Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 05:40 AM

948 posts, read 1,842,509 times

Advertisements

Found some cool never issued glock 22 SAPD trade ins. Man if I had $450 I'd be all over it. Would go perfectly with my sub2000 in .40
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 01:09 PM

172 posts, read 238,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
Found some cool never issued glock 22 SAPD trade ins. Man if I had $450 I'd be all over it. Would go perfectly with my sub2000 in .40
I'm still looking for a sub2000 9mm that isn't ridiculously overpriced, why oh why can I not find one for under $500. They always charge like $800 for them and the MSRP is around $350-$400.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:13 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,994,816 times
This weekend (30-31 Aug 2014) could be it, folks, the last Premier Gun Show in San Antonio!

Bexar county is trying to double what they charge the nice folks at Premier for parking at the Freeman Expo Hall. As you know, Premier started paying for the parking a few months back in order to draw more people to the show. Unfortunately, with the county trying to extort more money from them, it looks like this coming weekend’s show could be the last one!

But let’s focus on the positive for now, the Premier gun show this weekend!

Details are the same…the show is at the Freeman Exposition Hall next to the AT&T Center (3201 East Houston Street). Hours are Saturday from 9am to 5pm, and Sunday 10am to 4pm; and general admission is still only $8 (cash only). Weekend passes are $12 (also cash only) and children UNDER 12 and Uniformed Peace Officers get in free!

Otherwise, you can “friend” Premier Gun Shows on Facebook and learn the “secret word” posted before every show that will get you a dollar off entry.

You can also join their email list and get a dollar off as well!

Parking, despite the county’s best efforts, is still FREE!!

Hope to see everyone there!

Cheers! M2

Old 09-18-2014, 02:48 PM

216 posts, read 399,045 times
Hey anybody out there that knows a gunsmith in New Braunfels, I met him at the gun show this past weekend in Seguin. He said he just works out of his house, he had a booth there. A young guy seems like his last name started with a "W". I can't find his card. Maybe he'll be at the Austin highway show this coming weekend. Thanks.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:10 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,411,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctsat View Post
Hey anybody out there that knows a gunsmith in New Braunfels, I met him at the gun show this past weekend in Seguin. He said he just works out of his house, he had a booth there. A young guy seems like his last name started with a "W". I can't find his card. Maybe he'll be at the Austin highway show this coming weekend. Thanks.
Where on Austin Highway is the show?

Old 09-18-2014, 04:15 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,411,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Premier paid for parking out of their advertising funds in an effort to reduce the cost to show attendees. Even with that, attendance has not been great (it's always been cyclic, and at the moment it's on the down side). The folks at Premier realize raising the entry fee by 50% will only make matters worse, so if it comes to that they are pretty certain they will simply not continue on with their San Antonio show (they have shows across the state). This will be sad to see, Premier has brought many different vendors and implemented improvements to their shows that the other promoters here have adopted (such as having ATM machines). They also stuck with the Freeman Expo Center as it allows them to have 800-1000 tables yet still enough room for attendees to move through the aisles (something the show at the SA Event Center could learn from, instead of trying to cram as many tables into the venue at a cost of very narrow and sometimes impassable aisles.

There is no doubt that the Premier San Antonio gun show is the best one in the area, it's bigger, got different vendors and is a much more comfortable set-up. Still, competing with a show that's been in SA for over twenty years is still a challenge; but they've done everything in their power to do so. Now Bexar County is trying to squeeze more money out of them for something that doesn't even require any resources (as I've said, without paid parking there is no need for lot attendees to work), even if it means losing a valuable revenue stream for local businesses (these shows bring a lot of visitors to SA). Hopefully wiser minds will prevail and our government representatives realize what a mistake they are making...
Remember the county budget is lower and here is why, increased parking fees.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:30 AM

Well, the good news is that the Premier Gun Show will be returning to San Antonio in January 2015!

The not-so-good news is that there is only one show scheduled so far, that being January 10th & 11th. However, I suspect more shows will be announced after the new year arrives.

There has been a venue change, the show will now be at the San Antonio Shrine Auditorium (901 North Loop 1604 W, San Antonio, TX 78232) in the Stone Oak area of the city. The auditorium is located on the North access road of Loop 1604 between Stone Oak Parkway and Blanco Road.

(Lat/Long 29.560318/-98.495178)

Show Hours are Saturday 9 am–5 pm and Sunday 10 am–4 pm.

General Admission is still $8 (cash only), weekend passes are $12 (again, cash only), children UNDER 12 and uniformed Peace Officers get in FREE!

You can also subscribe to their email newsletter to receive a printable $1 off coupon!

Parking is also FREE!

Subscribe to this thread as I will post updates as we get closer to the show!

So mark the dates of 10-11 January on your calendar, and start making plans to attend the biggest and best guns how in the San Antonio area!

Cheers! M2

Old 12-18-2014, 02:56 PM

Unfortunately, I got a message today from Premier stating that they had to cancel this show!

Per Tim and Michelle, "The space was just not large enough for the show we want to do and there were other complications with the building."

They are looking for another suitable venue, so if anyone knows of one please let me know and I will pass it on.

Otherwise, the 10-11 January 2015 Premier Gun Show has been cancelled. I will post on any future shows as soon as I hear about them!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio