Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 04:27 PM

6 posts, read 18,469 times

Advertisements

Is this a good idea? She is 21 and has two roommates. Thanks for any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 02:44 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,859,826 times
Its not the best area, but not the worst either. I think she'd be ok though.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 AM

6 posts, read 18,469 times
Default Thank you

To Sacramento 916. Very kind and helpful. The dog park down the street is lovely.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:15 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,850,592 times
which apartment complex is it? Is it north or south of Hwy50?
My concern would be that Bradshaw is really close to Mayhew.
I'd suggest that you check out out one of the crime report websites so you can see for yourself.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:35 PM

I found a couple of crime maps to check out:
CrimeView Community Incident Map
Rancho Cordova Police Department
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

I was just in the Bradshaw neighborhood last week for a conference, specifically between Old Placerville Rd & Hwy 50. Lincoln Village borders it on the east sideand is very run down & not safe. I noticed a lot of scary looking dudes loitering around the shopping center where I stopped to get lunch. I also had some idiot with road rage follow me off the freeway, cut in front of me, slam on his breaks, tried to ram into me...I slowed way down & let him go, only to find that he was waiting for me around the corner and attempted to intimidate me again.

The Rosemont neighborhood is further west, and may be a little nicer than Lincoln Village area. It's an older blue collar neighborhood.

I've heard the apartments/homes further east, off International & Data Drive, i.e. Capitol Village are safer and more desirable.

The only dog park I see on the map, is Hagin Park, near the American River, on the north side of Hwy 50, and a nicer neighborhood than south of 50. I see that the apartments all seem to be located on or near Coloma St. I've never heard good things about Coloma St, but perhaps that section is ok. Hopefully, someone who lives in Rancho will comment.

Last edited by Yac; 07-11-2012 at 06:27 AM..

Old 06-23-2012, 01:10 AM

762 posts, read 2,032,274 times
I agree with caligirlz- stay vigilant.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:17 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,312,880 times
There was a triple gang slaying on the 10100 block of Malaga Way in Rancho Cordova. The street seems to be about halfway between Bradshaw Road and the Hagin Dog Park that Caligirlz was refering to. These slaying were also north of Highway 50.

Rancho Cordova triple-slaying trial opens with gang-violence scenario - Crime - The Sacramento Bee

Old 06-25-2012, 06:40 AM

1,176 posts, read 3,182,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I noticed a lot of scary looking dudes loitering around the shopping center where I stopped to get lunch.

I also had some idiot with road rage follow me off the freeway, cut in front of me, slam on his breaks, tried to ram into me...I slowed way down & let him go, only to find that he was waiting for me around the corner and attempted to intimidate me again.
"Scary (sic) looking dudes." They threatened you or just looked scarey? Did you feel the road rage guy was from the area, or perhaps he was from somewhere else, got angry on the freeway, and followed you off the freeway because it's where you went? Road rage, unfortunately, happens lots of places. I've even run into it (figuratively, not literally) overseas.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoi137 View Post
"Scary (sic) looking dudes." They threatened you or just looked scarey? Did you feel the road rage guy was from the area, or perhaps he was from somewhere else, got angry on the freeway, and followed you off the freeway because it's where you went? Road rage, unfortunately, happens lots of places. I've even run into it (figuratively, not literally) overseas.
The scary (gang-banger type) looking dudes were at the shopping center where I got lunch. They were loitering, and scoping out people to hit up for money. They did not fit into the crowd, and were clearly there for other purposes.

The road rage guy was taking the same exit as I was. Once he got in front of me, he slowed down, zigzaged back & forth right in front of me. I let him go. He then waited at the top of the exit before making his turn to see where I was going. Once he saw me in the left turn lane, he turned the same direction as I did (from the far right lane). We both turned at the next light, and when I came around the corner, I found him waiting in a parking lot just past the turn. He was not in a parking space, but had his car facing the entrance to the lot, and had his car running. He was semi-hidden behind some bushes. Once he saw me pass by again, he zoomed out directly at me, I swerved out of the way, slowed down, and he did the zigzag thing again. I turned and he went straight into Lincoln Village. I did not get close enough to see his license plate. I have no idea where he lived, but it was obvious he was familiar with the neighborhood and knew where to wait. I haven't had this happen anywhere else in Sacramento, and I've traveled extensively through the various neighborhoods for work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento