Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 AM

424 posts, read 2,697,231 times

Advertisements

Hwy50foothillsfan,

Another area you might want to check out right now is the Blackstone development in EDH but south of Highway 50. I heard on the news that they are offering about $20,000 in incentives. The development is selling really slowly (like everywhere else!) but looks like it will be nice when it's done. Their Web site is :: Blackstone Eldorado ::.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 04:13 PM

534 posts, read 1,533,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreemer View Post
HWY50 - thanks for the information. We love EDH and hope to get out there soon, but the economy is in such bad shape and we don't have jobs out there right now, jobs in our industries seem to be in the Bay area.

I love the foothills, the Golden Nugget groceries, everything! I can't hear enough about it. Any other tips? Also, what about horse back riding? Places to keep a horse etc? How do you think EDH would be for a liberally minded person?
No place that I know of to keep horses in EDH -but on the fringes, in Latrobe or on the the north side of El Dorado Hills near Rescue/Cameron Park, off Green Valley Rd, or in Cameron Park Estates, there is horse property.

Liberal? I won't mind ya moving up here ...but know that the Republican Central Committee is very very strong up here and influences county politics and politicians...just be forewarned and be prepared to be a frustrated liberal! This is a VERY conservative county.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:59 PM

702 posts, read 2,523,908 times
Hi JustDucky - I appreciate the information. I live in a conservative area now and believe it or not married a Republican . We don't talk politics - didn't process the recent election. Just knew one was happy and one wasn't. Such is life - I think we can all get along.

We do agree on the beautiful views in EDH and I do want to keep on riding and probably buy a horse at some point. We are getting back into the 30s again in Chicago and I am dreading the winter. It's harder and harder to take every year and we hope we can position ourselves to get out there soon. Thanks again for the information and of course I would love to hear more if anyone has more info.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:44 AM

4 posts, read 11,255 times
Question Calidreemer, did you move?

We moved to Naperville IL from California a few months ago. My husband had a good job opportunity here but we consider it relatively short-term and I am already looking for where our next move should be within CA.

We are from the East Bay in CA but I don't really want to go back there... I started looking into EDH and it sounds perfect. CA weather & good schools without East Bay pricetags. So I am curious, did you move there? If not, do you still plan to?

Old 01-01-2009, 10:30 AM

534 posts, read 1,533,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreemer View Post
Hi JustDucky - I appreciate the information. I live in a conservative area now and believe it or not married a Republican . We don't talk politics - didn't process the recent election. Just knew one was happy and one wasn't. Such is life - I think we can all get along.

We do agree on the beautiful views in EDH and I do want to keep on riding and probably buy a horse at some point. We are getting back into the 30s again in Chicago and I am dreading the winter. It's harder and harder to take every year and we hope we can position ourselves to get out there soon. Thanks again for the information and of course I would love to hear more if anyone has more info.
HA! Calidreemer, I too am married to a Republican! But I get more frustrated with County government decisions than I do when he and I talk politics

The coldest you would get in EDH is probably about 30 degrees, and only early morning, it doesn't usually stay that way, the day will warm up to in the 50s, and not for months and months, either (and no snow to blow, at all!). EDH might get snow maybe once every 5 years or so, and then it melts off by the end of the day. When we get a yen for snow, we go grocery shopping at the Safeway in Pollock Pines, only 30 minutes up the hill .

kmilano, there are MANY former East Bayers in EDH, most sold their houses for a big profit and were able to buy houses in EDH. Just be forewarned, EDH is...well....upscale in attitude, shall we say? Not to knock it, but just be aware. If you have kids, and I have no idea what your income is, it's a dog-eat-dog-world amongst the kids as to what clothes you wear and in high school, what car you drive (this I know from personal experience). If you live in lower Serrano, or the older villages, or the new homes on the "wrong" side of the freeway, you won't fit in with some (also from multiple personal experiences). Which if you don't care, well, good! Again, just be forewarned. On the other hand, they have a great Parks department, public swimming pool, rec classes, etc. There is good and bad, and the bad just happens to *sometimes* be attitude. IMHO

Old 01-06-2009, 03:02 PM

29 posts, read 124,736 times
El Dorado Hills is nicer than Folsom, in my view. It's more scenic, laid back, and Folsom, with its relatively greater proportion of commerical services, is just 5 minutes down Hwy 50 -- close enough to be convenient to EDH, yet far enough away that the feel of a relaxed bedroom community is preserved in EDH.

Although exceptions exist (as with anywhere on the planet), I have found the people in both areas generally to be pleasant and friendly.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,788 times
Default thinking of moving to EDH

Hwy50--I'm reassured reading your message, we are considering a move to EDH with our 4 young children from Upstate NY and are looking for good neighborhoods with at least an acre or so, I don't want a small lot with a big house. Any recommendations on neighborhoods and schools would be much appreciated.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:41 PM

406 posts, read 1,592,830 times
You might want to look here for test score information for schools in El Dorado County.

County List of Schools

You may also want to spend some time on this site.

Great Schools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

You can also see a graph of schools by test score here. But you will need to click on the map couple of times before it brings up any data.

California School Performance Maps

You can cross reference that map with a map of craigslist classified listings here. To get an idea of how much a home in near a certain school is going for.

HousingMaps

Here is map of the mls listings, so you can cross reference those listings versus school performance map here.

HotPads - Map Search for Real Estate, Apartments & Houses for Rent, Foreclosures and Homes for Sale

Lastly you can find median family incomes for neighborhoods here. You will need to click on the advanced search theme to pull up the income information. Its based upon census info.

Housing + Transportation : Center for Neighborhood Technology (http://htaindex.cnt.org/map_tool?region=Sacramento--Yolo,%20CA - broken link)

Old 02-12-2009, 12:21 PM

702 posts, read 2,523,908 times
Unfortunately we did not move to EDH. The economy is horrible and everying is up in the air at this time. We are dealing with other issues that prevent us from moving. I hope someday we will enjoy the dream. I was looking at the homes we toured while we were out there this time last year and just drool. Thanks for all the feedback!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento