Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 10:29 AM

2 posts, read 4,544 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Sacramento this summer and work at Morse Ave. Kaiser Permanente Hospital. We are looking for places to live in Fair Oaks, Davis, Folsom and Roseville because of the better school systems. Does anybody know which option has the best commute?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 02:51 PM

45 posts, read 192,135 times
Fair Oaks or Rosevill. They're just closer.
From Rosevill you can just hop onto the highway (I-80).
From Fair Oaks I guess you'd take Fair Oaks Blvd and then get on to El Camino Ave to get to the hospital.
If it weren't for the commute, I'd pick Davis. Great town.
Folsom is pretty nice as well.
Either way, all four places are good to live in.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:45 PM

119 posts, read 518,069 times
Of the places you listed, the commute from Fair Oaks is probably the easiest. That said, I think you have better local options than you realise.

I would look at Sierra Oaks, Del Dayo, Willhaggen, Arden Oaks, Del Paso Manor and Arden Park. When you do, I think you will find the schools in those locations as good or better than the schools you are looking at in Folsom, Fair Oaks Roseville or even Davis.

This is a map of schools by test scores. If roll your cursor of a highlighted school it will tell you the name of that school.

California School Performance Maps

You can look up additional information about the schools in Sacramento County here, where you can look information about specific schools in Fair Oaks and Folsom here.

County List of Schools

When you click on a specific school it will bring up a report that looks like this.

2008 Base API School Report - Del Dayo Elementary

if you click on the tab on the right hand side you can bring up demographic information on the average eduational attainment of the parents.

2008 Base API School Report (CA Department of Education)

This is the information for Placer County where you can look up information about the schools in Roseville. You would use the same process as in Sacramento County.

2008 Base API County List of Schools - PLACER County

Lastly you can look up information about the schools in Davis here.

Select Final Report Parameters

Old 06-23-2009, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,544 times
Thank you for the useful advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento