Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2007, 12:59 AM

86 posts, read 394,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwolfman View Post
Where was your favorite place to eat on Fathers Day, Back in the Day? Mine was Christies Seafood.
I loved Christies! Remember the aquariums they had? And that salad dressing was wonderful. There was a pond at the entrance, too, where you could toss in coins. Miss it a lot!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:27 AM

27 posts, read 108,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
I loved Christies! Remember the aquariums they had? And that salad dressing was wonderful. There was a pond at the entrance, too, where you could toss in coins. Miss it a lot!
You know, I ran into a Christies in Houston the other day. I believe it was off of Westheimer. (Southeastern part)

Old 07-15-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsuburban1 View Post
You know, I ran into a Christies in Houston the other day. I believe it was off of Westheimer. (Southeastern part)
Was it the same as the old one in S.A.?

Old 07-15-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Does anyone remember the old Pan American Restaurant?

It started out as just a small place and it was so good people would wait outside in line for hours to get in. Later on they built a bigger place. It is closed now but was one of the best Mexican restaurants around.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 PM

28 posts, read 148,932 times
Quote:
It started out as just a small place and it was so good people would wait outside in line for hours to get in. Later on they built a bigger place. It is closed now but was one of the best Mexican restaurants around.
I do remember the Pan American, I went there a few times with my In-Laws years ago. The food was awesome but I do recall a decrease in food quality towards the end....

Old 07-15-2007, 11:00 PM

27 posts, read 108,172 times
Quote:
Was it the same as the old one in S.A.?
I believe that it is. It was a seafood place and it looked very similar to the old Christies off of Broadway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLeahy View Post
I do remember the Pan American, I went there a few times with my In-Laws years ago. The food was awesome but I do recall a decrease in food quality towards the end....
The Pan American is located on the corner of Nogalitos and Division Street. I went there a couple of months ago and the food was fine.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:45 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,437,988 times
May have to make a trip to Houston for Christies.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Willsatx - I sure liked watching the Spurs games at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Also wondering if anyone had any old spurs pictures from the Hemisfair Arena.
arena didn't you? I miss it. We took our son there to see a game for his birthday and we got to sit right down close to the court-he sure enjoyed it. I don't have any pics,though,wish I did.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:47 PM
tcs

218 posts, read 877,571 times
Quote:
arena didn't you? I miss it. We took our son there to see a game for his birthday and we got to sit right down close to the court-he sure enjoyed it. I don't have any pics,though,wish I did.
My dad and I used to go to those all the time. He worked at Steves Sash and Door and we got to sit in the owners box. Back then that was a small area and the only plus's were the seats were a foot or so apart and they waiters that may have visited you twice or so during the game. There was even a Spurs game that had a rain delay. Before they added the mezzanine that old roof was leaker than my old 66 Mustang.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs View Post
My dad and I used to go to those all the time. He worked at Steves Sash and Door and we got to sit in the owners box. Back then that was a small area and the only plus's were the seats were a foot or so apart and they waiters that may have visited you twice or so during the game. There was even a Spurs game that had a rain delay. Before they added the mezzanine that old roof was leaker than my old 66 Mustang.
LOL! '66 Mustangs were so cool - they were so much neater than the newer Mustangs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio