Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 02:18 PM

21 posts, read 24,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadlySunset View Post
I I was hired by the trust of this house to fix it up to sell. They are battling legal issues with the bank and are running out of money. Getting it in pretty good condition, we agreed that I live here temporarily as trade for partial payment. A month ago, I hired a friend/acquaintance to work with me at the house. I reimbursed him everything he spent and paid him for his labor. He wasn't very handy and so I told him that I wouldn't be workin with him anymore. He left. Two weeks ago I left for Europe and I just returned to find him here, moved in. I didn't realize it because I was not using the city garbage pick up (dump runs) that he had set up the garbage at the house, but he put it in his name and has connected his own internet service. I tried to get him to leave but he says he has tenant's rights. I looked into it and he does, so it seems. i offered him extra money to leave and he turned me down. He then did something strange, he called the owner (head of the trust) and told her that he was living here and wanted a buy out. I can't believe it! She, of course wants us both gone now. She feels I've violated her trust, by letting this person in the home. That's not it at all and will leave if she demands it of me. The problem is, that even if I leave, he is still here. I feel so responsible, but I don't know what to do. He has never paid rent. What can I do to try and protect my employer and get rid of him?
What an evil scumsucking pos!!! I can think of several things you should do but I will not post these things online.

If I was the owner Id move in and clean my rifles constantly. Call him an evil thieveing piece of scum. Refer to him as Mr Slimebal, Mr Thief, ect. ect. Defend myself if attacked and then get a order of protection, no contact order, and have him eveicted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 02:09 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Invite another houseguest (or 2 or 10) to say and sleep on all available surfaces for a few nights. I really can't fathom having a guest you can't get rid of.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,787 times
i.t 's pretty pathet ic that's Squatters have more rights to my home then I do who paid for it. if I go over there which is next door to where I live I have two properties together I can go to jail be arrested on my own property. they drilled door closed bolted it up so I couldn't get in there to check it out so I can rent it out. and if you don't have the money to pay 2 Tough luck. it's not cheap. it's actually my son and his girlfriend then they had two other couples move in with two children they paid him rent nothing to me I had the electricity on to get it ready to rent out in the meantime he moved out of my house here moved in over there and I can't get him out I will go to jail been on my own property because squatters have rights more than I do who paid for it I did not work for people to go in there and walk on me take advantage of my kindness he lived with me free over here next door to the place he moved in then even ask me just did it while I was at work he had furniture in there from before I couldn't get him to get out I did not know I could invict furniture I thought people would have to be in there or I would have put them out a long time ago. so I have to wait till I come up with the money when they live somewhere else but they still can live there with no electricity the police said its not against the law to live with no electricity it's like I'm a big joke and everybody can walk on me they said you have to evict him only in America right I thought if you left a place 5/6 months you had no right to come back in there. I went in there boxed up all their stuff put it in my shed and locked it I have somebody that wants to move in there but I can't till I get them evicted what do you do when you have no money to evict them you just got on disability what am I supposed to do I am a woman I worked hard I have one place paid off and the other place will be paid off this year I did not do that for people to move in and not pay me I had to have the electricity turned off. the electricity was still on for 3 months after that I called Mr policeman same police officer came out that told me I had to go to the courthouse and have him evicted I did I didn't have enough money $400 at least I just go on disability I can't do it I've worked all my life now I can't work Iwas paying electricity bills because it was in my name I don't need my electricity turned off. my son is 33 years old. it's just pathetic this whole situation I mean it's going to be for my children when I leave but I do need money now and have someone that I know that I can trust move in there. all the doors are off 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom all the doors are off. then she had the nerve to text me and ask what about their deposit I thought you got to be kidding me. I said do you have it wrote down with my handwriting you have a deposit the yard wasn't mowed kept up I had to mow it my lawnmower kept breaking down there's three couples over there half my age not doing anything I had to take all the leaves off of my roof because it was leaking over at my place where I live and the girlfriend said she was taping me blowing leaves off of my roof. now how pathetic is that you think I felt like doing that No it had to be done I was in bad shape after I did that it took me 3 days nobody helped.She can video tape me doing that how low are you. I took her in he had nowhere to go we knew her boyfriend he went to jail she didn't pay me why she was here didn't clean didn't cook I work all day in the hot Sun. this is just mind blowing how everything works. I thought of you too love somewhere been gone that you abandon everything officer says does he get mail I said yeah everybody gets mail out of my mailbox people that don't live here moved out 15 years ago I just don't know what to do I have never seen a woman so evil she calls me nasty names I mean if you don't like me shut up don't call me names nasty names well I've done was help her I help everybody out I let so many people live in my house on my couch because I have nowhere to go don't take my kindness for weakness cuz I'm very strong woman just an older woman help me please for some advice.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:34 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,689,002 times
Quote:
It was a verbal agreement, the house guest agreed to $200 a month. At the time she was on food stamps
An old thread and I haven't read all of the responses but I would just add that if you charge a dead-beat's rate ($200) then you will attract just that... dead beats. Food stamps? That's a tip off right there.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:56 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,240,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreen58 View Post
i.t 's pretty pathet ic that's Squatters have more rights to my home then I do who paid for it. if I go over there which is next door to where I live I have two properties together I can go to jail be arrested on my own property. they drilled door closed bolted it up so I couldn't get in there to check it out so I can rent it out. and if you don't have the money to pay 2 Tough luck. it's not cheap. it's actually my son and his girlfriend then they had two other couples move in with two children they paid him rent nothing to me I had the electricity on to get it ready to rent out in the meantime he moved out of my house here moved in over there and I can't get him out I will go to jail been on my own property because squatters have rights more than I do who paid for it I did not work for people to go in there and walk on me take advantage of my kindness he lived with me free over here next door to the place he moved in then even ask me just did it while I was at work he had furniture in there from before I couldn't get him to get out I did not know I could invict furniture I thought people would have to be in there or I would have put them out a long time ago. so I have to wait till I come up with the money when they live somewhere else but they still can live there with no electricity the police said its not against the law to live with no electricity it's like I'm a big joke and everybody can walk on me they said you have to evict him only in America right I thought if you left a place 5/6 months you had no right to come back in there. I went in there boxed up all their stuff put it in my shed and locked it I have somebody that wants to move in there but I can't till I get them evicted what do you do when you have no money to evict them you just got on disability what am I supposed to do I am a woman I worked hard I have one place paid off and the other place will be paid off this year I did not do that for people to move in and not pay me I had to have the electricity turned off. the electricity was still on for 3 months after that I called Mr policeman same police officer came out that told me I had to go to the courthouse and have him evicted I did I didn't have enough money $400 at least I just go on disability I can't do it I've worked all my life now I can't work Iwas paying electricity bills because it was in my name I don't need my electricity turned off. my son is 33 years old. it's just pathetic this whole situation I mean it's going to be for my children when I leave but I do need money now and have someone that I know that I can trust move in there. all the doors are off 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom all the doors are off. then she had the nerve to text me and ask what about their deposit I thought you got to be kidding me. I said do you have it wrote down with my handwriting you have a deposit the yard wasn't mowed kept up I had to mow it my lawnmower kept breaking down there's three couples over there half my age not doing anything I had to take all the leaves off of my roof because it was leaking over at my place where I live and the girlfriend said she was taping me blowing leaves off of my roof. now how pathetic is that you think I felt like doing that No it had to be done I was in bad shape after I did that it took me 3 days nobody helped.She can video tape me doing that how low are you. I took her in he had nowhere to go we knew her boyfriend he went to jail she didn't pay me why she was here didn't clean didn't cook I work all day in the hot Sun. this is just mind blowing how everything works. I thought of you too love somewhere been gone that you abandon everything officer says does he get mail I said yeah everybody gets mail out of my mailbox people that don't live here moved out 15 years ago I just don't know what to do I have never seen a woman so evil she calls me nasty names I mean if you don't like me shut up don't call me names nasty names well I've done was help her I help everybody out I let so many people live in my house on my couch because I have nowhere to go don't take my kindness for weakness cuz I'm very strong woman just an older woman help me please for some advice.
I certainly didn't read all your post, paragraphs, punctuation, and focus would help, but you are in Florida so read up on the eviction process in Florida. As for cost it is $328.50 from start to finish. You aren't working so you have the time you need to get your head on straight because this seems like the ramblings of an insane person.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:27 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,676,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
I certainly didn't read all your post, paragraphs, punctuation, and focus would help, but you are in Florida so read up on the eviction process in Florida. As for cost it is $328.50 from start to finish. You aren't working so you have the time you need to get your head on straight because this seems like the ramblings of an insane person.
^Seriously...I didn't get past the first word.

Writing conventions are our friend.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:49 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreen58 View Post
Contact Adult Protective Services online As a senior and a disabled person you have many Federal agencies agencies that are there to protect you from this type of abuse.

In my opinion Your son is committing financial abuse, by not paying you rent and by allowing his friends to squat in your home.

Contact APS right away and tell them what you son is putting you through and ask them to help you, make it clear this is your son, who had previously also been living in your home. I put a link below for APS

link below for APS
National Adult Protective Services Association | National Adult Protective Services Association

Also, you can dial from your cell or home phone 211 here is a link http://www.211.org/

This is a national program in the U.S. available to anyone, any age. This number provides volunteers who answer 24/7 they are there to help by giving people resource information, and contact information for the various agencies in your area. All you do is tell them your problem, or what you need...you don't have to know the names of any agencies...they are trained to identify what agency's can help based on your story.
hope this information helps jannd

Last edited by JanND; 01-02-2016 at 03:21 AM..

Old 08-12-2016, 02:15 AM

2 posts, read 2,671 times
I have the same problem .
Renting rooms out to losers in an effort to help someone out.
Now this lodger{ I live in the house with her } doesn't want to pay her " weekly" rent because she's renting a car for uber.
Now she's two weeks behind treating me with I will call the police if you do that ..this.
Today she told me she's not paying and I need to evict her and that she can live here free for months..lol
Everyday is a screaming match..I want her out ...in the past I locked out lodger and removed her positions.
She called the cops who didn't recognize the lodger CA law..I locked the cops out and they left .
What can the police do if I won't let this tenant back in.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:29 AM

2 posts, read 2,671 times
Squatters .
I would lock them out put there stuff outside.
No key of rental agreement..

Old 02-14-2017, 01:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,088 times
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKsilver View Post
She remains gone. Back in the beginning of March we verbally gave her 30 days to find somewhere else. We didn't think we would have to resort to actually start up an eviction. Things weren't THAT bad but still things were uncomfortable. It was at the end or March or near the 30th day (while still avoiding us at home) she left us a note on the stove. It was at this point things became ugly. The note states exactly this:

"I just thought you should know I'm NOT moving out on the 31st. You didn't give me LEAGL NOTICE ( she misspelled Legal like 3 times so she just gave up) and until you do I'm not required to go anywhere. I'm looking for a place and have a job interview Monday I will be gone sooner than later don't worry. Oh and no more packing my stuff - It's against the law. If you continue to I WILL call the police. I was and still am leaving some things for you guys but you don't know what, and may be packing it. I'm staying out of your hair (AKA totally avoiding us) so STOP being mean about this!

We never "packed" her things. We simply placed some of her things that were in my wife's and my bedroom closet, to where all her other stuff was by our front door for the past 7 months. We didn't want her going through my wife's and my stuff to get to hers.

That same day we invited our landlord over to discuss the situation. She advised us to change the locks. We did. We then found out the following day that we weren't supposed to. That's on our landlord. We gave her a written 3 day notice to quit, this included the 30 day eviction notice. And that's also when our guest began to harass my wife and I. She knew we broke the lease by letting someone stay and long as we did. So she used that to her advantage. If she wasn't out after the 3 days notice to quit, my wife and I would be served a 30 day eviction notice. for the remaining 3 days she called my wife and I names to our face and other nonsense. I blatantly ignored her while she yelled in my face. She became so infuriated she started talking to herself it became hysterical and sad at the same time because she was making things up that didn't make sense. While knowing if we said anything back to her she would plant her butt on the couch on the 4th day to purposely get my wife and I evicted.

We stayed quiet and avoided her including locking the bedroom door at night with our cats in there while she was there. Our landlord asked us yesterday if we know where she is. We told her that we didn't know and that her stuff is gone. She legally can still return back up until the 30th of April. But if we're not home, our landlord would have to let her in cause she doesn't have a key. It's not really a great feeling knowing a homeless jobless crazy person can return back to your home at anytime.
Wow ... WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THAT PERSON???? SERIOUSLY! I just have the same situation with squatter as you ve described!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting