Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2007, 11:35 PM
ATS ATS started this thread

1 posts, read 2,953 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Doing a google search I was led to this site, seems like everyone has some very useful information. I am hoping some of you can help me. Im a 20yr old that lives with his grandparents in Stockton.

I got accepted to Sac State back in August and will be attending this spring semester (starting Jan. 28). As excited as I am I do not really want to spend all the money renting (a room or apartment) and doing the whole "college life" thing, for right now. It would be more cost effective for me just to find ways of commuting, thing is I do not have a realiable mean of transit (realiable car).

Looking through my options I have found that there is a commuter bus (San Joaquin RTD) that goes from Stockton to Sac. Which is awesome, but there are set times. Getting to Sac fights my class schedule (on all weekdays). However, its the returning bus that doesnt. My last class ends at 4:15pm (Tues & Thurs). And the returning commuter bus begins leaving at 4:29 at a certain location away from campus. Now thats a problem.

Another issue is I just got a job (last Septembter) and I am really happy with my position, not only does it fit my personality but also my major, which is marketing. So I feel that hanging on to this job is important. I dont want to leave from a company with only a 5 month standing. However, this brings me to another problem. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday's are days I dont need to be there all day (all classes before noon). I want to try to get back to Stockton (before 6) so I can at least get some hours of work in. I can surely stay in Sac and wait for the commuter bus (give me some study time).

In all I would like to know some of my other options or if there is someone commuting from Sac or to Stockton or anything. I really want to better my education and want to better myself. Growing up in a pretty destitute family I want to make better from a grim lifestyle. If someone is already commuting from Stockton or nearby to Sac State, please contact me. Id put up the offer of caropooling and all.

Thank you for taking the time to at least read this post. Thank you in advance.

Arwin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2007, 02:38 AM

12 posts, read 51,825 times
You need to take out a loan and get a car. It is a solid investement, and would allow you to commute to your school and keep your job. Otherwise, look around at sac state for rideshares. Or just take out the extra loans and move to sac...so much more jobs available there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: