Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:43 PM

11 posts, read 17,250 times

Advertisements

According to a Walmart employee next door, it is a new Sams Club. Plus it was also in the plan for Brooks Development...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 05:46 AM

282 posts, read 341,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAggiemom View Post
Construction on the SAMs on Marshall Road and 281 has been delayed again and again. It is now planned to open in January.
Went by the new Marshall Road and 281 Sams location yesterday and have to say it's going to take an extraordinary effort to get the site and store ready to open even by late January. I wasn't aware they'd had delays but looking at the state and stage of construction I'd gave to say I was surprised how much was left to be done considering how long they've been working on it. Granted we typically don't experience a lot of weather delays around here so I suppose it's possible.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:13 AM

487 posts, read 1,118,001 times
I know. It's been incredibly slow. First I was told it would open by thanksgiving, then Christmas, now January. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything different.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:31 AM

282 posts, read 341,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAggiemom View Post
I know. It's been incredibly slow. First I was told it would open by thanksgiving, then Christmas, now January. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything different.
I typically don't drive that section of 281 much as I just about got clobbered by a dump truck at the Marshall Road light and there have been a number of bad accidents there. They just recently opened Wilderness Oak from Canyon Golf to 281 and we used it for the first time Saturday to go north on 281 and then yesterday to go south bound. Kind of hard to say Sams will make traffic worse but we'll see.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:02 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
I CAN tell you whichever of the two (Sam's/Costco's) decides to make the "jump" into the 1604/Culebra will be VERY HAPPY with the results!!! Santikos theaters coming in, Alamo Ranch and area with incomes above average for SA...AND the fact their ONLY competition is a substandard HEB????!?!?!?! I have NO idea who will bite, but the "bite" will be LETHAL for sure!!!!

We currently ONLY have a Costco membership, but if SAMS Club was to move into the area, that would change in a NY second!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio