Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2010, 11:48 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,888 times

Advertisements

Thanks skeet and Mom2Feebs! Will look into those!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 10:33 PM

25 posts, read 56,421 times
Usually in front of garage like about 90% of the community. The big blu goes near lots of canna, you have to be a real HOA snoop with NO REAL job to see it.

Some rich folk have ample space for the cans and more money to eat out so less smelly stuff in the NON air tight can. That's right, put your laptop in one late at night, tell me when and where, look for the light in back henge area, this is a FLY night Club. They check in but well you know they can't find the way back out.

Now here is the problem, my Dad can't deal with these cans very well and if placed behind fence there is now no access through said area. There is no way to put them in garage unless his car was not in there. Yes they have smaller cans for some areas of town

My solution is for us to be allowed to paint them the color of garage door, an auto, house bricks, fence etc. Get the pic. Of course someone would run in to your can and sue you, most likely a lawyer.

Any way the cans really don't have to be those colors which upset the non working people the most.

You can take your laptop out now and maybe stop up those leaks with some styro and glue.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:01 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,789,899 times
lol wut?

Old 09-06-2010, 06:18 AM

4,323 posts, read 7,231,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeaire View Post
Now here is the problem, my Dad can't deal with these cans very well and if placed behind fence there is now no access through said area. There is no way to put them in garage unless his car was not in there. Yes they have smaller cans for some areas of town
Anyone who wants the smaller cans can get them by calling 311. They will come out and swap the large containers for the smaller size. I noticed a few people in my neighborhood who started out with the large containers, ended up getting the smaller ones, instead.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:21 AM

778 posts, read 2,502,958 times
I know we all have different ideas of what makes the perfect home and the perfect neighborhood, but really, how many of us picture in our mind the big covered front porch with rocking chairs, the nicely maintained hedges, the white picket fence, lots of flowers and a couple of colorful garbage cans sitting in the driveway? I really don't see myself driving through a neighborhood looking for my dream home and seeing garbage cans in front of everyone's garage doors as a selling point. "Honey, I love what they've done with the perfectly manicured yard, but what really sets that house apart is the big blue recycle bin."

I know this is a touchy topic for lots of folks who have been suddenly burdened with these huge bins, but seriously, what is the point of all the other things you do to make your house and neighborhood look nice if you are going to finish it off with these bins in front of the house? How hard is it to make the effort to build a lattice cover to keep them out of view?

I keep my recycle bin in the garage - since if you follw the rules for recycling, there should not be anything smelly in there to attract bugs - and I keep my trash bin on the side of the house behind the privacy fence.

I know, once a week I have to actually roll the bin on its wheels out to the street, and it is really, really exhausting to do all that work. Of course, I don't think twice about mowing my yard and weedeating and trimming and such which takes a few hours, but what really sticks out in my mind is that 45 seconds it takes me each week to trek from the inside of my house, all the way to the side of my house, and haul that huge bin full of trash out to the street. Oh my, I break a sweat just thinking about it.

People seriously, I know not every person has the perfect built in solution for these massive bins but deal with it. If you have edlerly or handicapped folks who can't handle the big bins, call 311 and get the smaller ones. If that is too much of a problem, how did they deal with their original garbage cans before? How do they get their yards mowed? How do they handle other day to day issues with owning a home?

No offense to any particular person here - I just don't understand how people will invest so much money in a home only to make it look like trash becasue they can't be bothered with coming up with a workable solution for something so easy.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:47 PM

254 posts, read 548,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeaire View Post
My solution is for us to be allowed to paint them the color of garage door, an auto, house bricks, fence etc. Get the pic. Of course someone would run in to your can and sue you, most likely a lawyer.

Any way the cans really don't have to be those colors which upset the non working people the most.

You can take your laptop out now and maybe stop up those leaks with some styro and glue.
Repped for hilarity!

Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,683,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
I know we all have different ideas of what makes the perfect home and the perfect neighborhood, but really, how many of us picture in our mind the big covered front porch with rocking chairs, the nicely maintained hedges, the white picket fence, lots of flowers and a couple of colorful garbage cans sitting in the driveway? I really don't see myself driving through a neighborhood looking for my dream home and seeing garbage cans in front of everyone's garage doors as a selling point. "Honey, I love what they've done with the perfectly manicured yard, but what really sets that house apart is the big blue recycle bin."

I know this is a touchy topic for lots of folks who have been suddenly burdened with these huge bins, but seriously, what is the point of all the other things you do to make your house and neighborhood look nice if you are going to finish it off with these bins in front of the house? How hard is it to make the effort to build a lattice cover to keep them out of view?

I keep my recycle bin in the garage - since if you follw the rules for recycling, there should not be anything smelly in there to attract bugs - and I keep my trash bin on the side of the house behind the privacy fence.

I know, once a week I have to actually roll the bin on its wheels out to the street, and it is really, really exhausting to do all that work. Of course, I don't think twice about mowing my yard and weedeating and trimming and such which takes a few hours, but what really sticks out in my mind is that 45 seconds it takes me each week to trek from the inside of my house, all the way to the side of my house, and haul that huge bin full of trash out to the street. Oh my, I break a sweat just thinking about it.

People seriously, I know not every person has the perfect built in solution for these massive bins but deal with it. If you have edlerly or handicapped folks who can't handle the big bins, call 311 and get the smaller ones. If that is too much of a problem, how did they deal with their original garbage cans before? How do they get their yards mowed? How do they handle other day to day issues with owning a home?

No offense to any particular person here - I just don't understand how people will invest so much money in a home only to make it look like trash becasue they can't be bothered with coming up with a workable solution for something so easy.
Ha! This, this is great.

Mine is in the garage.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:04 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,045,650 times
I wonder if mine will still be there when I get home or if it has floated away, never to be found....

Old 09-07-2010, 02:40 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,403,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
lol wut?
*chuckles* dang it, I still can't rep you. I swear I've been repping good posts left and right, but I suppose I've just given you too many LOL!

This made me laugh so loud because I was thinking exactly that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post

Awesome post all around, but I really got a giggle out of the bolded red section.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:06 PM

134 posts, read 384,753 times
We started with them in the garage, but in the summer the heat would make the trash stink up the place so we put them behind our fence gate which I like better as it freed up more space for my workshop and I don't notice any stink outdoors unless the lid isn't sealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio