Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 06:31 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiered7 View Post
You can't be evicted out of your own home, even if you violated the lease. 1. Should've given her a 30 day notice to move, in writing and all spelled out. Not just a text. 2. When the 30 days was up, should've filed for eviction with the court. 3. When that was done and still not out, file for the sheriff to move her belongings, with the court. At this point, you can change the locks.
Yes, this is an older post...

You're wrong in saying that you can't be evicted from your home if you violated the lease....that's the only you can be evicted.

If you allowed someone to move in, and didn't get the landlord's permission and didn't add them to your lease, you most certainly can be evicted once your landlord finds out they are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 06:38 AM

2 posts, read 6,526 times
I feel for you , we have the exact same problem except for OUR "GUEST !!!!!! "
IS A horder and is filling our yard up with crappie, trash ,shopping carts of worthless stuff ,she has 2 young chiauwa she brought without our permission now the female is pregnant.
Oh my god help and she acts just like your guest.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:05 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,972,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyevans518 View Post
I feel for you , we have the exact same problem except for OUR "GUEST !!!!!! "
IS A horder and is filling our yard up with crappie, trash ,shopping carts of worthless stuff ,she has 2 young chiauwa she brought without our permission now the female is pregnant.
Oh my god help and she acts just like your guest.
What are you crying about? Have you told them to leave? If not, maybe looking in the mirror will show you whose enabling the problem to exist!

Old 07-11-2018, 11:29 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
how can she afford a lawyer when she refused to pay you $200?

She is a grifter, a user, someone who takes advantage of "nice guys". She knows what she is doing.. she just found someone she can take advantage of.. someone working the system. she will go onto the next victim once she leaves your house. So sorry for this.

Old 05-27-2019, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 700 times
I am a 75 yr old widow my husband passed 8 yr ago .I live in my home of 42 years on 1202.00 social security .I had a man doing some work on my house and he told me of his family of 4 getting evicted from where they live. Me being a nice person and at the same time needing extra money for food agreed for the 5 of them to rent 2 bedrooms in my home for 500.00 per mo. I got one mo. rent and short on the 2nd mo. now the man is in Jail and she and her kids will not leave ,she said I will never get her out and is very rude ,never speaking to me sneaking in my home after I am in bed and leaving to take her kids to school and she is gone all day ,she has lost her job but probably stays with another son in a nearby town. I have stage 3 kidney failure and other problems ,this is stressing me out to the max..

Old 05-27-2019, 06:30 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,748,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis Hubert View Post
I am a 75 yr old widow my husband passed 8 yr ago .I live in my home of 42 years on 1202.00 social security .I had a man doing some work on my house and he told me of his family of 4 getting evicted from where they live. Me being a nice person and at the same time needing extra money for food agreed for the 5 of them to rent 2 bedrooms in my home for 500.00 per mo. I got one mo. rent and short on the 2nd mo. now the man is in Jail and she and her kids will not leave ,she said I will never get her out and is very rude ,never speaking to me sneaking in my home after I am in bed and leaving to take her kids to school and she is gone all day ,she has lost her job but probably stays with another son in a nearby town. I have stage 3 kidney failure and other problems ,this is stressing me out to the max..
Call child protective services she is abandoning her kids you do not have to take them anywhere and start eviction try to find some help for the elderly in your town or city hall. Tell her to leave or foster care will take her kids away and she will have to leave anyway.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 581 times
I hope your able to get rid of your person I am going through something very similar mine keeps brining people here all hours of the day and nite plus has made a complete mess of my back yard and patio I am at my wits end and don't know what to do thank you and I wish you the best

Old 08-27-2019, 10:26 PM

12 posts, read 10,151 times
I’m in Texas and going through the same thing. My house guest from hell is mentally unstable. She talks to herself loudly saying “everyone going to jail” and talk to her dogs like they are human. When I’m at work it is worst. She screams and hollers and also calls the police for bogus things. My neighbor downstairs called the landlord and they told her to call the cops. Now the landlord knows she’s there along with her dog but haven’t contacted me about the situation. Is it wise to talk to my landlord to get her out or go through the justice of the peace to get her evicted? She was only supposed to stay for a few days and it’s been several weeks. I’m so depressed. I need her out immediately.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:07 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,894,516 times
She is your tenant. You will need to give her proper written notice of termination of tenancy. That's a month in Texas. If she doesn't leave by the deadline you file for eviction.

That being said, if she's violent and abusive and you fear physical assault, you can take out a restraining order which will have her removed more quickly.

Old 08-28-2019, 02:26 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msladyj75 View Post
I’m in Texas and going through the same thing. My house guest from hell is mentally unstable. She talks to herself loudly saying “everyone going to jail” and talk to her dogs like they are human. When I’m at work it is worst. She screams and hollers and also calls the police for bogus things. My neighbor downstairs called the landlord and they told her to call the cops. Now the landlord knows she’s there along with her dog but haven’t contacted me about the situation. Is it wise to talk to my landlord to get her out or go through the justice of the peace to get her evicted? She was only supposed to stay for a few days and it’s been several weeks. I’m so depressed. I need her out immediately.
If she hasnt been there 30 days, i believe you can just have police tresspass her. Especially if they arent paying rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting