Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 08:34 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,498,910 times

Advertisements

I'm not one to iron sheets. If I had all cotton sheets and the wrinkles bothered me, I would have to send them out to a laundry service for washings and ironing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2019, 10:08 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
There are sateen and percale in several price points. Percale is not more expensive- just a different weave. You must have only had a choice between brands of different price points.
I only see percale in catalogs, and it is more expensive than the sateen sheets I buy with a 20% off coupon at BB&B. I used to buy sheets at TJ Maxx or Homegoods, but I don’t recall seeing percale. I finally got rid of a set of thick muslin sheets I bought over a decade ago at one of those stores. At one point in my life I owned a house with 4 beds. I was always looking for sheet deals!

You can still find percale at Vermont Countty Store and LL Bean. I think The Company Store also carries them.

Honestly, the sateen sheets I buy at BB&B are good enough for us. If the quality deteriorates, I’ll find another source. But I’m good for now.

Old 12-26-2019, 02:16 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,957,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I only see percale in catalogs, and it is more expensive than the sateen sheets I buy with a 20% off coupon at BB&B. I used to buy sheets at TJ Maxx or Homegoods, but I don’t recall seeing percale. I finally got rid of a set of thick muslin sheets I bought over a decade ago at one of those stores. At one point in my life I owned a house with 4 beds. I was always looking for sheet deals!

You can still find percale at Vermont Countty Store and LL Bean. I think The Company Store also carries them.

Honestly, the sateen sheets I buy at BB&B are good enough for us. If the quality deteriorates, I’ll find another source. But I’m good for now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes-...buy-the-right-

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes-...-vs-linen/amp/

They are less because you have a coupon

Last edited by funisart; 12-26-2019 at 02:34 PM..

Old 12-26-2019, 08:07 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times
100% cotton.

Old 12-26-2019, 08:51 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
I just ordered vintage cotton percale on ebay. They are unopened, still in the package. I still remember the old brand names so I think/hope I know what I'm buying. Was going to do LL Bean but decided to try this first.

Old 12-26-2019, 11:40 PM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Percale or even a nice 60/40 cotton poly blend. My favorite sheets are Pinzon Velvet Flannel from Amazon that I got a decade ago, I can have them on my bed year round but usually default to percale in the summer months.

HATE sateen or microfiber or jersey or normal flannel. Bleah.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
Well, yes. Doesn’t everyone have a BB&B coupon?

Old 12-27-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
100% cotton.
Yes. Buy all cotton. Stay away from microfiber. Also, stay away from poly-cotton.

Old 12-27-2019, 02:04 PM

16,070 posts, read 10,729,796 times
I use wolf's hair sheets mostly for pennance. It's not so much to do with sleeping on the wolf-hair sheets as it is the catching and shearing of the wolves. Wolves don't go for that much. And then there's the weaving once I heal up.

I actually have no idea what kind of sheets are on my bed and I've no complaints from visitors so I guess I'm good. I couldn't sleep one night and thought I'd count the threads to see what my thread count was but that put me to sleep. I never knew there were so many choices in sheets.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I use wolf's hair sheets mostly for pennance. It's not so much to do with sleeping on the wolf-hair sheets as it is the catching and shearing of the wolves. Wolves don't go for that much. And then there's the weaving once I heal up.

I actually have no idea what kind of sheets are on my bed and I've no complaints from visitors so I guess I'm good. I couldn't sleep one night and thought I'd count the threads to see what my thread count was but that put me to sleep. I never knew there were so many choices in sheets.
Well, I would never use wolf hair sheets, because I am highly allergic to wolves. I prefer to do penance sleeping on legos. I am not allergic to them, but I definitely do penance. I sneak my bed legos from my grandkids, and they never miss them. I strew the legos around on my 100% cotton, 600 thread count, smooth percale sheets.
Then I toss and turn all night. There are many ways to do penance. It is easier to catch legos than wolves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement