Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2007, 04:54 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,412,302 times

Advertisements

I was at Double Dave's yesterday and the girl at the counter didn't know any further info about when it was opening, but she thought it was a long way off.
Then again, she was a younger girl and probably wasn't really in the know on anything. Eating there refreshed my memory on how much I love their food though and I can't wait for it to open over by me. Castle Hills is a nice area, but the construction is for the birds, plus I couldn't remember where the place was. I think the last time I was there was winter (about 3-4 years ago) and the lack of trees made the place look a lot different. They also need to invest in better a/c. It actually felt better when I steppe outside and that was at almost 2:00 PM!

as far as my daughter talking to the manager, she probably never would do that. Confrontation of any type isn't her style and she's almost 21, so I can't really tell her what to do anymore.. thank you for caring though, that doesn't happen often enough lately.

Last edited by rd2007; 07-14-2007 at 05:03 AM..

Old 07-15-2007, 02:40 PM

4 posts, read 15,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
as far as my daughter talking to the manager, she probably never would do that. Confrontation of any type isn't her style and she's almost 21, so I can't really tell her what to do anymore.. thank you for caring though, that doesn't happen often enough lately.
I try to make sure everything in the store is clean and the food is fresh, so I can only imagine that it was during a time when I or the store manager wasn't there. Unfortunately, not everyone at my store is as dedicated to quality as I am. Working on it, though!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:05 AM

3 posts, read 7,895 times
Default new houses

I have been looking at purchasing a new home at Mesa or Fairfield housing in this area. Why is this area so inexpensive compared to other areas of SA? Is it because the community is still so new? Also, do you all know if the new houses being built are appreciating in value?

Old 07-18-2007, 05:02 AM

26 posts, read 154,218 times
LadyFirelyght --- at which McDonalds do you work? I posted a complaint earlier about very bad service at the Sea World location (consistently getting my order wrong - to the point it happens WAY more often that not) and the Military/410 Walmart McDonalds - for taking almost a 1/2 hour to fill a simple (not at lunch rush) order. I did complain to the corporate office about the SW experience - and got coupons for free meals. I went back at least a 1/2 dozen times - EVERY time my order was wrong again - I give up - I don't go anymore. If this is your restaurant - it REALLY needs some help! I'm sure not everyone complains so you don't realize how bad the problem is nor do I believe I am the ONLY one that this has happened to - it was just too regular an 'offense'. I'm very disappointed as I really do love McDs (salty fries - yum! )

skifam1 --- Where are these Mesa and Fairfield developments? Never heard of them. I have a friend hoping to move to the area soon - would love to give her a 'heads up' on affordable housing.

wokinn - where is your restaurant? Hmmmm - I must not get out often enough! Love the addition of brown rice! Steamed I hope!

Never heard of DoubleDaves or Papa Murpheys pizza before. Now I KNOW I dont get out enough!!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 06:40 AM

48 posts, read 128,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin1957 View Post
LadyFirelyght --- at which McDonalds do you work? I posted a complaint earlier about very bad service at the Sea World location (consistently getting my order wrong - to the point it happens WAY more often that not) and the Military/410 Walmart McDonalds - for taking almost a 1/2 hour to fill a simple (not at lunch rush) order. I did complain to the corporate office about the SW experience - and got coupons for free meals. I went back at least a 1/2 dozen times - EVERY time my order was wrong again - I give up - I don't go anymore. If this is your restaurant - it REALLY needs some help! I'm sure not everyone complains so you don't realize how bad the problem is nor do I believe I am the ONLY one that this has happened to - it was just too regular an 'offense'. I'm very disappointed as I really do love McDs (salty fries - yum! )

skifam1 --- Where are these Mesa and Fairfield developments? Never heard of them. I have a friend hoping to move to the area soon - would love to give her a 'heads up' on affordable housing.

wokinn - where is your restaurant? Hmmmm - I must not get out often enough! Love the addition of brown rice! Steamed I hope!

Never heard of DoubleDaves or Papa Murpheys pizza before. Now I KNOW I dont get out enough!!!!
WOW I thought this only happened to my hubby! This happens all the time for him and myself a few times at this location. They suck!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 07:04 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,822,521 times
The Seaworld location has messed up our orders about 50% of the time. Its got to the point that we don't move until we've gone through the bags (my apologies to anyone who has been behind us).

We pretty much avoid it now and go to whataburger near culebra or subway at potranco.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:43 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,412,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
The Seaworld location has messed up our orders about 50% of the time. Its got to the point that we don't move until we've gone through the bags (my apologies to anyone who has been behind us).

We pretty much avoid it now and go to whataburger near culebra or subway at potranco.
Your heart probably thanks you

Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 AM

55 posts, read 246,686 times
Quote:

We are located in the corner of Ellison and Potranco. The shopping center next to CVS and facing directly across the Stevens High School...

hope to see you soon!

wok inn

Old 07-19-2007, 06:45 AM

4 posts, read 15,199 times
Quote:
LadyFirelyght --- at which McDonalds do you work? I posted a complaint earlier about very bad service at the Sea World location (consistently getting my order wrong - to the point it happens WAY more often that not) and the Military/410 Walmart McDonalds - for taking almost a 1/2 hour to fill a simple (not at lunch rush) order. I did complain to the corporate office about the SW experience - and got coupons for free meals. I went back at least a 1/2 dozen times - EVERY time my order was wrong again - I give up - I don't go anymore. If this is your restaurant - it REALLY needs some help! I'm sure not everyone complains so you don't realize how bad the problem is nor do I believe I am the ONLY one that this has happened to - it was just too regular an 'offense'. I'm very disappointed as I really do love McDs (salty fries - yum!
I work at the new McDonald's in Walmart on Potranco. I've heard about the service at the SW McDonald's. I also used to work at the Military/410 McDonald's. Morning shifts (which I worked) were always the best because for some reason the people in the morning were the only ones that cared to do a job. Then a new store manager came in, fired or drove away all the good employees and hired a bunch of numbskulls who don't know what they're doing. I don't even eat there now.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:14 AM

2,027 posts, read 7,029,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFirelyght View Post
I work at the new McDonald's in Walmart on Potranco. I've heard about the service at the SW McDonald's. I also used to work at the Military/410 McDonald's. Morning shifts (which I worked) were always the best because for some reason the people in the morning were the only ones that cared to do a job. Then a new store manager came in, fired or drove away all the good employees and hired a bunch of numbskulls who don't know what they're doing. I don't even eat there now.
I absolutely hate when that happens, but it seems to happen all the time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio