Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Bo Bo started this thread Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times

Advertisements

What Black Friday deal are you getting up early for?

I usually stay home and avoid the bedlam, but I think this gift card deal (http://www.santikos.com/blackfriday.php - broken link) from Santikos Theatres might inspire me to get out of the house this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 03:13 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,372 times
That one has my attention!! Wonder how many "limited quantities" they have??

Old 11-24-2010, 03:38 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,721,107 times
I'll be up early and out there, but I am not going after anything. Might not even buy anything. Just gotta go for the experience.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:48 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,763 times
Black Friday at "Mega Mart"

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live//video/Black Friday/1261520 (broken link)

Old 11-24-2010, 03:56 PM

464 posts, read 803,843 times
I plan to stay in my warm, cozy bed, sleep in and not bother with the crowds. If the weather forecast is correct, it'll be quite chilly outside!

Old 11-24-2010, 04:36 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post

Hilarious! Love the lady in the line for the scrapbooking kit, lol.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:48 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,406,200 times
I already purchased my 55-inch LCD 1080p TV (with picture-in-picture) for $898 (before taxes) at Walmart about 3 Saturday's ago when they had pre/early Black Friday deals!

Also, today I purchased a Sony Blu-Ray DVD player at Amazon.com for $99.99. Target, Kmart and Bestbuy are having the SAME PLAYER for the SAME price...but...if you buy from Target or Kmart you'll have to pay local taxes whereas on Amazon there's no tax. In addition, I have a free 1-year Amazon prime membership, so I also get 2-day shipping free through Amazon. However, because of the holidays, I'll have to wait until Tuesday to get the Blu-Ray DVD player from UPS, but its beats all the crowds, time, and tax that I'll have to deal with otherwise.

I also purchased a 3-year Protection Plan (covers all parts and labor) for my 55-inch Vizio TV for $64.00 (tax included) at Squaretrade.com! I used at 40% off coupon code (pre-Black Friday promotion) on Squaretrade's website so that dropped the original 3-year plan from 99.99 to $64.00!!

Woohoo!!!

This friday, I am also going to DSW to get some new tennis shoes and Ross to try to snag some nice Perry Ellis jeans (I got some for 19.99 last time I went) so I am hoping to find some nice clothing deals!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:02 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,506 times
I don't do Black Friday anymore... If I wanted to shop shoulder to shoulder with a large group of insane people rummaging for deals, I'd hit the private sample sales in Manhattan or take my chances at the legendary Century 21. Sure, it's worth it at times to suffer for 'the deal,' but most of what I've seen in preview sales this year seem to be off-brands or models specifically built for this event (ie, much like a lot of what you see these days at outlet stores).

Words of wisdom: Don't worry about purchasing the 'extended warranty' no matter how much they push or discount it. Consumer Reports says it's rarely invoked and usually the major credit card you used to make the purchase carries its own insurance/guaranteed return policy. Read up on your credit card perks before making a wrong- and costly- decision.

Don't let any electronics store gyp you into buying needed 'high speed HDMI' cabling. The Monster-brand cables have been proven time and time again to be snake oil, not faring any better in visual tests with the $10 cables that websites like Monoprice.com offer.

Shop smart. Shop safe

BN

Old 11-24-2010, 06:35 PM

434 posts, read 1,123,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
I don't do Black Friday anymore... If I wanted to shop shoulder to shoulder with a large group of insane people rummaging for deals, I'd hit the private sample sales in Manhattan or take my chances at the legendary Century 21. Sure, it's worth it at times to suffer for 'the deal,' but most of what I've seen in preview sales this year seem to be off-brands or models specifically built for this event (ie, much like a lot of what you see these days at outlet stores).

Words of wisdom: Don't worry about purchasing the 'extended warranty' no matter how much they push or discount it. Consumer Reports says it's rarely invoked and usually the major credit card you used to make the purchase carries its own insurance/guaranteed return policy. Read up on your credit card perks before making a wrong- and costly- decision.

Don't let any electronics store gyp you into buying needed 'high speed HDMI' cabling. The Monster-brand cables have been proven time and time again to be snake oil, not faring any better in visual tests with the $10 cables that websites like Monoprice.com offer.

Shop smart. Shop safe

BN
Solid on that BN ! Agree, Agree, Agree!

Old 11-24-2010, 10:20 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times
The best deal for me is to stay home out the cold and away from the chusma. Those stories of someone getting trampled to death are just sickening. But, but, that $20 dollar deal at Santikos might just get me to change plans. Thanks for the heads up Bowie that is really a fantastic deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio