Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 01:32 PM

50,893 posts, read 36,586,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
My only advice to people is, eat less. Your body actually will get healthier.

I've been eating more cause I'm stressed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 01:41 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,383,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
You do know, for now at least, you can call in, teleconference, face time, Skype, etc. to determine whether or not you really need to be in the doctor’s office, or they can call a prescription in until this this virus garbage runs its course.

Trump announced it in his press conference yesterday, and the news media is promoting it.

My spring allergies are kicking in and my horses have started their spring shedding - that - means - coughing - sneezing - hacking - horse - hair - up - my - nose.

Wouldn’t that start a riot with the “chicken little the sky is falling” people, if I had to go to the doctor’s office for something - no fever, no aches, but d—-, coughing and sneezing HAS to mean that virus ——

People need to stop panicking and continue on with plain old caution.

To reiterate, if you need the doctor’s services, call in or face time to determine if you really do need to be sitting in the waiting room ————
Sneezing is not a symptom of Covid-19.

Old 03-21-2020, 05:06 PM

2,538 posts, read 1,915,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
My only advice to people is, eat less. Your body actually will get healthier.
No problem. The stress is reducing my appetite. Also, I bought staples, like lentils and beans, so I am actually cooking more in order to use them and I end up with a healthier meal.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:09 PM

7,176 posts, read 4,572,264 times
We canceled all our appointments.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:03 AM

6,777 posts, read 5,498,628 times
My outpatient surgery fir next month is already cancelled. The surgeon himself called me.

If an infection sets in ( the purpose of the surgery...to prevent future infection s like I've gotten fir the last 5 years+), he said to call and he could get me into the office quickly, and then possibly get it approved as "essential" due to infection. However, doing the surgery WITH an infection present presents more difficulty, and an even bigger risk of infection spreading ( ironically like the covid-19 virus!!)

We will see what happens next.

Best Health to all!!

Old 03-26-2020, 09:25 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,320,774 times
I'm still trying to get through to my primary care physician. I just need a damn refill on my regular meds. The phone just rings and rings which leaves me with absolutely no confidence in my medical provider because they say if you have symptoms of Covid19, call your doctor before you go to the hospital.

But, my podiatrist is still answering their phones and is open for business as usual.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:05 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,987,524 times
I had a scare Tuesday morning.

I was walking out to my van when I suddenly felt faint and short of breath. It wasn't an asthma attack, so I guessed it might be my bronchiectasis. Went back in the house, used my nebulizer, coughed up a lot of mucus and felt much much better.

Bronchiectasis is what results when your upper airways are deformed by too many bouts with pneumonia. (No, I had never heard of it before I was diagnosed with it.) I've had pneumonia three times, despite having had the vaccines. The deformed airways generate a lot of mucus, which is expelled by nebulizing and coughing, as well as coughing occasionally all day long. The current high pollen count is not helping.

So glad I solved this on my own without getting medical personnel involved or freaking out and thinking I had the virus.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:24 PM

14,964 posts, read 12,178,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
I'm still trying to get through to my primary care physician. I just need a damn refill on my regular meds. The phone just rings and rings which leaves me with absolutely no confidence in my medical provider because they say if you have symptoms of Covid19, call your doctor before you go to the hospital.

But, my podiatrist is still answering their phones and is open for business as usual.
Does you PCP have a patient portal where you may leave a message?

Old 03-26-2020, 07:28 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,589,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post

I'll just mention Plushcare.com, in case you would like to use it for your prescription refill. And/or wish to try it.

It worked well for me in getting my prescription refills.

https://plushcare.com

Old 03-26-2020, 08:38 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,694,459 times
My 54 yo BIL went to the ER with CV symptoms and more......

Turns out he has meningitis! Not good, but he is doing OK so far.

But it is a very bad time to have something "normal" happen like a heart event, stroke, tumors, etc. etc. etc. -and will be for a long time.

I suspect there will be a higher mortality from some stuff...due to this. Then again, car accidents will be lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement