Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,605,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecar View Post
Yes you are correct those that you have mentioned are open after 7 pm. What I was trying to explain is the following. Downtown Rochester at around 7pm seems like a ghost town. Not certain areas that provde night life to the visitors and resident's.
I'm sorry but is that not the case in just about every city in America with the exception of NYC or Vegas? I mean really. Outside of the venues Garmin mentioned and bars and clubs...where else do you expect to see people out and about after work hours in any other city? Downtown Rochester is busiest during the weekday workday hours because that is when there are a lot of people who commute in for work are there and it is generally much quieter at other times outside of entertainment venues. That is the same for any medium sized city's CBD in the country.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:00 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,655,277 times
Ever feel like a broken record or you're beating a dead horse? It's so dead that it died way back in 1992. Until we all say yes ROC sucks and NY sucks these few trolls won't give up. OK it sucks here. Now please leave so the rest of us can enjoy what we've got going on here.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 AM

93,726 posts, read 124,459,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Ever feel like a broken record or you're beating a dead horse? It's so dead that it died way back in 1992. Until we all say yes ROC sucks and NY sucks these few trolls won't give up. OK it sucks here. Now please leave so the rest of us can enjoy what we've got going on here.
Not only that, but given the set up of the city-data forum, any place they think is better can be questioned, as you can get information about them. So, it really doesn't make sense to be a troll on this website/forum.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM

18 posts, read 21,944 times
Now I am a troll. You do not know anything about me nor do I of you. We disagree on an issuse regarding Rochester. If you look back in the time bottle regarding prior posts of the same posters calling me a troll then what would you have been called? We instruct and educate our children to listen to others opions and have a polite coverstion. Not to bully and name call. We can learn a lot from each others experience's. NYS , Fl , The Carolina's , Mid West and CA are not for everyone and neither one is better then the other. It is about what you are looking for. Some say they miss a community feel so they moved back to rochester. Is the community a one that makes fun of others less educated ?

Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Now I am a troll. You do not know anything about me nor do I of you. We disagree on an issuse regarding Rochester. If you look back in the time bottle regarding prior posts of the same posters calling me a troll then what would you have been called? We instruct and educate our children to listen to others opions and have a polite coverstion. Not to bully and name call. We can learn a lot from each others experience's. NYS , Fl , The Carolina's , Mid West and CA are not for everyone and neither one is better then the other. It is about what you are looking for. Some say they miss a community feel so they moved back to rochester. Is the community a one that makes fun of others less educated ?
Why are you so hung up on being educated? No one else brings it up. Yet you do repeatedly. What does education have to do with being happy? I know miserable ivy leaguers and happy farmers who didn't finish middle school.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Because of the comments of misspelled words , bad grammar and run on sentences.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Proofreading would fix a great deal of those issues. The misspelled words have a red squiggly line under them and if you right click on them, a list of options will appear.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,605,648 times
Quote:
Ok, well considering the fact that more than one time the responses to which you are referring were an analyzation of a post saying "your a idiot"...I think that's pretty much a tit for tat situation.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:56 AM

I live right around Albion. Do I live in Rochester?

Old 01-25-2013, 04:11 PM

244 posts, read 418,175 times
Quote:
I live right around Albion. Do I live in Rochester?

no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area