Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 10:46 AM

336 posts, read 486,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoman67z View Post
I recall a similar pricing discussion here when Chama Gaucha opened. Sooner or later, someone's going to post here with the actual $$ amount.
For what it's worth, Chama still doesn't post prices on their website, but Fogo and TDB do ($49.5 and $44.99), so my guess would be that this will be $50 +/- 5 bucks at dinner, and maybe $20 less at lunch (excluding drinks/dessert).
Not posting prices hasn't hurt Chama in the least. He's opened up three locations and is working on three more by the end of 2015.

It's as much about the level of service at Chama as it is the food. Yes, they're really that good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 04:06 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,593,494 times
Quote:
I recall a similar pricing discussion here when Chama Gaucha opened. Sooner or later, someone's going to post here with the actual $$ amount.
For what it's worth, Chama still doesn't post prices on their website, but Fogo and TDB do ($49.5 and $44.99), so my guess would be that this will be $50 +/- 5 bucks at dinner, and maybe $20 less at lunch (excluding drinks/dessert).
I believe it's about $48 dinner and $28 lunch. They do post it at the hostess desk right inside the door.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:16 PM

56 posts, read 106,388 times
Anyone know what might be coming in to where Marie Callenders in windcrest was?

Old 05-17-2014, 08:41 AM

717 posts, read 1,364,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoer View Post
Anyone know what might be coming in to where Marie Callenders in windcrest was?
Not sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see a longhorn steakhouse out there one day as that is the only Darden component missing out that way. On different note, when will SA ever get a Buda Di Peppo??

Old 05-17-2014, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,813 times
Quote:

So for everyone who is wondering about the prices at Galpao Gaucho they are actually cheaper than Fogo and Chama for both dinner and lunch. i wont say the exact prices just to leave a little bit of the mystery but its pretty much 25% less than Chama. and Galpao has a happy hour as well and a little yard/play area for the kids. Ive worked both at Fogo and Chama and i know the owners for both Chama and Galpao so i dont really have a bias toward one or the other they are both great steakhouses with great food and service. Galpao is just a little bit more relaxed, a little bit cheaper, and a little bit more family friendly

Old 05-17-2014, 12:00 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,083,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
Not sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see a longhorn steakhouse out there one day as that is the only Darden component missing out that way. On different note, when will SA ever get a Buda Di Peppo??
Saw one of those in Austin....speaking of Austin a Torchys Tacos in coming to SA

Old 05-17-2014, 02:06 PM

501 posts, read 783,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarg817 View Post
So for everyone who is wondering about the prices at Galpao Gaucho they are actually cheaper than Fogo and Chama for both dinner and lunch. i wont say the exact prices just to leave a little bit of the mystery but its pretty much 25% less than Chama. and Galpao has a happy hour as well and a little yard/play area for the kids. Ive worked both at Fogo and Chama and i know the owners for both Chama and Galpao so i dont really have a bias toward one or the other they are both great steakhouses with great food and service. Galpao is just a little bit more relaxed, a little bit cheaper, and a little bit more family friendly
"I won't say the exact prices just to leave a little bit of the mystery..." -PRICELESS!!

Old 05-17-2014, 02:42 PM

318 posts, read 573,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
Saw one of those in Austin....speaking of Austin a Torchys Tacos in coming to SA
Where is the Torchys going to be located?

Old 05-19-2014, 09:23 AM

431 posts, read 1,209,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
New fast food player is coming on scene in San Antonio "Pollo Tropical"

Pollo Tropical coming soon to S.A. - San Antonio Express-News
New construction of one of these appears to be popping up in front of Office Depot at 281/Bitters. Corner of the parking lot closest to the intersection.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:52 PM

7 posts, read 10,758 times
The Rim area is booming with more restaurants. as far as steakhouses: Bob's Vs. Perry's??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio