Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 04:32 PM

6,329 posts, read 4,247,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKrause1 View Post
Prefer to be called by my name and nothing else. My brother in law and his dog were mowed down as they were walking in Woodstock, Illinois. Dog died instantly and my brother in law was airlifted where he had a craniotomy and was placed on feeding tube and ventilator. Both were removed on Saturday (happened on Memorial Day) and he passed. What pisses us all off is that all news accounts referred to him as an "elderly" man. He was 70 and a very in shape 70, I might add. What difference would it make? A little less dead if he was 40 or 50? I think not. A drunk driver hit him in a crosswalk at 2:10 in the afternoon. The fact he was a man walking his "puppy" was missed. Our family will not be the same.

I’m so sorry. Generally I don’t care but being called elderly has Implications in how we are viewed and treated. Seeing a vital active person like your brother in law be described as elderly has to be very jarring.
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement