Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:00 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times

Advertisements

That's not quite the type of beating that I had in mind. If you like, I'll give you a sample.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 10:11 PM

41 posts, read 108,831 times
Default These people need to be made examples of

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
see above as to what i responded to.

that can be arranged, if done for charity like a local art school these guys work at i am sure it could be done. something like a boxing fight. let me know, i can get to work on it asap.
I will never understand why people defend these people and tell us property owners that we are too harsh on how this trash should be dealt with. These immature people and I mean the taggers need to be put in a program for at least 6 months feeding Ike evacuees or send them to houston to rebuild neighborhoods and businesses. Instead all we do is have or legal system reduce their charges and let them go on probation so they can go tag again on my or my communities property. Come on we were all young and rebellious but I used toilet paper or something that could be washed not something that needed to be repainted. All this kids whine about is how the world is so horrible and they have it so bad and they need to rebel. Guess what kiddos you are not fighting for our country in the middle east or starving in africa and your home wasn't destroyed by a hurricane. Get over it go to school and do something to make the community, the city, and the world a better place. A can of spray paint won't do it all it should do is get you a straight ticket to jail. Sorry had to vent, but sometimes get tired of ignorant comments!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:31 PM

504 posts, read 1,457,463 times
they already do, many of them volunteer 20-30 hours a week to local art programs either through the city and many times your own city council members. there is delicia herrera, shiela mcneil, philip cortez, phil hardberger, cisneros, and that is just on the local level.

ArtSmart is one of those programs. in fact some of those artists were given the shaft when some of the funding fell through and after working with the kids so long they wound up finding other places to host these classes. many of the people who opened their doors were artists who owned galleries and art space in the southtown area.

how about these graffiti artist in houston who have tried multiple times of launching the same programs here? Hair Balls - Slideshow: This Old House, by Aerosol Warfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw4life View Post
I will never understand why people defend these people and tell us property owners that we are too harsh on how this trash should be dealt with. These immature people and I mean the taggers need to be put in a program for at least 6 months feeding Ike evacuees or send them to houston to rebuild neighborhoods and businesses. Instead all we do is have or legal system reduce their charges and let them go on probation so they can go tag again on my or my communities property. Come on we were all young and rebellious but I used toilet paper or something that could be washed not something that needed to be repainted. All this kids whine about is how the world is so horrible and they have it so bad and they need to rebel. Guess what kiddos you are not fighting for our country in the middle east or starving in africa and your home wasn't destroyed by a hurricane. Get over it go to school and do something to make the community, the city, and the world a better place. A can of spray paint won't do it all it should do is get you a straight ticket to jail. Sorry had to vent, but sometimes get tired of ignorant comments!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:56 PM

504 posts, read 1,457,463 times
supher graffiti on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/supher/2840465404/ - broken link)

here, since i have no facts...ever!
ASKEW: Graffiti Mosaic
Spray paint seen as salvation for kids (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/MYSA012906_01B_graffiti2_3553ac8_html16303.html - broken link)

bus ecker supher

Supher TX RTD LAWS San Antonio Tile - Graffiti Pictures & Graffiti Art Gallery World Wide.

Pieced Together the all texas graffiti show, wildstyle art in Austin

SA Current - SPECIAL ISSUES: Street legal

The World's Best Photos of enks. Flickr Hive Mind

Art Crimes: Graffiti Shows and Events: 2005

scroll down here, you might actually recognize and enjoy some of it
Emvergeoning » graffiti

hummm a nonprofit mural program for children...they must be putting their money where their mouth is. some of these "taggers" are also professors in area universities and colleges as well as school teachers, but what do i know?
SpaceCadetz.com - The Best of MySpace Blog » Blog Archive » Supher

good enough for the SA Business Journal
Graffiti as art - San Antonio Business Journal: (http://albany.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2005/09/05/tidbits1.html - broken link)

there is alot more but i am tired

Old 09-26-2008, 03:55 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
i dunno shooting from a distance is as cowardly as "tagging" in the middle of the night
not even close. your "artists" have no fear, but with my plan they'd have plenty to fear. The police obviously can't handle it and when that happens the public needs to step in and assist. I would have no problem sitting on that jury and agreeing that no crime was commited. It's just cleaning up something 99% of us hate.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:12 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Wow, a small percentage of them only "tag" legally and that negates the blatant and criminal defacing of private and public property but the majority? I wonder how many of the “legal” taggers also tag illegally?

If you are OK with this, then don't complain the next you step in dog crap in your yard or at some public place. It is the same thing...

Cheers! M2

Old 09-26-2008, 02:00 PM

164 posts, read 555,443 times
I am friends with Mr. Supher and some of the Laws crew. They are very nice people and (contrary to some of the posts here) real artists who get paid to do what they do. I don't agree with tagging personal property, or private businesses. An ugly concrete ditch, though? I'm not going to get upset about people getting creative there (I also skateboard).

I am a "trainspotter" and whenever the wife and I head to Europe, we marvel at all of the wonderful "public art" from country to country on the rails.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:08 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,085 times
The next time you walk outside, see your fence, side of your house, or car sprayed, proclaim to the public what great public art that is, and we'll all come over to admire it.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:12 PM

164 posts, read 555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manthechange View Post
I don't agree with tagging personal property, or private businesses.
sinsativa...

at least attempt to read my post before commenting, please.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:41 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
y'all can appreciate your home values depreciating along with your "art". I'll still try to hurt anyone I see doing it in my hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio