Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2007, 03:58 PM

4 posts, read 8,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
blockbuster online is my personal favorite. My mailbox is very convenient and they have a distribution facility in SA, so you normally get the movie the next day. You can also exchange an online movie in the store for a store movie and you get one coupon per month for a free movie or video game. I always use it for a game because they are normally much more expensive. I also keep forgetting to use them too, need more new Wii games...
Yes I was thinking I might need to go with Netflix or Blockbuster Online, they both have Blue-Rays and normal DVDs. As for games I have all three systems but dont normally rent games just usually by the good ones and play those or download demos online and if I like them then Ill rent them.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:02 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,474,727 times
Quote:
that's what dynamite is for

but seriously, competition is good and I'm just a walmart hater like eVega, they do nothing for me and I'll never shop in one. According to the design plan thing someone posted a while back in this thread, there will be a Papa Murphy's pizza in the HEB+ center and Double Daves (a local place) is supposed to open there too, sometime.. Papa Murphy's has it on their web site too, so that's pretty firm, but no date. I can't wait, I love them and their prices are great. also good to be able to pick it up on the way home and cook/eat it when I want
The Papa Murphy folks are busy getting the equipment in and the signs are up....so it appears that they will open WAY before Double Daves (don't see much progress there last weekend). Having never tried either, sure that I will get around to both...but if only SOMEONE would put in a STEAK HOUSE or some kind of Deli or something...they would need 2 armored cars to hall the $$$ to the bank with the TOTAL lack of competition!!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 06:02 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,422,744 times
maybe a smart entrepreneur is reading here and will see the opportunity..

I know a really good deli with hot meats and fresh baked bagels would make a fortune. Problem is some people might associate the food with Jewish people and maybe the demographics don't match up. however, the bagel place/deli I worked at was owned by a Jewish man (good friend of my dad), but we had all sorts of customers and the downtown location that was right on campus was even more diverse.. I hate it when people think only a certain group eats a certain food and won't put the restaurant up because the population base doesn't match..

good example would be Momma Lee's off Valley High in that shopping center by 410. It's soul food, but they target Lackland. Not any particular race, just people that like good food and they are popular. Pretty much everyone I work with loves the food and we're a mixed crowd. The guys that started it were in my TAP class while I was still active duty and I'm glad they're business is doing really good. now they need to start serving dinner instead of only lunch..

Old 07-25-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
maybe a smart entrepreneur is reading here and will see the opportunity..

I know a really good deli with hot meats and fresh baked bagels would make a fortune. Problem is some people might associate the food with Jewish people and maybe the demographics don't match up. however, the bagel place/deli I worked at was owned by a Jewish man (good friend of my dad), but we had all sorts of customers and the downtown location that was right on campus was even more diverse.. I hate it when people think only a certain group eats a certain food and won't put the restaurant up because the population base doesn't match..

good example would be Momma Lee's off Valley High in that shopping center by 410. It's soul food, but they target Lackland. Not any particular race, just people that like good food and they are popular. Pretty much everyone I work with loves the food and we're a mixed crowd. The guys that started it were in my TAP class while I was still active duty and I'm glad they're business is doing really good. now they need to start serving dinner instead of only lunch..

We ate at Momma Lee's from Lackland as well (WHMC) and LOVED the food...no wonder they only have to open for the lunch rush...they are packing them in! I agree, a good deli (NY style) OR the ever-popular-never-give-up-until-every-store-is-filled-and-there-is-not-one... PANERA Bread!!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 07:30 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,249,186 times
Momma Lee's is good!

Old 07-25-2007, 10:09 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,681,877 times
Quote:
that's what dynamite is for

but seriously, competition is good and I'm just a walmart hater like eVega, they do nothing for me and I'll never shop in one. According to the design plan thing someone posted a while back in this thread, there will be a Papa Murphy's pizza in the HEB+ center and Double Daves (a local place) is supposed to open there too, sometime.. Papa Murphy's has it on their web site too, so that's pretty firm, but no date. I can't wait, I love them and their prices are great. also good to be able to pick it up on the way home and cook/eat it when I want
To each their own. I shop at Walmart, HEB, Target, and whatever store has the best deal. Also, a large empty building would look like...well, remember Super K-Mart at Loop 410 and Marbach and Walmart at 410 & 151? BTW: I shopped at K-Mart as well.

Also, Potranco outside Loop 1604 won't be expanded any further for a couple of years due to lack of funds.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:22 AM

Not to worry, I don't think that there has EVER been a Walmart that closed (unless it was because they built a SUPER WALMART to replace it) has there?????

Old 07-26-2007, 01:09 PM

3 posts, read 12,504 times
Default Cupcake Junction

Does anyone know anything about the Cupcake Junction that just opened on Potranco? I saw it today and have never heard of it. It's in the area where they opened the Pet Barn and Church's Chicken.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:48 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,422,744 times
I like cupcakes, but haven't driven down Potranco in at least a month. the traffic and the lights that are seemingly always red are too annoying. I'll have my wife or son stop in there and let me know how it is

Old 07-26-2007, 03:37 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,563,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat101 View Post
Does anyone know anything about the Cupcake Junction that just opened on Potranco? I saw it today and have never heard of it. It's in the area where they opened the Pet Barn and Church's Chicken.
Thanx alot! Just had to go over there after reading your post! Cute place, very colorful. My little girls adore cupcakes and they really liked Confetti Cupcakes next to the Silverado 16 theatre at Bandera/1604. I thought that the cupcakes there were quite stale and very expensive, although they were beautiful and the store is quite attractive. At Cupcake Junction, the store is not as......ummm.... "upscale" and the cupcakes are displayed in a more disorganized fashion. However, much fresher and more reasonably priced!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio