Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 01:16 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,807,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkwhisper View Post
Notice dear readers that the skeptics ignored my statement that there are no two-celled, three-celled, four-celled, five-celled, organisms in the world and that all 6 to 20-celled organisms are parasites. That being so how could evolution possibly occur on this planet?

The problem with the number of animals on the ark is not a problem at all. But the above mentioned fact IS a monumental problem for evolution.

They didn't answer this dilemma.

That's because they can't.
All life evolved from one creature. Isn't that what evolution is about? Some random collection of DNA--wherever that came from--formed something alive in some fashion [though we haven't been able to create life from scratch yet] and started reproducing and evolving into all other animals that exist today...and even some that no longer exist.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,877,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If a tree falls in the forest...
...does it make a sound? That depends in which field of study that sound is defined. In Physics, yes. In Psychology, no.

Quote:
Time is an artificial construct of man. As is distance. An attempt to comprehend the incomprehensible...it's almost a human need to categorize and measure things.
Indeed, the measuring of those dimensions is a construct of man. Man's presence is irrelevent to it's existance.

Quote:
And yes, I think you might have misunderstood.
I believe it was your sentence struture in that initial post to which I responded. Writing complete sentences would help.

Quote:
If life evolved, it is not necessarily the case that it existed on land, since water comprises so much of our planet.
But life existed on land as well, and subsequently evolved.

Last edited by PanTerra; 02-01-2010 at 05:55 PM..

Old 02-01-2010, 05:31 PM

218 posts, read 398,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
The story of Noah's Ark is just an allegory..a fable to illustrate how God wiped the planet of sin, and gave it a fresh start. Seems to me we're due for another one.
Humans and dinosauers were not on the planet at the same time.

The story of Noah's Ark is just an allegory...

No, it was NOT an allegory. Jesus said so. He did not lie.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:34 PM

218 posts, read 398,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
All life evolved from one creature. Isn't that what evolution is about? Some random collection of DNA--wherever that came from--formed something alive in some fashion [though we haven't been able to create life from scratch yet] and started reproducing and evolving into all other animals that exist today...and even some that no longer exist.
Did you read what I said? Check it out for yourself. Almost any biology book will tell you that there are NO two-celled, three-celled, four-celled, or five-celled organisms in the entire world. All 6-celled to 20-celled organisms are parasites.

So how could evolution function with those circumstances?

Answer:It couldn't even get started in the first place.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:09 PM

33,639 posts, read 37,332,281 times
Quote:
Did you read what I said? Check it out for yourself. Almost any biology book will tell you that there are NO two-celled, three-celled, four-celled, or five-celled organisms in the entire world. All 6-celled to 20-celled organisms are parasites.

So how do you explain away all the evidence for evolution?

Earth's first life appeared early in the planet's history, nearly 4 billion years ago, when primitive bacteria appeared in sulfurous oceans under poisonous skies.
Full of carbon dioxide and nitrogen, with some additional hydrogen, water vapor, and perhaps a bit of methane, it would be billions of years before the air would be acceptable to today's oxygen breathers....And we all have bacteria to thank.

It was bacteria that gave life its initial foothold, and it was bacteria by the trillions that engineered the planet for our use, taking in carbon dioxide and giving off oxygen, day in and day out for billions of years until there was enough oxygen in the atmosphere to support larger life.

The history of life on Earth is largely microbial. For vast stretches of time, bacteria and other single-celled organisms were the only life on Earth. The age of the dinosaurs to the present day, Knoll said, represents roughly 5 percent of the history of life. Harvard Gazette: History of life on Earth is largely microbial

Embryos of relatively advanced animals, together with plants similar to modern seaweeds, have been found in rocks almost 600 million years old by Harvard scientists. 600-Million-Year-Old Embryos Found

Other that the fact that dinos were long dead and could not have been alive, since the ark story supposedly happened 4,200 years ago and could only be a story, as the whole thing has too many impossibilities to be fact.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:35 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,168,487 times
Kirk (or should I call you Calypsis4?), why are you on here regurgitating the same creationist tripe that has been refuted time and time again? Getting your a$$ handed to you over on the Evolution vs Creation Forums a few months back wasn't enough for you?

EvC Forum: The Flood, fossils, & the geologic evidence

Same photos, same lame arguments, same end result - you getting schooled and leaving in shame.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:39 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,168,487 times
Quote:
The story of Noah's Ark is just an allegory...

No, it was NOT an allegory. Jesus said so. He did not lie.
Nope. Pretty much everything Jesus said WAS an allegory.

CH102.2.1: Jesus's literalism

Regardless, if Jesus was a real person (debatable), he like all other men of that time knew nothing about true nature of the world, about geology and the total lack of evidence for a global flood.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,136,510 times
Quote:

Your "answer" is completely wrong because you've misunderstood the mechanism. You think it goes 1,2,3,4, etc.

My roomate is a microbiologist with a major food corporation in Minneapolis. She says multi-celled creatures can easily evolve from one-celled organisms. In a nutshell (and somewhat simplisticly), what is critical is not the number of cells, but the communication among them. Usually proteins are involved. Single-celled creatures form colonies that can communicate with each other. If there is no evolutionary advantage to having two cells, there will be no two-celled creatures. Colonies DO form and individual cells become specialized.

The principles of evolutionary biology are used every day in the laboratories of companies like General Mills, Cargill, Kraft, General Food, etc... Roughly 15,000 new food products are put on the market every year utilizing what we've learned in microbiology. If you don't believe in evolution, you might want to stop believing in chocolate yogurt, because without evolution chocolate yogurt wouldn't exist.

Last edited by Astron1000; 02-01-2010 at 10:13 PM..

Old 02-02-2010, 01:26 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,719,994 times
When I pointed out on another thread, that as an engineer, I found it difficult to believe that there were dinosaurs on the ark given their size & the amount of food needed.
In a post on the same thread, a creationist nit-wit explained that of course Noah never had fully grown dinosaurs on the Ark, he had taken their eggs instead because they took up less room.
And I suppose Mrs Noah sat on them & until they had hatched & then wet nursed them.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:23 AM

50,148 posts, read 20,955,943 times
Quote:
Notice dear readers that the skeptics ignored my statement that there are no two-celled, three-celled, four-celled, five-celled, organisms in the world and that all 6 to 20-celled organisms are parasites. That being so how could evolution possibly occur on this planet?

The problem with the number of animals on the ark is not a problem at all. But the above mentioned fact IS a monumental problem for evolution.

They didn't answer this dilemma.

That's because they can't.
I certainly can't, but your point is not so much a disproving o evolution as a question about it. there is really so much evidence that evolution is fact an natural selection is the mechanism for how life developed that the question about why we don't have four - celled organisms and why the 6-20 celled ones are parasites is an interesting question that yet needs to be answered. It does not make even make a dent in evolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality