Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 11:19 AM

10 posts, read 25,804 times

Advertisements

I need to buy new tires soon and I know both places have really good prices on tires.

I don't have a membership at either place and when i buy the new tires I'm going to get a membership at the same time.

Which club do you guys prefer??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 12:51 PM

181 posts, read 611,697 times
We've had both and prefer Costco. There's also a coupon right now for $70 off 4 Goodwill (I think) tires at Costco through Nov. 14 or right around there, give them a call and they can give you the info over the phone.

We prefer the selection at Costco, but the early hours at Sams are nice.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:55 PM

948 posts, read 1,843,026 times
Costco

Old 11-06-2010, 06:00 PM

923 posts, read 1,503,416 times
Costco. Sam's Club pales in comparison.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:47 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,034,474 times
We have memberships at both, and 99% of purchases are made at the Epic Stronghold of Awesomeness that is CostCo. We only got the Sam's Club membership because my mom really liked some furniture that they had one day.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:27 PM

475 posts, read 1,094,467 times
Discount Tire will often match Costco or Sam's pricing if you ask them.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:13 AM

437 posts, read 903,456 times
Costco is far better!

Old 11-07-2010, 01:24 PM

93 posts, read 358,569 times
I got the best prices on tires at pepboys, and I have memberships at Costco and Sams. All of them- including Discount Tire and Pepboys- have online prices to compare. You don't need a membership to find prices at Sams or Costo. Be sure to factor in membership costs, too!

Old 11-07-2010, 02:46 PM

123 posts, read 288,232 times
pepboys, for real?

my wife took one of our little suvs in there while i was away on a trip. they told her 1100 dollars to change a spark plug.

it was the coil of course and i knew that. fortunately she was smart enough to get the truck back before they did any work.

i told her park it. i bought the part when i got home for 65 bucks and it took every bit of five minutes to install it.

if their tires are competitive, well and good, but i sure aint taking a vehicle there to get worked on.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:44 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,776,153 times
I love Discount Tires. Talk to them, they will deal with you and I've always found them to be more than fair. I'm even more pleased with the service they provide after the sale. They will treat you right,

I made the mistake of buying some Goodyear tires at Wal-Mart once. Never again. I bought the off-road hazard/replacement warranty like I always do, but I just wasted my money. They like to discontinued tires after a year or so and when you present your offroad/replacement warranty, they never have a tire like the one you just bought a year or so before and that is when they stick it to you. To add salt to the wound, they wouldn't even let me watch them measure my tread. The tire was like new, but got a flat in the sidewall, so non-fixable. I could have done just as well if I had no warranty and walked in off the streets and purchased a new tire.

I left and went directly to Discount where I normally buy my tires to begin with. I told the guy my problem, he went out and measured the thread on my ruined tire and showed me the gauge and Walmart had even lied on that! I had only used 2/10ths of my tread, not 3/10th as they claimed.

He sold me a good name brand tire that was twice the tire Walmart quoted me on and sold it to me for less than 1/2 the price! Discount took the old tire in, treated it like it was one they had sold me and that I had the road hazard warranty with them. Oh yes, I love Discount Tire. I'll never buy another tire anywhere else.

I have a Sam's card at present, but thinking of switching to Costco even though it's a little bit higher and further for me to drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio