Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 03:15 PM

523 posts, read 495,453 times

Advertisements

Well the horns r coming to town for the second straight yr. coming to a town that has its own team, the utsa roadrunners. It seems everytime the horns play in the alamo bowl, most sa fans consider them as a more lovable team to worship than UTSA. makes it the biggest thing in college football here in SA. more important than UTSA success in FBS recently.

What do the horns have that the runners dont have? I go for the horns if im from austin, or attended ut or have family that attended. Im not one of them. im a roadrunner fan, cause im from sa. Ill root for the horns(on a part time basis) only cause our team is not in postseason play. And it doesnt mean il wear burnt orange n white. Cause I always wear blue and orange. Think about this college fans from our alamo city, its about loving the home team, not a team from elsewhere. its ok to love Texas State, but the Horns, or even the Aggies on a full time basis. what gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 03:31 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,422,752 times
uh....the easy answer is alumni.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:04 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,269,055 times
Alumni, world wide fans, tons and tons of money, National Championships, History.

What does UTSA have that UT doesn't?

Old 12-12-2013, 04:21 PM

19 posts, read 32,839 times
I was a Horns fan before I was a Roadrunners fan...and I am a UTSA alumna. I'm not going to set aside my UT fanship just because UTSA finally got a football team. I am a UTSA season ticket holder and I still attend a couple UT games a year when able. There is room for me to cheer for both and I do. Plus, UTSA is a member of the UT system, so they are relatives to me.

Above all though, what UT has over UTSA that you're not taking into account is a pedigreed program with 120 years of football history, 4 National Championships, a lifetime win/loss ratio upwards of .700, and national prominence in a much higher profile conference. Just to scratch the surface.

There are lots of dual UT/UTSA fans out there. It's not an either/or situation. UTSA's program is just beginning. Over time they will hopefully build a solid history and reputation themselves.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:57 PM

894 posts, read 1,549,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGarcia879 View Post
Well the horns r coming to town for the second straight yr. coming to a town that has its own team, the utsa roadrunners. It seems everytime the horns play in the alamo bowl, most sa fans consider them as a more lovable team to worship than UTSA. makes it the biggest thing in college football here in SA. more important than UTSA success in FBS recently.

What do the horns have that the runners dont have? I go for the horns if im from austin, or attended ut or have family that attended. Im not one of them. im a roadrunner fan, cause im from sa. Ill root for the horns(on a part time basis) only cause our team is not in postseason play. And it doesnt mean il wear burnt orange n white. Cause I always wear blue and orange. Think about this college fans from our alamo city, its about loving the home team, not a team from elsewhere. its ok to love Texas State, but the Horns, or even the Aggies on a full time basis. what gives?
Your post is baffling. The Alamo Bowl is currently a Big 12-PAC 12 thing and that UT is playing there instead of UTSA has nothing to do with the emotional considerations you cite. It is a bowl game. Your admiration for UTSA football is commendable; they have a great program on the rise. The Alamo Bowl is an invite game, however, and I am eager to see my Longhorns play the the #10 ranked Ducks in what adds to a growing legacy of this bowl series.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:50 AM

905 posts, read 1,633,316 times
It's going to be a heck of a game! I'm excited!!
Cheers to UT
and Cheers to UTSA!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio