Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:58 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,526,576 times

Advertisements

I am lost. I note that some on this board seem to infer that angels are a different kind of soul. I can only explain my confusion by stating my belief: In my belief system, angels are those who serve God, but they are no different from any other soul and were once mortal. What I have read in various threads leads me to believe that some of you believe that angels are created separately and are not like souls who come to this world and live a mortal life. If this is correct, I have two additional questions:

Why did God create two different entities?

If resurrected earth souls are not angels, what do you believe they will do in the next life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 01:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,045,784 times
It's my understanding that angels were never human. I think maybe your confusion is from the commonly used comments to the effect of "He's an angel now" or "I know Mom is with the angels smiling down on me from heaven"...is that it?

People don't become angels and angels were never human, AFAIK. They're not even necessarily pretty or light or mellow. Many angels (according to belief) are guardians and some act like warriors at times.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:15 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,751,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It's my understanding that angels were never human. I think maybe your confusion is from the commonly used comments to the effect of "He's an angel now" or "I know Mom is with the angels smiling down on me from heaven"...is that it?

People don't become angels and angels were never human, AFAIK. They're not even necessarily pretty or light or mellow. Many angels (according to belief) are guardians and some act like warriors at times.
Im gonna agree with JerZ on this one, angels were never mortal, we will never be angels. Except to our mothers of course

Old 06-07-2007, 01:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,045,784 times
Here you go. Good old Wiki. Scroll down to the Jewish part. It describes angels as having been created by God and not having free will.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:19 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,583,220 times
Angels in the bible are God's messengers and warriors as well as his helpers. There is no evidence that any of them were ever mortal.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:30 PM

23,024 posts, read 34,415,966 times
Angels are messengers, that is what angel means. They worship God in Rev 4
They rejoice when a sinner repents Luke 15:10, they encouraged and ministered to Jesus Matt 4:11. They are not to be worshiped Col 2:18
God created angles. The only way an angle has ever come into existence is by God creating them. People are born, angels are created Matt 22:30.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:42 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,751,030 times
good Christian book about angels and demons if you like to read, I think anyway. This Present Darkness - Google Book Search

Old 08-20-2007, 03:08 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,891,768 times
"I am lost. I note that some on this board seem to infer that angels are a different kind of soul."
A: They are different

"I can only explain my confusion by stating my belief: In my belief system, angels are those who serve God,"
A: Correct. They are called "ministering spirits" in the Bible...they do indeed serve God

"but they are no different from any other soul and were once mortal."
A: NOWHERE in the Bible does it say they were once mortal, or that they were ever once human beings as we are, or that they are the same as us....

"What I have read in various threads leads me to believe that some of you believe that angels are created separately and are not like souls who come to this world and live a mortal life."
A: Correct

"If this is correct, I have two additional questions:

Why did God create two different entities?"
A: The angels are ministering spirits. (1) They minister to God in song and worship, and to do His bidding concerning those of us here on earth (2) they minister to Christians, heirs to the Kingdom of God by the gift of Jesus Christ. The ministration to humans can take the form of healings, helps, direct intercession to save one from imminent danger, doing God's instruction to answer a prayer, etc.

"If resurrected earth souls are not angels, what do you believe they will do in the next life?"
A: We do not become angels. We will serve God in MANY different ways in the next life....way too numerous to elaborate here....but I seriously doubt we'll be sitting around on a pink cloud strumming a harp for eternity and doing nothing. I, for one, am not interested in "doing nothing" for eternity...I want God to tell me to DO SOMETHING! Phooey with eternal rest....gimmee a job to do! The Bible doesn't say specifically what we will be doing, but it certainly will be ANYTHING but boring! Angels will continue to serve God, at His direction...as they have for eons of time...no change there.

That's how I understand it...if I'm wrong on any point I'm sure someone will chime in to straighten me out...

Bud

Old 08-20-2007, 03:12 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,913,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Angels are messengers, that is what angel means. They worship God in Rev 4
They rejoice when a sinner repents Luke 15:10, they encouraged and ministered to Jesus Matt 4:11. They are not to be worshiped Col 2:18
God created angles. The only way an angle has ever come into existence is by God creating them. People are born, angels are created Matt 22:30.
I agree!

BUT I ALSO LOVE THE ANAHEIM (LOS ANGELES) ANGELS TOO!!!

Old 11-10-2019, 01:56 PM

1,378 posts, read 394,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantL View Post
I am lost. I note that some on this board seem to infer that angels are a different kind of soul. I can only explain my confusion by stating my belief: In my belief system, angels are those who serve God, but they are no different from any other soul and were once mortal. What I have read in various threads leads me to believe that some of you believe that angels are created separately and are not like souls who come to this world and live a mortal life. If this is correct, I have two additional questions:

Why did God create two different entities?

If resurrected earth souls are not angels, what do you believe they will do in the next life?
Many times The Angel of God appears & it says it is God. It takes me to Heaven where all the other Angels are flying around & God gives me wings & I start flying around also. Flying is such fun that it is one of the main things Angels do. Just like surfers can spend their lives riding on waves & be quite satisfied.

When Angels come to earth to do God's Will They usually say They have to watch out for The Beast of Satan which will attack Them if They attract its attention. I have seen beautiful Angels ripped to shreds by Satan's Beasts. I will never forget Their Screams. I was right next to Them.

I've read a lot of reports where people met Angels & were told that after death they too would be an Angel & spend their lives serving God. They are sometimes told that their duties for God will involve carrying souls from the earth & back.

So i've found that Some Angels are "GOD", & some are ordinary people's souls. They have not all lived lives on earth yet, i have noticed. Others say they have lived lives here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality