Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 11:28 PM

504 posts, read 1,459,949 times

Advertisements

thanks for missing the last portion of my statement clarifying what activism can yield for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 11:34 PM

103 posts, read 270,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
thanks for missing the last portion of my statement clarifying what activism can yield for you.
Oh, not to worry, I didn't miss it. However, we were discussing grafitti, about which you stated you knew certain information. You explained your reason for not sharing that information with law enforcement, information that would certainly help in alleviating some of the problem. You've made it clear that you're taking the NIMBY approach.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:35 PM

google montana paint, then look for delaers in the area.

i am not the one that has a problem with tagging. never even started a thread about it. so that is no surprise to anyone here. in fact i am a founding member of the biggest Graffiti Art festival in the world which used to be hosted here. quite a few members here know that.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:36 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,396,180 times
Quote:
because i personally like some of the art they do. now, i do a graffiti wipeout once a month on my own with my association members and actually have had some of these taggers out with us to clean up.

i have methods and since none of those establishments are in my area it does not bother me, but alot of people in the northwest, northside, and northeast have these establishments. if they want to change the environment around them they should.

i did on one hand put enough pressure on a "headshop" down the street from me that opened up and was selling bongs, rolling papers, and xxx dvd's/paint. after about 3 months with me hounding them and SAPD hounding them they closed.
Q....am I understanding you correctly? YOU think it's OK for them to tag as long as they come back and paint over it? AND you'll only help out if it's in YOUR hood? So it's ok for them to go down and vandalize the Mission Trail since it's outta your "area"....and so what? They are "artists"....let them practice on San Fernando Cathedral.....or why not some elementary school out of your range. That way they'll get a really GOOD EARLY start on their careers of contributing NOTHING productive to the community. In fact....lets just let them deface nursing homes while we're at it. Heck....the elderly can't paint over it anyway and probably can't even see half of it. They'd have free reign there.

Big kudos for the bong bash....but it's negated with an attitude of "competition" or better yet an apathy to do greater work for the greater populace. Confining your activism to Palm Heights seems to be a case of wanting to be a big fish in a little pond.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:43 PM

big fish in a little pond? i am taking care of my little nook in the city. its in my bylaws to do for us first. much like jason mata does for prospect hill, lupita siller for collins garden, mr. garcia for memorial heights, beatrice gallego for st. james cops, and so forth. that is my jurisdiction. not anywhere else. i gave you the key to do the research yourself. now go do for your country and your community.

what i paint over is "toys" tagging and graf. its not art, its vandalism, but if i see a nice supher, enks, daecos, or shek piece i will keep it up as long as possible.

if you see it them tagging up the cathedral or your area, why didnt you stop them? thats on you. if you did your part, i did my part, and everyone did their parts in city we would be better off. the fact is my area does not get the finances that other districts in town get. we are the donut in the city, so if i have to help in my area alone i will. i am not city council, i am not a state rep, i am not your mayor. my area is my job responsibility. i vowed to care for my area, but if i give you a piece of advice and a tip to go on i expect others to do their part instead of it being handed to them.

a board of three officers serves over 10,000 people. i think we are doing ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Q....am I understanding you correctly? YOU think it's OK for them to tag as long as they come back and paint over it? AND you'll only help out if it's in YOUR hood? So it's ok for them to go down and vandalize the Mission Trail since it's outta you "area"....and so what? They are "artists"....let them practice on San Fernando Cathedral.....or why not some elementary school out of your range. That way they'll get a really GOOD EARLY start on their careers of contributing NOTHING productive to the community. In fact....lets just let them deface nursing homes while we're at it. Heck....the elderly can't paint over it anyway and probably can't even see half of it. They'd have free reign there.

Big kudos for the bong bash....but it's negated with an attitude of "competition" or better yet an apathy to do greater work for the greater populace. Confining your activism to Palm Heights seems to be a case of wanting to be a big fish in a little pond.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
google montana paint, then look for delaers in the area.

i am not the one that has a problem with tagging. never even started a thread about it. so that is no surprise to anyone here. in fact i am a founding member of the biggest Graffiti Art festival in the world which used to be hosted here. quite a few members here know that.
So because tagging is not a problem for you, however illegal it may be, you don't think it's your civic duty to report what you know? Besides, graffiti and tagging are two different things...one is art, the other is trash, IMO.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:49 PM

10,000 is a low number because we are in the process of allocating an area equal to ours from another neighborhood association that cannot handle their load. it is roughly the same, but it is more dense. i would say PHNA is about 15000 and another 15000 from the addition.

little pond it is not and you wont find many folks willing to take on more of a load in these times, but we dont have the advantages others have and must help everyone we can.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:52 PM

Hate to burst your bubble, but, wCat is right, it IS a little pond. It would be different if you were talking about the entire city.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:53 PM

i just reported it to you, i have told my SAFFE officers. so can you

whats holding you back? now you have a source and need to do a simple search.

heres the phone list
Contacting SAPD: E-Mail, Phone Numbers and Addresses

not contacting them would only make those out there as bad as me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTxTwistr View Post
So because tagging is not a problem for you, however illegal it may be, you don't think it's your civic duty to report what you know? Besides, graffiti and tagging are two different things...one is art, the other is trash, IMO.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
i just reported it to you, i have told my SAFFE officers. so can you

whats holding you back? now you have a source and need to do a simple search.

heres the phone list
Contacting SAPD: E-Mail, Phone Numbers and Addresses
Reporting it to me is a cop-out. I have no authority to do anything about it. I did not witness anyone come out of a shop and immediately get to tagging. Anything I would report would be hearsay, unless you give me your address and telephone number to have the authorities come speak to you and take your statement.

Quote:
not contacting them would only make those out there as bad as me.
Except, we're not the ones bragging about what a great job we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio