Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:15 PM

791 posts, read 3,961,543 times

Advertisements

Dube - reps to you! How have I lived here for 2 years and not known about this organization????? Their calendar looks packed with tons of fun events... I won't ever have a free night my schedule now!

Old 05-01-2009, 02:14 PM

472 posts, read 1,793,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
Dube - reps to you! How have I lived here for 2 years and not known about this organization????? Their calendar looks packed with tons of fun events... I won't ever have a free night my schedule now!
Well I just found that site today so duh to me as well but its definitely full of things to do.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:06 PM

4 posts, read 7,488 times
Default Culture Shock moving from Tampa Bay to San Antonio

My gut instinct is to tell you, DON"T DO IT!!! Talk about Culture Shock!!!

Born and raised in San Antonio, I moved back three years ago after 21 years raising a family in Largo/Clearwater. All my relatives live in SA, but is this worth it! Boring is the word that comes to mind morning, noon, and night. And the lack of greenery and flowers most months of the year due to droughts and freezes is so depressing.

It has to be even worse for our 3 daughters who have now also moved. They are beach beauty singles aged 25, 30, and 33. Now pale as ghosts, and in bikinis only 3-4 times a year.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:50 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times
Wait! there's no sandy beaches in San Antonio? what happened? where did they go?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:25 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,781,379 times
Does the sun not come out for your now pale daughters to tan in? Seriously? How does one go pal in SA? Aside from staying in your house 24/7.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:32 AM

490 posts, read 1,095,237 times
Maybe I'm getting a little off topic here, but I don't understand how any major metropolitan city (of which San Antonio qualifies) can be indisputably "boring". Perhaps if spending your time at the beach, or in the mountains is the only activity you enjoy, then a lack of either of those could render your life boring. I'm a San Antonio fan, but I also fully realize and accept the criticizms, just as I have every place I have lived. However, to call any place boring seems more a reflection of the individual than the location.

Fresh off a weekend, my wife and I (we're late 20's) and an assortment of friends:
* Friday, went to see Pink Martini with the Symphony and Lila Cockrell theatre
* Saturday morning, did a charity walk in the morning, went to Pearl Brewery farmer's market
* Saturday afternoon, went to a friend's BBQ (ok, you weren't invited but you must have friends too)
* Saturday night, drove to Tarpley, TX to eat at "Mac & Ernies" which is gorumet food served on a paper plate out of a shack near Bandera. Awesome experience. Stopped at a bar in Bandera on the way back for some live music.
* Sunday, spent 5 hours in the beautiful weather at Texas Valero Open with my buddies.

Now, if you did nothing this weekend, it's not because San Antonio is boring.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:34 AM

452 posts, read 1,028,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma Linda View Post

Born and raised in San Antonio, I moved back three years ago after 21 years raising a family in Largo/Clearwater. All my relatives live in SA, but is this worth it! Boring is the word that comes to mind morning, noon, and night. And the lack of greenery and flowers most months of the year due to droughts and freezes is so depressing.

It has to be even worse for our 3 daughters who have now also moved. They are beach beauty singles aged 25, 30, and 33. Now pale as ghosts, and in bikinis only 3-4 times a year.
Don't your daughters know any geography or ever look at a map? Tontas! Anyone can see that San Antonio isn't close enough to the beach to go every day. You've got to be kidding that they're only in bikinis 3-4 times a year in SA. C'mon! Summer here is about six months long! It's impossible to be ghost-pale here unless you spend your entire life indoors.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:36 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,559,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLilSecret View Post
Don't your daughters know any geography or ever look at a map? Tontas! Anyone can see that San Antonio isn't close enough to the beach to go every day. You've got to be kidding that they're only in bikinis 3-4 times a year in SA. C'mon! Summer here is about six months long! It's impossible to be ghost-pale here unless you spend your entire life indoors.
I'm convinced some Texans do....they're afraid to go outside if it's over 80 degrees....

We pretty much spend the entire weekend outside 90% of the year. The other 10% is just a bit too cold.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:50 AM

431 posts, read 1,204,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma Linda View Post

Beach...beauty...*single*??

PM me their email or phone number. I'll show them a good time!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:00 AM

452 posts, read 1,028,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I'm convinced some Texans do....they're afraid to go outside if it's over 80 degrees....

We pretty much spend the entire weekend outside 90% of the year. The other 10% is just a bit too cold.
I'm going to presume, since we are talking about "beach beauties" after all, that the heat wouldn't bother them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio