Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 08:40 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,678,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Owl View Post
The townhomes at the front of Westcreek are section 8.
You're half right. It was built to be half subsidized and the remainder at higher rents. There were some Katrina folks there last year, but don't know if that is still true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Morning traffic in Westcreek Along Military Drive West

Am I imagining it, or is the morning traffic in Westcreek getting worse along Military Drive West? I guess some of it is now increased due to Westcreek Oaks can no longer turn left onto Loop 1604. But, it seems that maybe some folks are cutting through WC to avoid the Potranco and Loop 1604 intersection.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:57 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,823,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Am I imagining it, or is the morning traffic in Westcreek getting worse along Military Drive West? I guess some of it is now increased due to Westcreek Oaks can no longer turn left onto Loop 1604. But, it seems that maybe some folks are cutting through WC to avoid the Potranco and Loop 1604 intersection.
Can't turn left on Westcreek Oaks - probably.

I think a lot of the traffic along military in the morning has to do with the school and the massive influx of kids this year. As I understand it Galm is the overflow school for Ott. Ott was at or near capacity this year so the overflow went to Galm (and my kid gets stuck in a portable due to the lack of space!).

I wish they would have built a longer right hand turn lane coming out of Westcreek to 1604. With two vehicles in front I can barely squeeze by.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:12 PM

314 posts, read 2,541,096 times
Default Newcomers Meeting

Here are a few interesting tidbit's that I heard at the Westcreek newcomers meeting tonight. Note that I only heard them, whether they are true is another story:

JC Penny's and Sears was mentioned as going in next to the Walmart.

San Antonio City limits runs just past the front of Walmart, leaving the parking lot out of city limits.

Westcreek has the second largest HOA in the city with 3315 houses. The Great Northwest is the largest with over 5000.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajox View Post
Here are a few interesting tidbit's that I heard at the Westcreek newcomers meeting tonight. Note that I only heard them, whether they are true is another story:

JC Penny's and Sears was mentioned as going in next to the Walmart.

San Antonio City limits runs just past the front of Walmart, leaving the parking lot out of city limits.

Westcreek has the second largest HOA in the city with 3315 houses. The Great Northwest is the largest with over 5000.
There is supposed to be a JC Penny's in Alamo Ranch Marketplace.

If new house construction continues at its current pace, then Redbird Ranch, Stevens Ranch, and Alamo Ranch will all be larger than Westcreek.

Did anyone bring up the status of the new recreation area? Will it be developed anytime soon, or landscaping around the new clubhouse?

Old 03-24-2007, 07:19 AM

173 posts, read 618,069 times
I wasn't able to attend the meeting but I'd sure love to hear what was discussed. I'm also curious about the new rec. area.

Hey Steelman, have you driven down Desirae(sp?)? I noticed it dead-ends into a private road. It looks like some landowners have held out and WC built around them. Kinda weird, huh?

Old 03-24-2007, 09:10 AM

314 posts, read 2,541,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAnative View Post
I wasn't able to attend the meeting but I'd sure love to hear what was discussed. I'm also curious about the new rec. area.

Hey Steelman, have you driven down Desirae(sp?)? I noticed it dead-ends into a private road. It looks like some landowners have held out and WC built around them. Kinda weird, huh?
The only thing they said about the new rec. center, was that it get's rented out a lot. Almost everyday in December is taken, so if you want a Christmas party there, you need to hurry. They need the rec. center to be profitable, to pay for itself and keep our HOA fee's where they've been for 15 years. Also the new pool will have a lap lane.

Since it was a newcomers meeting, they mostly talked about covenants and bylaws. What we could and could not do to our houses, landscape, and how to apply for improvements and changes. They also talked about how the HOA works.

They did talk about the land that is for sale at the dead end/ corner of Military. There is something like 115 acres, but it is in the flood plains, so it's unbuildable.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:54 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,161,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajox View Post
They did talk about the land that is for sale at the dead end/ corner of Military. There is something like 115 acres, but it is in the flood plains, so it's unbuildable.
Here's a link to the acreage that is for sale including maps and plats for that particular area near Military West and Grosenbacher.

http://www.dirtdealers.com/Properties/Westcreek%20-%20145%20acres/Westcreek%20145ac%20adobeoverview.pdf (broken link)

Old 03-24-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Here's a link to the acreage that is for sale including maps and plats for that particular area near Military West and Grosenbacher.

http://www.dirtdealers.com/Properties/Westcreek%20-%20145%20acres/Westcreek%20145ac%20adobeoverview.pdf (broken link)
Look at page 4 of 7 of the PDF file, and you will see a 24.98 acre plat. That is owned by the Westcreek HOA. That land plus the new clubhouse and pool costs $750,000. Lets hope they keep making the payments on time!

Old 03-24-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAnative View Post

Hey Steel man, have you driven down Desirae(sp?)? I noticed it dead-ends into a private road. It looks like some landowners have held out and WC built around them. Kinda weird, huh?
SAnative,

Yes, I've been to that dead end a few times. Our neighbor said that there are five families that own the land and one can not sell out unless they have the consent of the other four. Follow this link to see the houses and land:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...21501&t=h&om=1

Their land buts up to 3 feet of my backyard fence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio