Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 09:25 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,331,603 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm not worried about the ice test, M2 - haha - interesting site,thanks. My go to guns are Glocks. I have a little tic about grip safeties. I see no need for such and read a report of a guy who had his hand injured and couldn't hold one down on a 1911. I shoot a 1911 quite bit but for an SD gun - I just want it to go boom without other switches than the trigger. Having taken injured shooting training and spending time with a broken wrist - simple is good.

Revolvers did have grip safeties (SW) and except for a recent revival - they are not common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 09:36 AM

8,399 posts, read 23,000,516 times
GEM, I am only a fan of grip safeties in that they are more easily disengaged than slide locks; but I also train weak-hand tactics quite a bit just in case.

The monthly gun show is next weekend, hopefully you can make it. Would be nice to see you but I understand you're busy!

Cheers! M2

Old 06-30-2013, 07:44 PM

457 posts, read 662,023 times
When the 20K becomes 200K that would approach enough.

"Unfounded"? Tell that to those who've had to return their XD series.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basse Bud View Post
When the 20K becomes 200K that would approach enough.

"Unfounded"? Tell that to those who've had to return their XD series.
Right, and there's never been any problems with Glocks!

By the way, are you even from San Antonio or did you just join to spew your Glock fanboy propaganda?!?

Old 07-03-2013, 03:12 AM

457 posts, read 662,023 times
Glock fanboy? Please reread my earlier post, RE:1911

The subject is/was Glock v/s XD (the Croatian knock-off of Glock) Yes, there have been problems with Glocks, along
with every other brand of firearm. However, it would appear I've offended you by stating the short comings of your
"pets". BTW, the "test" performed by the importer can hardly be regarded as objective, the quality/serviceability
experienced by those who have bought the product is what I based my comments on.

In further checking, it has been brought to my attention that the reason a manufacturer/importer avoids or refuses to sell replacement parts to end users, centers around the issue of variables of the parts themselves.
i.e. variations in size/fit of parts bearing the same identifying number.

To answer your questions, yes, I'm a native, no I'm not a "fanboy and no, it's not propaganda when it's the truth.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:15 PM

*Yawn*

Whatever, believe what you want; but some of us are smarter than that.

Anyone that calls an XD a "Croatian knock-off Glock" hasn't a clue. Just because there are some similarities between the two pistols, it's about as ridiculous as claiming every semi-auto pistol is a rip-off of the 1911.

And since you're new to the forum (and I doubt you are really a SA native, as no one I know from here claims to be from the "Southwest"), maybe you should realize how off-topic this is from the thread. The title is "Gun Shows, Shops and Ranges in San Antonio," now "What Basse Bud thinks of the XD." Either get back on topic or find another forum to spew your propaganda (and yes, I still think that's what it is, as despite what you think, your opinion is not definitive knowledge).

Do you think you can handle that?

Old 07-04-2013, 09:08 PM

Just to get this thread back on track, the monthly SAXET Gun Show is this weekend (6-7 July) at the SA Event Center, 410 & Marbach (8111 Meadow Leaf, San Antonio, Texas 78227).

Show Hours: Sat. 9am - 6pm, Sun. 9am - 5pm

Admission: $5 per day, parking: $3 per day.

About 800 tables...

Old 08-18-2013, 10:23 AM

Whoo-hoo! It’s that time again, time for the Premier San Antonio Gun Show!

As most of you know, this is the biggest and best gun show in Central Texas, and perhaps the best in the state! Over 1000 tables and one of the best venues in the area. It will get crowded but the promoters keep the aisles wide enough for everyone to walk and see what’s on the tables!

And, for this particular show, the San Antonio Gun Show will partner with the Texas Hunting and Outdoor Classic for a combined show! This spectacular event will encompass nearly 170,000 square feet of air conditioned space inside and over 100,000 square feet outside. Inside you'll find an ATV test track, a 3-D pop-up archery range, and the Texas Jump Off Dog Dock Diving Competition.

Dates are Saturday, 31 August 31 and Sunday, 1 September 2013, location is the Freeman Expo Hall next to the AT&T Center (3201 East Houston Street). Hours are Saturday from 9am to 5pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm.

General admission is still only $10 (cash only) and gets you entrance to both shows; weekend passes are $15, (also cash only); children UNDER 12 and Uniformed Peace Officers are free!

Public parking is $5 per vehicle (it’s a city lot, so the promoters have no control over this).

Befriend Premier Gun Shows on Facebook and receive the secret word that gets you a dollar off entry posted before every show!

More information can be found here: Premier San Antonio Gun Show.

A group of us meet up for breakfast beforehand at 8am on Saturday not far from the show. If anyone is interested in joining us, send me a DM.

Cheers! M2

Old 08-18-2013, 11:15 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,845,273 times
We'll be there at the show - working the Friends of NRA Wall of Guns booth at the front entry! Maybe this time I'll finally win one....

Oh - and I've been meaning to mention....there's a new Texas-based gun/shooting sports forum. Profanity, "girlie pics" and LEO bashing are prohibited. We have a special "ask a LEO" section where you can get questions answered by *verified* LEO's (we have special badge icons for them for members to KNOW they're getting an answer from an LEO), and a wide range of gun and archery sections. We're only about 60 days old, so it's still pretty sparse, but it's growing:

Oops - lemme try that link again....

http://texasshootingsports.com/forums/index.php

Last edited by TexasRedneck; 08-18-2013 at 11:33 AM..

Old 08-29-2013, 03:50 PM

Don’t forget that the Premier San Antonio Gun Show is this weekend, 31 Aug – 1 Sep. Get there early because there’s usually a lot of folks wanting to get in!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio