Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 10:34 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,467,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
there is one down the road on Bitters and 1604..take it to them
It's actually good only at the Alon location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 04:39 AM

584 posts, read 1,198,465 times
Brazilian restaurant is going in at Hardy Oak/Stone Oak (near iRun) where Caprissio Pizza used to be. The sign is up. Not sure when it is opening.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:48 PM

399 posts, read 1,142,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin927 View Post
Brazilian restaurant is going in at Hardy Oak/Stone Oak (near iRun) where Caprissio Pizza used to be. The sign is up. Not sure when it is opening.
This appears to be another miss on the market in the area. I don't believe Stone Oak itself can/will support a high-end Brazilian steakhouse at this spot. It might succeed off of 1604 or 281 (like Chama Gaucha), but not in the interior of Stone Oak. This market is looking for more affordable, family friendly options. Of course this is just my opinion, but I don't see this going well for the owners.

On a side note, I'm pleased by how well Milano's is doing in the cursed spot at the NW corner of Huebner/Stone Oak.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:37 PM

145 posts, read 380,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin927 View Post
Drove by today and they have a sign out front saying now open. Name is Galpao Gaucho.
Agree that this is a big miss. Found their website but not much info. on it, no prices listed.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:21 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,591,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadimis View Post
Drove by today and they have a sign out front saying now open. Name is Galpao Gaucho.
Agree that this is a big miss. Found their website but not much info. on it, no prices listed.
Website here: Galpao Gaucho Brazilian Steakhouse

I think that if they are good, they will work out anywhere.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:01 PM

501 posts, read 783,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Website here: Galpao Gaucho Brazilian Steakhouse

I think that if they are good, they will work out anywhere.
Can't understand why they don't post prices.....if it's like the other churrascarias, it's essentially a one-price buffet-maybe a tad less at lunch. And everyone knows by now that it won't be cheap.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:09 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,591,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoman67z View Post
Can't understand why they don't post prices.....if it's like the other churrascarias, it's essentially a one-price buffet-maybe a tad less at lunch. And everyone knows by now that it won't be cheap.
That I agree with...but they might be playing with it a bit to see what is the ideal price point.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,257,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoman67z View Post
If the price is known and on the high side, some people will be deterred and not bother to sample it.

If it's a mystery and on the high side, those people might sample it and the restaurant profits from their business.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:58 AM

487 posts, read 1,122,333 times
I was told this was supposed to be scaled down compared to the other locations and meant to appeal to the lunch crowd.
Looking at the link I think I was given the wrong information. It looks the same as the other. I agree, not a great location.
We went to the one downtown last November. Obviously a popular spot but not for us. Won't be back.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:02 AM

501 posts, read 783,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
If the price is known and on the high side, some people will be deterred and not bother to sample it.

If it's a mystery and on the high side, those people might sample it and the restaurant profits from their business.
I recall a similar pricing discussion here when Chama Gaucha opened. Sooner or later, someone's going to post here with the actual $$ amount.
For what it's worth, Chama still doesn't post prices on their website, but Fogo and TDB do ($49.5 and $44.99), so my guess would be that this will be $50 +/- 5 bucks at dinner, and maybe $20 less at lunch (excluding drinks/dessert).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio