Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2022, 03:02 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,027,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
It was about that time, but I feel like it was more '96-'98 time range as I feel like the Wal-Mart that replaced that one was the one on 10/16/4 and my parents had friends that lived off of Redland at the time and we went to that Wal-Mart all the time. My sister was like 3-5 at the time so it would have been 94-96ish that the Wal-mart opened.

And the now Starbucks in front was a Sombrero Rosa and then KFC and now the Starbucks.
San Pedro Outdoor Theatre in San Antonio, TX - Cinema Treasures

Aw, man, that Walmart/Hobby Lobby used to be a drive-in movie theater!! Wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 08:23 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,130,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
San Pedro Outdoor Theatre in San Antonio, TX - Cinema Treasures

Aw, man, that Walmart/Hobby Lobby used to be a drive-in movie theater!! Wow!
I was the projectionist at the San Pedro Outdoor Theatre for it's last four years of operation. It was originally built as a twin theatre in 1966. In 1970, a third screen was added, and in 1979, two of the lots were split and two more screens added. It was one of the nicest drive ins in San Antonio. I remember the first time I went to see a movie there. It was WAY out San Pedro (281). I figured I must have passed it up but couldn't believe I did because past Benson Chevrolet, there was little on San Pedro, and it would be hard to miss, so I kept on driving and finally, there it was. The picture on the screen was brighter than the other drive ins because there was NO ambient light to shine on the screens. In 30+ years in the theatre business, I worked at least a few shifts at every theatre in town at the time. The San Pedro was my favorite. I was shocked and saddened to see it go.

Old 06-20-2022, 02:11 AM

22 posts, read 31,661 times
I was just a kid when I lived in San Antonio from 1977 to 1982. I remember going to San Pedro Ave to the outdoor theater. My dad would tell me to duck down so he wouldn't have to pay. We saw Friday the 13th, Coma, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Saturday Night Fever, and Halloween. I also remember an indoor theater maybe called Northwestern where I saw Star Wars. Ingrahm Park Mall was just built when I lived there. I remember Toys r US, Showbiz Pizza, Godfathers Pizza, another indoor theater, and SOLO Serve near the mall. Looking at Google Maps, I don't see any of those there anymore. I also remember Joske's and a mall with a giant outdoor cowboy boots in front of it. Went to Hemiphere Arena to see the Spurs. Enjoyed the river walk. Went to the Tower of America. There was a Pizza Inn we ate at near John Jay high school I believe we always went to. I lived off of Marbach road and went to Adams Hill and Pease Middle School. I was just a kid so that's all I remember of San Antonio. My dad was stationed at Lakeland AFB.

Old 06-23-2022, 10:01 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,130,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnur View Post
I was just a kid when I lived in San Antonio from 1977 to 1982. I remember going to San Pedro Ave to the outdoor theater. My dad would tell me to duck down so he wouldn't have to pay. We saw Friday the 13th, Coma, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Saturday Night Fever, and Halloween. I also remember an indoor theater maybe called Northwestern where I saw Star Wars. Ingrahm Park Mall was just built when I lived there. I remember Toys r US, Showbiz Pizza, Godfathers Pizza, another indoor theater, and SOLO Serve near the mall. Looking at Google Maps, I don't see any of those there anymore. I also remember Joske's and a mall with a giant outdoor cowboy boots in front of it. Went to Hemiphere Arena to see the Spurs. Enjoyed the river walk. Went to the Tower of America. There was a Pizza Inn we ate at near John Jay high school I believe we always went to. I lived off of Marbach road and went to Adams Hill and Pease Middle School. I was just a kid so that's all I remember of San Antonio. My dad was stationed at Lakeland AFB.
If you were under 12, you didn't have to pay. Every drive in with per person prices always let kids under 12 in free. "Star Wars" had it's first San Antonio run at the Wonder and Century South. It was re released so many times, it played virtually every indoor and drive in. Ingram Park Mall had a 6 screen theatre, and there was a 4 screen theatre across Ingram Rd from the mall called the Ingram Square. Four screens were added to it later.

I really enjoyed eating at Godfather's Pizza. I wish they still had a San Antonio location.

Old 07-29-2022, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,102 times
Default Central Baptist Church on South Presa

Does anyone have any photos or details of the history of Central Baptist Church that was located on South Presa? It was torn down between 2009 and 2015.

Thanks!

Old 11-03-2022, 02:07 PM

5 posts, read 4,237 times
Default Wet-n-Wild Club

Hello,

I met this lady who claims she danced here. That would be 1978. Don't wanna name names on here but her name started with T and she also claims her sisters danced here. If you think you know this gal let me know......

Old 01-05-2024, 12:56 PM

5 posts, read 4,237 times
One of her sisters stage name was Diamond and was very popular. Anyone remember Diamond at the Wet n Wild?

Old 02-18-2024, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 490 times
My wife and I moved back to San Antonio after 24 years away in 1997. I was amazed that KONO was still playing the same music as when we were in high school. Even more amazed that KTSA was mostly a talk station. Also a bit sad that KEXL was no more -- recorded a lot of full albums to 8-track tapes for party music,

Old 04-02-2024, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 118 times
The history of Ringo's as I know it. My 2 sisters and I worked at 3219 Blanco at the corner of Alametos.
#1 was atv5 points. #2 was on Jackson Keller across from Nimitz and was run by 2 sisters, Polly and Laura. When the owner opened #3 , Polly and her husband Bob ran #2 and Laura and her husband Ed ran #3. Eventually the sisters bought out the original owner and Laura and Ed ran #1 and opened a 4th one at McCullough and Dora. A brother ran that location.
Eventually 1 and 4 closed and then 3 closed when McDonald's moved into the neighborhood. #2 moved to west ave and LaManda and closed a few years later. As for the bean burger.
It was on a toasted bun with cheese whiz, mashed pinto beans, I say mashed because Laura would cook a 5 gallon pot of beans and then use a potato masher to mash them, there were chopped onions and crushed fruits, a hamburger patty and you could get it with jalapeños. The burger would be wrapped and topped with a little green pepper on top. There was no "picante" sauce on it. The hot sauce was made in house.

Old 04-08-2024, 08:16 AM

501 posts, read 776,237 times
Recently found an old phone (from the days when you rented them from SW Bell) marked with a 512 area code and a stamped alphanumeric number starting with OV. Recalling that when we returned to USA in late 60's Dallas had alphanumeric numbers but can't remember when the switch to all numbers was made.
Anyone recall what the OV prefix stood for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio