Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:10 AM

129 posts, read 335,107 times

Advertisements

This is my first year here, and I'd love to get a deal on a laptop at Best Buy.

What time do folks here start to line up at various stores, namely Best Buy and other big name stores that have great deals on Black Friday?

At least the weather here should accommodate me. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 07:01 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
You might want to check on the nerds-r-us forums if you don't get an answer here. Just kidding, I have no idea.

I've never even heard of Black Friday. But I would to get a good deal on a laptop, nerd that I am.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:10 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
As soon as you wake up from your tryptophan-induced nap, head on down. I've never personally experienced Black Friday, but I've seen the news stories and read the police reports. No thanks!

Helmet, check.
Knee pads, check.
Elbow pads, check.
Thick skin, check.

And most important, the plastic. Be brave, young man.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:51 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post

What time do folks here start to line up at various stores, namely Best Buy and other big name stores that have great deals on Black Friday?

Well, since you asked, thought I would throw a WONDERFUL website chocked full of Black Friday sales info and coupons your way! Enjoy!!!!

Black Friday 2007 Thanksgiving Day Black Friday Ads at Black-Friday.net

ps...don't forget the discount codes in the upper left hand corner!

Last edited by Paka; 11-10-2007 at 08:08 AM..

Old 11-11-2007, 06:15 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Well, since you asked, thought I would throw a WONDERFUL website chocked full of Black Friday sales info and coupons your way! Enjoy!!!!

Black Friday 2007 Thanksgiving Day Black Friday Ads at Black-Friday.net

ps...don't forget the discount codes in the upper left hand corner!
welllllll looky here......
Paka, do you think I should share my 'Black Friday' blog post with them???
NAW, just kidding.... it's too long for starters.....

Old 11-11-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post

I got a HP laptop at CostCo, 1.9G processor, 1.98G RAM, 17 " screen*****, built-in wireless, webcam & mike, Windows VISTA, CD/DVD player, LightScribe capability....
I LOVE it!!!!

$899 with in-store coupon..... I will tell you, though, the first one I brought home crashed on the first day; they took it back with no questions though....
Without the coupon, would have still only have been $999...

I know there are other bells and whistles on here I haven't mentioned, mostly because I have no clue what they do, or are, but they just came with it.... LOL

I'm very pleased...... very sleek, fast, easy to use, easy to learn new features, etc....
Got mine within the month I think.... no longer than a month I'd say.... don't have time to pull the invoice and check right now..... ****EDITED TO CORRECT SCREEN SIZE; had originally stated 19 1/2"******

Last edited by PopsGuysRule; 11-11-2007 at 06:44 PM..

Old 11-11-2007, 06:42 PM

Costco - $100 Off HP dv6500t Special Edition 15.4" T7250 2.0GHz 2GB DDR2 160GB HDD

take a look, just one example....

Old 11-12-2007, 08:59 AM

159 posts, read 784,696 times
Default Get Cha Popcorn Ready!!!

Last year I thought Best Buy (410 near Ingram) would have some PS3's on Black Friday so I went at 1pm on Turkey Day and the parking lot was empty. I didnt think I could wait in a line all night not even for a PS3. I went home ate and came back at 3:30pm, there were at least 100 people camped out in the day time. When I saw how I would have looked I knew then I had to wait till x-mas, these black friday shoppers are serious. They will bring there WHOLE family out on Thanksgiving with a tent and portable TV's all for a $2 DVD player or a $5.88 Audiovox Laptop.......God Speed BF shoppers God Speed.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceage007 View Post
Last year I thought Best Buy (410 near Ingram) would have some PS3's on Black Friday so I went at 1pm on Turkey Day and the parking lot was empty. I didnt think I could wait in a line all night not even for a PS3. I went home ate and came back at 3:30pm, there were at least 100 people camped out in the day time. When I saw how I would have looked I knew then I had to wait till x-mas, these black friday shoppers are serious. They will bring there WHOLE family out on Thanksgiving with a tent and portable TV's all for a $2 DVD player or a $5.88 Audiovox Laptop.......God Speed BF shoppers God Speed.
ohhhh yeahhh, Paka, did you hear this??? Maybe I SHOULD post my Black Friday Shopping article.....
nawwwww. don't think the forum would accept such a long post.....

Old 11-12-2007, 04:29 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,437,451 times
Circuit City on Walzem, in windcrest is always our first stop on black friday...you have a very small line, and they still price match. Then denny's on perrin beitel, it's a family tradition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio