Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2007, 04:20 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times

Advertisements

I live in Westcreek and have never heard of anyone offering curbside recycling.

you got us sapphire..

Old 11-21-2007, 07:15 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,826,412 times
We live at 151 and Potranco--so inside Loop 1604. We have city garbage pick up and they do recycling pick up on Mondays. Just call the city...311 I think or you can go online to the sanitation department and ask for one of those green recycling bins. Now this is assuming that the city picks up your garbage and assuming that you are inside Loop 1604.

If you're in Trophy Ridge (that is where you just bought a house right?) I'm sure they do recycling pick up...my in-laws live there and have the recycling bins and have them pick up on Mondays too.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:20 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times
hadleyzoo brings up a very good point. One of the first decisions you should make prior to picking a location is whether you want to live in the city or outside. I'd highly recommend researching the ups and downs of both and also searching this forum for the topic. It's been brought up several times and there is no "correct answer". Neither is perfect and neither is the wrong decision.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:09 AM

33 posts, read 118,364 times
Default Recycling

Mojokitty,
As I recall you are moving into Trophy Ridge. I live in the Phase 1 area and we have recycling on Mondays with trash on Mondays and Thursdays. However, I know the Phase 3 homesites are not in the city, so if you are going to be living back there, you may have a different schedule. I know there are some folks who occasionally post here that live back there and they should be able to tell you what is going on.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:21 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,700,141 times
Yes, we are moving to Trophy Ridge in Phase 1, so that is a relief. I like to recycle, it makes me feel better . Do you enjoy living in Trophy Ridge? I'm sure now that you have a good idea where I'm going to be living, you probably have a good idea which house we are moving to (if our dumb VA loan would ever be finished!) Thanks for the info!

Old 11-22-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Enjoying Trophy Ridge

Yes, I like living in the neighborhood. The convenience of having an HEB+ just up the road is great, the neighbors are particularly pleasant, our HOA is actually getting started and has quite a few folks that are trying to make the neighborhood nicer and it is actually set far enough back from Potranco that it you really feel away from the hustle and bustle that is the Potranco/1604 area. Are you moving into a house someone else owned or one that has not been lived in yet? Anyway, no matter, welcome to the neighborhood. I am confident you will enjoy it here. Do you have school-age kids? The new elementary school sure looks like it is going to be nice. I guess it better be with all the money we have been shelling out to NISD.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:39 AM

We are moving into a pre-owned home. I love it! The neighborhood seemed really nice and quiet. I hope that's the case when we move in. It seemed far enough away from everything that you weren't part of the hustle and bustle. I have a little boy who is 3, so in a couple of years he can attend that school. I just wonder if they are going to have a pre-school at that school. It would be SO close and convienient! Thanks for the welcome! Seems like a great place to live.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Welcome

Glad you're excited about moving here. By the way, if you ever need a sitter, I have a 15-year-old daughter who loves kids!! (Sorry for the shameless promotion)

Old 11-22-2007, 08:06 AM

Bigbill,
I think you just made my heart skip a beat! I was so worried that we wouldn't be able to find a sitter!!! Well, when we get down there, we'll have to meet up so I can meet your daughter, that would be just wonderful! With the energy that my little guy has, I need a break from time to time! Thanks!

Old 11-22-2007, 08:41 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
We are moving into a pre-owned home. I love it! The neighborhood seemed really nice and quiet. I hope that's the case when we move in. It seemed far enough away from everything that you weren't part of the hustle and bustle. I have a little boy who is 3, so in a couple of years he can attend that school. I just wonder if they are going to have a pre-school at that school. It would be SO close and convienient! Thanks for the welcome! Seems like a great place to live.
I think pre-K is only for ESL kids. If they only speak Spanish at home, in other words, or if you are low-income. I don't think they let everyone start at 4 years old, at least they didn't when mine were that age. Welcome to San Antonio!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio