Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will it pass?
Yes 1 25.00%
No 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:03 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times

Advertisements

http://www.communities.saccounty.net/arden-arcade/images/Arden-Arcade.gif (broken link)

So what do you guys think? This thing gonna pass or not? It's hard to really get a feel of if this has a chance of passing or not. I don't know if any real polling that has been done and the sacbee comments seem evenly split in favor and opposed.

I personally rather have sac city annex this area but since that is not going to happen I rather some form of city government form rather the continued status quote of the county serving a huge urban area. I think RC and CH has been better off since they incorporated, as I think Arden will be in 5-10 years time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 12:08 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
The area north of Arden Way needs a lot of help.

The revenues are just not there - especially since so many car dealerships have up and left or went under. Even the Towne & Country area is going downhill fast.

I don't think it will pass, but that whole northern part needs SOMETHING. I don't know if the rich American River Parkway can help them out.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
The area north of Arden Way needs a lot of help.

The revenues are just not there - especially since so many car dealerships have up and left or went under. Even the Towne & Country area is going downhill fast.

I don't think it will pass, but that whole northern part needs SOMETHING. I don't know if the rich American River Parkway can help them out.
What do you propose? The status quo of the county government servicing nearly 700k people spread across the entire county?

Old 10-27-2010, 04:41 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,248,183 times
I dont live there but I hope it fails. I dont need an Arcade cop on every corner handing out tickets like in Citrus Heights.
How exactly will they support a new city in this economy??

Old 11-02-2010, 10:33 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times
{/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaboy View Post
I dont live there but I hope it fails. I dont need an Arcade cop on every corner handing out tickets like in Citrus Heights.
How exactly will they support a new city in this economy??
The same way Citrus Heights did--by revitalizing its malls and other businesses!

Traffic gestapo notwithstanding, Citrus Heights is THE empirical reason why Arden Arcade shuld incorporate. As are Elk Grove and Rancho Cordova. All are better after incorporation than before.

http://land-of-fruits-and-nuts.blogs...en-arcade.html

Last edited by NickB1967; 11-02-2010 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 11-02-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
{/QUOTE]

The same way Citrus Heights did--by revitalizing its malls and other businesses!

Traffic gestapo notwithstanding, Citrus Heights is THE empirical reason why Arden Arcade shuld incorporate. As are Elk Grove and Rancho Cordova. All are better after incorporation than before.

In The Land Of Fruits And Nuts: YES on Measure D--City of Arden Arcade
Congrats for being optimistic Nick. I see you have 1 post here which means you just dropped by to boost the Proposition. Are you one of the creators/backers? Could you enlighten us as to how all this improvement will happen?

Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 PM

Well cityhood goes down in flames. Sacramento county continues to have the largest urbanized county in the country.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 PM

323 posts, read 1,008,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Well cityhood goes down in flames. Sacramento county continues to have the largest urbanized county in the country.

It's time stop messing around and have Sacramento city annex the area, along with unincorporated South Sac.

Quote:
Sacramento county continues to have the largest urbanized county in the country.
No, that would be unincorporated Los Angeles county, which is over 1 million people.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ozo View Post
It's time stop messing around and have Sacramento city annex the area, along with unincorporated South Sac.
Oddly enough, most of the idiots who voted this down DONT want incoporation by the city of Sacramento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ozo View Post
No, that would be unincorporated Los Angeles county, which is over 1 million people.
Yep thats right my bad, sac county is 2nd.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
They dont have the tax base to support a new city. Fulton Ave is losing car dealers and Country Club Plaza isnt exactly "upscale".
The voters over there spoke, and wisely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento