Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 12:41 PM

16 posts, read 55,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post
I remember that guy Dave Lietz was on the Montel Williams show. It was hilarious.

That show was stupid fun.

Michelle, did you go to Clark H.S.?

I saw on one of your other post you are the same age as me and your name rings a bell.

Tried to PM you but had no luck.

Later

crazedchef
Actually, I went to Holmes Class of '87. I didn't know Dave had reached such heights of stardom. I couldn't find Brooks on the Classmates.com site. I used to live across the street from one of Brooks's bestfriends but never spoke to him. I would just spy on him and his family -out in Helotes. My name might ring a bell because there was another girl with my name at Homes. She was some sort of a drillteam A-type personality. I changed my username to mmz1140. Do you remember that skit where the ever cruel Dave and Brooks would randomly video tape kind of.... well....chubby people coming out of the TCBY while playing the Baby Elephant song. I nearly wet myself I was laughing so hard. I'm sure they are going to Hell for that one. God help them if they ever do that to me while I'm coming out of Casa Sol. I'll know it was them.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:07 PM

61 posts, read 258,004 times
not sure if the library was a penny's or a sears, but i do know this...i went there for SEVERAL months and then one day, walking to the covered parking lot, it all came back to me..

Old 06-11-2007, 01:18 PM

16 posts, read 55,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleitt View Post
I'm glad someone out there remembers TWShow, "back in the day"... Again, I'm trying to put together a deal wherein I list ALL the highly-requested stuff, and YOU can choose, oh, I dunno, maybe 60-100 mins' worth of skits, songs, explosions, etc. I'll burn you a DVD of JUST the stuff you want; I don't think anyone does that. Remember Bogma Bunny singing "Liquid Poo" ..."Minerva Berlanga"... "Amanda Medina"... "The Worst Band" & trippy lyrics, "Cantinflas movie audio overdubs [banana horns, prositute nuns, horrid singing, etc.] "Brady Bunch"... "Flatulent Tilton" and of course, the bomb sketch & "Pros & Cons Of Suicide"? Log onto the website, and you can INSTANTLY d/l the Cheezy Download O' The Week (VERY trippy pic!) and you'll hear Devo's "unmistakable music." I'm working on the "master" list from which you can choose stuff for your personalized DVD. Each one takes HOURS to burn, so I'll end up asking for like $20 or so; I hope that's not too high, but keep in mind your copy's coming from the MASTER tapes.
Many thanks to lots of you folks... I'm still surprised that we got away with as much stuff as we did!! :-)
Take care...
Dave
Hilarious. I almost forgot about the overdubbing of movies. Didn't you go out and randomly videotape people and make up somekind of funny dialogue to go with it? I remember the chubby people coming out of TCBY with the baby elephant music. That stuff was great.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:27 PM

78 posts, read 407,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munerider View Post
not sure if the library was a penny's or a sears, but i do know this...i went there for SEVERAL months and then one day, walking to the covered parking lot, it all came back to me..
The library was a Sears. I definitely remember it. I think it nearly took up the whole block. Yep, the covered parking garage connected to the library is the only remanent left from the Sears store. In my dad's tackle box he still has the fishing lure I bought at Sears back in the mid-80's. Across the street from the library is the multi-storied parking garage for Baptist Hospital. There used to be a big orange(?) mural of a cartoon dinosaur on the wall of that parking garage with the words to the effect of "...making diseases extinct" or some such. I remember that mural since I was a wee toddler. In the corner building of what's now the new Southwest Arts & Craft is what used to be the Sears automotive building. I went in there with my dad once when he was looking to buy tires.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:52 PM

159 posts, read 785,480 times
Quote:
How interesting. I haven't read the Secret School but now I will in light of the stuff I've been reading about MK Ultra, Monarch Project and the other various gov't mind control programs. Warren McVae was the superstar from Brackneridge that took the team to state in the 50's I think. I walk by the trophy everyday -a rusty old cup now- that the team got when they won state.
Yes, the secret school is a very good read, have you read any of his other books? I have other good books on the subject if interested. I would love to hear some of the things that have happened to you and your family. Like I said before Im not going to turn this into the UFO post, but Ill start one. There are a lot of interesting reports out of San Antonio on MUFON. PM me if you like Id love to hear more. I found ole Warren McVae on Wikipedia, he might be the best football player from San Antonio next to Priest Holmes. Ole Warren was on the first college football team to ever play on Astro Turf.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:01 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,438,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munerider View Post
Sears was awesome, they had a place to eat and a snack bar with icee and popcorn. I was ticked off when they took the snack bars out of all the Sears stores.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmz1140 View Post
Yeah, that place -Earl Abel's- was like walking into an episode of the Twilight Zone. I ate there only once and it was really weird. There were a lot of blue-haired people -I think they were really stuck to the chairs; they looked like they had been going there for years- and the inside decor was like something out of an old 50's movie. Everything almost looked staged; I totally expected Frank Sinatra to jump out from behind some dated wall and start belting out a song with Tony Bennet. Please, somebody call HGTV now!!!!. No, really the place didn't need to be torn down; it just needed a fresh coat of paint and new carpet to cover up the 100 years of smoke embedded into the 100 year old carpet and stuck to the 100 year old paint. The food would have tasted better I guess if I didn't have the smell of old motel in my nostrils. I thought the little bar at the "front" with pies displayed on it was really quaint -you know coffeeshop-like. How 'bout the Pig Stands restaurant just down the street for going back in time. I went there a few times too. Sometimes I think about the pig-shaped restaurant near Brackenridge HS....will anybody save him? He's so adorable; I hope Bill Miller's doesn't doesn't just randomly get it into it's head that it needs to be torn down and turned into a parking lot. I sure could go for a pig sandwich and a black cow with a miniature jukebox nearby so I could pick my favorite oldies but goodies while I dine and dream about white wall tires, lots of chrome, neon signs and James Dean.

I went to Earl Ables before it closed and it still had the very old creepy feeling to it.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:59 PM

39 posts, read 200,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Does anyone remember when the Tomatillo's Mexican restaurant on Broadway used to be some kind of Italian restaurant? Is this true? When did it change? This is the restaurant with the indoor fountain.
I believe the restaurant you're referring to was Valerio's, I took my high school girlfriend there to impress her. That was in 1978.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:21 PM

139 posts, read 504,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
It's where I think Bill Millers stands now.
Capt Jims then.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwolfman View Post
Capt Jims then.
Yes seafood, I could not remember the name. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio