Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 05:05 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,062,982 times

Advertisements

MySA.com: Metro | State (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA053008.7AOurBody.2f26750.html - broken link)

Hmmmm, seems like some New Yorkers will be getting some of the money back that they paid to see this. Turns out the bodies may be those of prisoners, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 06:28 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,702,423 times
I heard about this, but wasn't sure what ever came of it. Just an FYI, we took our 3 yr old son, and he LOVED IT! Though, he's loving anything to do with the body right now. He had me get him one of those kid anatomy books from the book store and knows more about the body than I do!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:01 AM

163 posts, read 546,633 times
Oh man, I checked the exhibit out on Memorial Day and was amazed. It was sooo worth the $20.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:10 AM

81 posts, read 260,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
MySA.com: Metro | State (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA053008.7AOurBody.2f26750.html - broken link)

Hmmmm, seems like some New Yorkers will be getting some of the money back that they paid to see this. Turns out the bodies may be those of prisoners, etc.
This is why I chose to skip the exhibit.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:23 AM

130 posts, read 544,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmammoo View Post
Oh man, I checked the exhibit out on Memorial Day and was amazed. It was sooo worth the $20.
I went on Memorial Day too. The exhibit was ok, I just felt it was a little unorganized. The worst part was the baby section. That was a little disturbing.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:35 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,824,694 times
There are literally dozens of companies competing against eachother in this line of cadaver preservation presentation (...say that 10x fast...)

I thought the exhibit at the Witte was only alright. For the ticket price, I expected a national-tour worthy presentation and only got a simple step-up from the usual suspect. The actual cadavers weren't in the best of shape and the exact process used to plasticize the bodies was a little sloppy.

Anyone who's been to Las Vegas (or is going) should really check out one of the premier exhibits of this nature at The Tropicana, where they have it on permanent display. Exceptional detail in the bodies, nice overall design within and the best circulatory-system redux I've ever seen. It's literally a jaw-dropping experience.

As for the fetus section: It's fascinating. There are few ways that we, as living humans, can dissect and understand the miracle of life. I'd think that seeing the stages of human development is an important piece of knowledge, not only for adults, but for kids as well.

BN

Old 05-30-2008, 03:32 PM

933 posts, read 1,980,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclor85 View Post
I went on Memorial Day too. The exhibit was ok, I just felt it was a little unorganized. The worst part was the baby section. That was a little disturbing.
Our oldest daughter (8) had enough at the baby section as well, so Mommy took her outside. Usually she is really into talking about such things based on some of the elementary books we have bought for her. I am really excited about the Da Vinci exhibit coming up...and I believe it is a mere $3 to get in for members.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:19 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,318,832 times
Went to the exhibit Memorial weekend. A little interesting, a little disgusting... mostly "a big yawn" but then I am jaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio