Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 PM

2 posts, read 6,603 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be relocating to Richmond in the near future. I will be working in the Tuckahoe area and have family near Bon Aire. We would like to live in a townhome or condo within 20 -30 minutes of Tuckahoe. We both golf and would like recommendations of reasonably priced courses, and neighborhoods with couples in their 50s and 60s. Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 09:24 AM

111 posts, read 428,968 times
Not sure if you are interested in living within the city limits, but there are many, many condo options available all over the city: Byrd Park, riverfront, Fan District, Church Hill, Jackson Ward, Museum District, Shockoe Bottom/Slip, Financial District, Rocketts Landing, Manchester, etc.

They range in price from $150k to over $1mil. All these areas of town are within or close to your commuting range of Tuckahoe. Numerous golf course encircle the city in Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, and Chesterfield counties.

I live in a condo in Byrd Park and we have all age ranges - young professionals, graduate students, empty nesters, retired. I think the downtown riverfront condo towers are also attracting an age mix.

If you want a more suburban environment, I'm sure there are plenty of townhome options near Tuckahoe and Bon Air. Check Richmond.com / Richmond Virginia / Richmond VA - The Official Online City Portal for real estate listings to give you an idea of the availability. Good luck!

Old 12-05-2007, 10:23 AM

486 posts, read 1,949,456 times
What is your price range? I can give you some recommendations based on that. Just so you know for your searching purposes, there's no "e" on the end of Bon Air. Welcome to Richmond!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,603 times
Thanks for the responses! We are probably better suited for the outskirts rather than in town living. My biggest concern with the move is finding reasonable housing in the $250,000 range. Most of the developments I look at are much higher, especially since we would really like a 2 car garage. Obviously we may need to make some compromises. I am envisioning a quiet neighborhood with either condo/townhomes or small (1,800 sq ft) homes with small yards. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,321 times
Hi,
Our young family is looking at relocating from Holland Michigan to Virginia. Looks like somewhere between Fredricksburg and Richmond? Any suggestions? We are active and like Kayaking, Running Marathons, Gardening, and Playgrounds. (We have small children and a dog.) I like the sound of Short Pump? Any information would be great! My husband and I have lived in the Grand Rapids area all our lives! This is a big deal to us and I am very uncertain about the best places to look. We love Holland and it would be hard to change.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:36 PM

1,799 posts, read 6,318,757 times
Richmond's a great town for kayaking and running. There is the annual Suntrust Richmond Marathon and several other running events throughout the year. The largest is the Monument Avenue 10k which draws over 25,000 a year. Last year Sportsbackers hosted an off-road 10k which seemed very challenging. Check here for more on those events and others! Sports Backers Home Page

Richmond is one of a handful of places around where one can kayak through rapids with the city's skyline as a backdrop. Richmond might be the only city or two in the US where one can hit Class IV rapids while passing by the city's highrises. There's also some great places to the west of town where one could enjoy some challenging kayaking.

Short Pump is a booming suburb of Richmond and with that comes more congestion than typically found elsewhere in the region. Still, you'd have more shopping options than you'll ever need and the schools are good.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:38 AM

2 posts, read 6,321 times
Default Relocating

Thank you for the very helpful information! We are moving within the next week and househunting right now. My husband travels up and down 95 between Fredericksburg and Richmond for his job. We are looking around! Ashland is my size of a town, but we can go bigger to get over there. My husband is over there right now. The rest of us are getting things ready to go in MI.

Thank you again! Area information is rare. I know my husband will enjoy the race info and kayaking is our next adventure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond