Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 05:25 PM

217 posts, read 512,150 times

Advertisements

I have learned how large Rochester is and how much there is to do. Can you recommend an area with great schools and neighborhoods that would put us in the middle of Rochester so we may be within 15 min of each area that offers events etc. Like to be close to everything especially for the kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 06:47 PM

120 posts, read 340,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoerio View Post
I have learned how large Rochester is and how much there is to do. Can you recommend an area with great schools and neighborhoods that would put us in the middle of Rochester so we may be within 15 min of each area that offers events etc. Like to be close to everything especially for the kids.
Brighton, see below for specific area of Brighton.

I am a city resident and parent. I am not a big fan of RCSD (Rocheseter City School District). If your kids are little it might not be too bad. But my personal opinion and where we hope to move within the next year is Brighton. The part of Brighton right off the east side of the city. Either off Winton or Monroe. Reason being it puts you close to expressway and meets your criteria of great schools and being close to everything.

If you "mapquest" Brighton, find where Winton Road, Elmwood Avenue and Monroe Avenue intersect. For point of reference Brighton High School is at 1150 South Winton Road. That's known as Twelve Corners. I would look a mile or two within that intersection. It puts you close to the High School and Middle School as well as the shops in Brighton. I also puts you close to City Limits. For point of reference Brighton High School is at 1150 South Winton Road, Rochester, NY 14618.

Good Luck.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:03 PM

Thank you. From The Brighton area is a nice are and heasrd the border of Watne county with Macedon is a nice are. how long woulds a person have to traxel foer medical care, airport, malls and fun activties for kids and fanm
ily?

Old 12-26-2011, 08:08 PM

which surounding cities around Rohester are in close proxinmity to the best medical care, airports,school, shopping.Family oriented place. Which county is closer and gives more Monroe or Wayne//?

Old 12-26-2011, 08:13 PM

looking for tree line streets with a walk way in front of your homes. with great schools, ports areana, ymca, CIVIL AIR PATROL, community feel. please let me know. Or if you send to a think on Rochester,map

Old 12-28-2011, 12:27 AM

1,214 posts, read 2,324,558 times
Yeah you definitely want the Brighton area, or maybe Irondequoit. Macedon/Wayne County is alright, but its kind of out in the boonies. If you're looking for tree lined streets, stick with the said suburbs or a nice area of the city if your kids are younger than 12. There's a saying around here that everything is 20 minutes away, and it's true. If you stay within Monroe county, you could probably drive to any destination you want within a half an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area