Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 05:10 PM

409 posts, read 957,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by callieincali View Post
My boyfriend and I are both in our mid 20s and currently live in San Luis Obispo. His job is being transferred to Rancho in January next year (he's going to be working in the old HP building on Data Dr.). I'm having some trouble figuring out a safe place to rent in an active neighborhood. No kids so schools aren't important to us but we do have a dog and a cat so a place with a yard is important. Our budget is around 2k a month max (were living in a 700 sqft house right now for $1750 so very excited to possibly have some more space!). My boyfriend doesn't mind a 20 minute commute, what areas would you guys recommend for us? Any advice is appreciated!
Here's a link to some rentals in Rancho Cordova...not sure how up to date it is but it will give you an idea of what is available. The safe neighborhoods are Stone Creek, Kavala Ranch, Sunridge Park, Anatolia, Capitol Village as well as nearby Gold River.

Rancho Cordova Real Estate & Rancho Cordova CA Homes for Sale - Zillow

Here's a visual on some of the above neighborhoods...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/sacra...o-cordova.html

I wouldn't recommend the older parts of Rancho with the exception of Sunriver. It's one of the safer areas of old Rancho and there is ez access to the American River as well as American River Parkway.

The only apartments worth considering would be the Oak Brook apartments but with the budget mentioned finding a home to rent in a safe area close to Data Drive shouldn't be a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 05:38 PM

457 posts, read 1,183,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callieincali View Post
My boyfriend and I are both in our mid 20s and currently live in San Luis Obispo. His job is being transferred to Rancho in January next year (he's going to be working in the old HP building on Data Dr.). I'm having some trouble figuring out a safe place to rent in an active neighborhood. No kids so schools aren't important to us but we do have a dog and a cat so a place with a yard is important. Our budget is around 2k a month max (were living in a 700 sqft house right now for $1750 so very excited to possibly have some more space!). My boyfriend doesn't mind a 20 minute commute, what areas would you guys recommend for us? Any advice is appreciated!
If I was in your shoes...

I would look at mid town and see if anything fits your criteria and then slowly go east from the city center. Maybe Tahoe Park? East Sac is always nice. I would stay more downtown since you don't have kids. You can always move out to Folsom if the job stays in place or the nicer areas of Rancho Cordova if you really feel the need.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:09 PM

256 posts, read 367,765 times
We live in midtown and my husband commutes to Rancho Cordova. It's about 20 minutes but only if he commutes at off hours. (Light rail + bike adds almost an hour to his commute so he rarely uses it.) Even in heavy traffic, though, it's not a terrible commute.

I think you should look at a bunch of places along Highway 50 -- the areas that will be options for you vary hugely. Lots of people would be happiest in Folsom; we are downtown people and are happiest here in Sacramento.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:38 PM

409 posts, read 957,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeney View Post
We live in midtown and my husband commutes to Rancho Cordova. It's about 20 minutes but only if he commutes at off hours. (Light rail + bike adds almost an hour to his commute so he rarely uses it.) Even in heavy traffic, though, it's not a terrible commute.

I think you should look at a bunch of places along Highway 50 -- the areas that will be options for you vary hugely. Lots of people would be happiest in Folsom; we are downtown people and are happiest here in Sacramento.

Folsom and Midtown the Disneylands of Sacramento

Old 07-17-2013, 09:09 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,848,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u225615 View Post
Folsom and Midtown the Disneylands of Sacramento
Good one!!!!

And lots of people are happy in other areas of Sacto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento