Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt357 View Post
lol "Many parts of ROC have high property values" please list those areas
Quote:
none of those areas have "high property values"
I just looked on Zillow at the houses around the George Eastman house and there are MANY homes assessed for well over $300K. Numerous homes are over $500K and several are over a million bucks. If that's not high property value, then I don't know what is.

Ever feel like we're talking to a broken record?

Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 PM

46 posts, read 144,328 times
I think the weather in Rochester is great. It has the lowest incidence of skin cancer in the country (seriously!). I personally can't believe that people complain so much about the snow. I grew up sledding every day in Cobbs Hill and Ellison Park, can't do that without the Lake Effect snow engine. There is also cross country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating, downhill skiing and other fun winter activities. We even invented our own sport - power sledding. It's similar to knee boarding on a lake, you connect a rope to the back bumper of a 4 wheel drive vehicle and tow sledders around snow filled parking lots...Best time ever!!! The snow also builds character, it wakes you up and lets you know you are alive. On the east coast you don't get the snow, but you get WINTRY MIX, which IMHO is worse. Snow, rain, and then a hard freeze in the same storm. Down south you get ridiculous heat in the summer, in the pacific NW endless rain, in SoCal no seasons or water. No place has perfect weather.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 PM

244 posts, read 417,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I just looked on Zillow at the houses around the George Eastman house and there are MANY homes assessed for well over $300K. Numerous homes are over $500K and several are over a million bucks. If that's not high property value, then I don't know what is.

Ever feel like we're talking to a broken record?

thats one street and most of those "homes" are apartments

Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 PM

18 posts, read 21,895 times
Rochester has bad transportation and low paying jobs for a city. You cant find any homes for sale in CA, NYC, Long Island , Toronto Canada in any part good or bad for cheap even a fixer upper. Rochester NY homes under 50,000.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:13 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,717,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecar View Post
Rochester has bad transportation and low paying jobs for a city. You cant find any homes for sale in CA, NYC, Long Island , Toronto Canada in any part good or bad for cheap even a fixer upper. Rochester NY homes under 50,000.
Funny. I make quite a comfortable living along with a majority of my friends/family. Somebody with a limited education like yours may have problems. But for person who can form a complete sentence and has a degree, it is possible to find a decent job.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 PM

18 posts, read 21,895 times
Name calling love it. Unable to prove my point wrong.Let's talk about Rochesters Homicide rate per capita. Lets talk about the failing school district. Your tax dollars at work you must be proud of your taxes being used correctly. Great idea with the ferry take two on the way.Can't wait until summer let's go to the beach and get mobbed by a group of fighting kids.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecar View Post
Name calling love it. Unable to prove my point wrong.Let's talk about Rochesters Homicide rate per capita. Lets talk about the failing school district. Your tax dollars at work you must be proud of your taxes being used correctly. Great idea with the ferry take two on the way.Can't wait until summer let's go to the beach and get mobbed by a group of fighting kids.
what point? Homicides have been going down compared to previous decades. The school district sucks in the city but the suburbs have some of the better schools in the country. A group of kids fighting once in a blue moon is of no concern and won't stop me from going anywhere. You do realize stuff like this happens anywhere where you have a decent sized population right?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 AM

93,350 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
thats one street and most of those "homes" are apartments
I believe that many are still single family homes too. I'minformed started a thread about this, if I'm not mistaken.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I believe that many are still single family homes too. I'minformed started a thread about this, if I'm not mistaken.
a handful on east ave, but if you go on the side streets between East and university, you have many single family homes.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:39 AM

244 posts, read 417,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post

well u would be wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area