Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 07:25 PM

59 posts, read 133,240 times

Advertisements

Nevada County has been the cause of it's own demise because of it's liberal "tolerance" that everyone should be allowed to do their own thing. After 40 years, they are changing their minds but it may be too late.

Narcotics task force hard-pressed to keep up with complaints | TheUnion.com (http://www.theunion.com/article/20110925/BREAKINGNEWS/110929850/1066&ParentProfile=1053 - broken link)

Grass Valley is an intolerant place to live because of drug related lifestyles and an increasing number of wandering homeless faces in shopping areas (also reported in recent - Union - newspaper stories).

On meth manufacturer gets evicted and the next one moves in and it's a vicious cycle that law enforcement can no longer keep up.

In Nevada City, landlords take advantage of home foreclosures and drug related incomes by charging high rent ($900. - $1,100.) for a one bedroom in town. Some new residents are "green" to the idea that they may never be safe, because there may be no public paid protection from the terrible element that is about to invade the town at harvest time. They once looked like silly dread lock second generation hippies but now the faces belong to the deadly, armed Mexican drug cartel. This could be the year of the turning point.

Not to mention the possibility that the courthouse may be moved out of downtown and cause further legitimate business distress.

Merchants have told me they look forward to the wads of cash at harvest season; so much for learning how to manage tourism. Why bother, when it's all so easy....go ahead on...dudes.. being self destructive and stupid.

Nevada City had 3 public elementary schools; it now has one; there are few real jobs and fewer by the day.

We're seniors and too vulnerable at this stage of our lives for this plague, so we were lucky and got out a few months ago but we grieve. It's such a beautiful environment and being destroyed for no good reason, except that "people everywhere just want to be free" - at the expense of our children.

There still might be enough legitimate money to pay for private militia but you need to get moving quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 07:46 PM

Default Seriously...

these articles all appeared with a few days and each day, there seems to be another story.

Just read the last sentence of this story, if you are not already upset:

Motion to suppress evidence against Damschen denied | TheUnion.com (http://www.theunion.com/article/20110924/NEWS/110929881/1066&ParentProfile=1053 - broken link)

He's out - in the community - in case you don't want to read all of it.

And More:

Group pushes to restrict pot in residential areas | TheUnion.com (http://www.theunion.com/article/20110925/BREAKINGNEWS/110929853/1066/FEATURES&parentprofile=1053 - broken link)

Old 09-25-2011, 08:46 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times
Private militia? Are you advocating paying mercenaries to enforce martial law?

Old 09-25-2011, 10:11 PM

Default Please Pay Attention

I spent a lot of time and research on these posts and don't like you taking something out of context to start an internet argument about how a very serious problem should be solved.

You would be doing a better service for the community, if you would read the newspaper articles, address the issues and discuss your solutions.

I don't like being set up by you; I think you are more intelligent than that and hopefully more concerned. When was the last time you were in Grass Valley or Nevada City?

Old 09-25-2011, 10:59 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,299,161 times
I go up and down Hwy 49 all the time. Nevada City/Grass Valley isn't in any worse condition than most of the towns in the Motherlode.

The problems you are complaining about are common throughout California.

I'm not sure liberal policies are the cause of the problem. Yuba City-Marysville, Red Bluff and Oroville-Palermo are very conservative and have some very big problems with meth and marijuana. If you consider marijuana to be a problem.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:01 AM

660 posts, read 1,081,756 times
goddam kids smokin yer pots git offa my lawn or ima get muh malishaz all in yer bizniz

Old 09-26-2011, 12:11 AM

2,498 posts, read 3,248,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kip60 View Post
Nevada County has been the cause of it's own demise because of it's liberal "tolerance" that everyone should be allowed to do their own thing. After 40 years, they are changing their minds but it may be too late.

Narcotics task force hard-pressed to keep up with complaints | TheUnion.com (http://www.theunion.com/article/20110925/BREAKINGNEWS/110929850/1066&ParentProfile=1053 - broken link)

There still might be enough legitimate money to pay for private militia but you need to get moving quickly.
Why not burn some Jewish businesses and lynch some blacks? That'll teach em, right Kip?

Old 09-26-2011, 07:28 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
According to new FBI report, Nevada City is the 5th worst city in CA for violent crimes (which are murders, rapes, etc not pot busts). And Grass Valley is 17th. I was hoping that this was a mistake, but relatives in the area confirm that it is getting overrun by violent elements from Mexican gangs to meth labs. So sad, hope it gets turned around--I don't think it is about politics as Nevada County has always been purple, even center right sometimes--unless it has changed recently??
Click on arrows to get to Nevada City #5:
Most Dangerous Cities In California: Oakland Tops The List (PHOTOS)

Old 09-26-2011, 02:00 PM

660 posts, read 1,081,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
According to new FBI report, Nevada City is the 5th worst city in CA for violent crimes (which are murders, rapes, etc not pot busts). And Grass Valley is 17th. I was hoping that this was a mistake, but relatives in the area confirm that it is getting overrun by violent elements from Mexican gangs to meth labs. So sad, hope it gets turned around--I don't think it is about politics as Nevada County has always been purple, even center right sometimes--unless it has changed recently??
Click on arrows to get to Nevada City #5:
Most Dangerous Cities In California: Oakland Tops The List (PHOTOS)
sorry but I have a really hard time believing that list when they say that Oroville is more dangerous than Stockton, they called Stockton an "East bay City", and they have not 1 but 2 cities on that top 8 list that didn't record a single murder last year.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:05 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
The second, of course, being Belvedere which had 0 violent crimes period and was included to make the worst cities appear even worse by comparison. I love people who don't believe statistics. Reality Does Not. Conform To My Worldview. Reality Is Wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento