiils high

Old 06-21-2010, 08:34 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Check out Riverside zip 92508.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:34 AM

541 posts, read 1,340,044 times
cheque this page for schools in every county:

Academic Performance Index (API) (CA Dept of Education)

Old 06-23-2010, 11:31 AM

93 posts, read 264,983 times
I know both communities and they both are really good for families. You can't go wrong. If I were you I'd move to Chino Hills because it is closer to family. Regarding the air quality of Temecula; it gets a tremendous breeze almost everyday that really keeps the air pretty clean. The farther north one goes on the 15 you can see the air pollution get worse.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:33 PM

Default Thanks for all your help

I'm getting the sense from everyone that has posted to my question, that both Temecula/Murrieta and Chino Hills are very decent places to live and raise children. Both places have great schools and many family oriented activities. We will most likely be choosing to live in Chino Hills due to the distance from family we would live if residing in Temecula area. All my family is located in Orange and LA county, Chino Hills would keep us more central to everyone, and still allow my husband to drive to Mo Val for work. Thanks again for everyone's point of view.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:51 PM

593 posts, read 1,794,504 times
I live in Chino Hills and there's so many new restaurants and retail centers I think you'll be very happy here. There's a new shopping area called The Shoppes that have high end shopping and is a fun place to snoop on the weekends. You might even look in some of the newer areas of Chino as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties