Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 12,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
I was barely paying attention because the movie was so horrible. But I do think I remember a scene where she was changing in the hospital and didn't have a bra on. Can't turn off the male instincts all the time!
HAHA I loved this. The movie was horrible. It was painful to watch although the occassional familiar glimpse of the city was nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 12,275 times
What was the actual location of the Blue Gardenia on Empire?? Was it at the end of the Bay? What is located there now?

Old 02-17-2010, 03:56 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,279 times
This is probably the most popular, largest, and the worst of all Rochester NY crimes

Old 02-17-2010, 05:39 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron4040 View Post
Back in high school we had a kid whose last name was Shawcross, kind of a goofy kid, who claimed that Arthur was his uncle. Not true, of course, just thought it was kind of odd that a kid would claim a serial killer as an uncle. You see Arthur profiled on "most evil", a show on Investigation Discovery.
I saw Alphabet Killer - Eliza Dushku is hot, and the movie was not very good - felt like a made for TV thing. I kept hoping that at the end Cary Elwes would challenge whoever the killer was to a duel "to the pain".
I grew up near Northhampton Park between Brockport and Spencerport. Shawcross dumped a body or two right near there. Scary

Old 02-20-2010, 02:04 PM

1,891 posts, read 3,449,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
This is probably the most popular, largest, and the worst of all Rochester NY crimes
Yeah, pretty much RenSquare would have been even worse.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:24 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,279 times
RenSquare would have been an all out brutal massacre unlike Rochester has ever seen lol. Woulda made Shawcross look like a kindergarten teacher

Old 02-20-2010, 03:13 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times
Rennsquare was never a real possibility. Thank God IMO; because at least the fast ferry could be sold and floated away; that wouldn't really be a feasible option for what was planned for rensquare. Personally I think the fact that private development is picking up downtown lately anyways made the idea behind rennsquare completely pointless anyways.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:33 AM

1 posts, read 12,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb88898 View Post
What was the actual location of the Blue Gardenia on Empire?? Was it at the end of the Bay? What is located there now?
Right next to the boulavard (sp) bar and across the street from the Laurelton fire department. I think there's a bingo hall there now. Same building though... My family has lived right up the street since the 40's. As a kid, I remember that happening. Not sure where Mad Dog got run off the street and into a gunfight with the PD though.

I remember as a kid in the 1970's the mob coming into my dad's resturant on East Port bay (Wolcott) and pushing their muscle around until some local bikers ran them out...

Old 05-08-2010, 05:31 AM

1,891 posts, read 3,449,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtuleas View Post
Right next to the boulavard (sp) bar and across the street from the Laurelton fire department. I think there's a bingo hall there now. Same building though... My family has lived right up the street since the 40's. As a kid, I remember that happening. Not sure where Mad Dog got run off the street and into a gunfight with the PD though.

I remember as a kid in the 1970's the mob coming into my dad's resturant on East Port bay (Wolcott) and pushing their muscle around until some local bikers ran them out...
That's great info.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:41 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtuleas View Post

Yea, I had family that lived in the area. Older aunts and uncles used to tell me that they'd watch the cops chase mobsters from that place through their back yard(they had one of those homes on the old trolley line).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area