Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 01:26 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,666,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Unfortunately? I think it's great if it did happen.
Are we interupreting this the same way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 01:54 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,619,641 times
There sure are alot of us here from Arizona. There's alot of goofy bumper stickers that cover every topic you can think of and I know I wouldn't turn my vehicle into a traveling billboard. I always thought one of the sappiest ones was the one that is alerting other drivers in the vicinity that this vehicle may suddenly veer out of control because the driver has just been whisked off to heaven in the rapture. I forget the exact wording but you've probably seen them. I don't think I've seen one that tops that one.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:02 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,665,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Are we interupreting this the same way?
I guess not. The woman was called on her behaviors. She was acting like an bully...and was treated as such. I think that is a good thing.

I have never understood why someone thinks that if they claim to be Christian they are excused form behaving.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
There sure are alot of us here from Arizona. There's alot of goofy bumper stickers that cover every topic you can think of and I know I wouldn't turn my vehicle into a traveling billboard. I always thought one of the sappiest ones was the one that is alerting other drivers in the vicinity that this vehicle may suddenly veer out of control because the driver has just been whisked off to heaven in the rapture. I forget the exact wording but you've probably seen them. I don't think I've seen one that tops that one.
"In case of rapture, this vehicle will be unmanned" is the standard one I see.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:12 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,666,149 times
Quote:
I guess not. The woman was called on her behaviors. She was acting like an bully...and was treated as such. I think that is a good thing.

I have never understood why someone thinks that if they claim to be Christian they are excused form behaving.
And I was saying that it is unfortunant that this woman was acting so ugly to begin with. thus the bad thing.

We were both thinking the same thing, just went about it a bit differently.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
And I was saying that it is unfortunant that this woman was acting so ugly to begin with. thus the bad thing.

We were both thinking the same thing, just went about it a bit differently.
Ah....okay....so you were looking at the cause, any I was looking at the effect....but both saying the same thing.

Whew...that was a close one! LOL!

Old 05-20-2007, 02:28 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,162,378 times
Thanks for the replies! You guys crack me up! LOL

Unfortunately this happens anywhere. I'm just getting tired of it and just about lost it the other day. That's where the idea of calling the church came up.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:36 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,162,378 times
Quote:
Around here the worst drives have little schools of 'jesus fish' on the back. There is some large christian music performance in June being HEAVILY advertised with bumper stickers as well, and I have been almost hit, cut off, rear-ended and side-swiped by many of the people with this dude's picture on the back.

It's just standard hyprocrity. They think they are better then everyone else, so the rules for everyone don't apply to them.

If anything....use the stickers like flashing 'warning' sticker.
Well, that's where I'm at now!

On a side note- I have been wanting to advertise my business on my car, either with the big magnets or with just my web address on the back window, but I don't because of those moments that I get angry with crazy drivers or whatever. I do have my moments too, but I don't put others in harms way (I more or less let people know that I didn't like what they did - without being shot of course ). But I don't want to be called on my phone or anything about it. I have been followed several times in the past and those were times when I actually didn't do anything.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:22 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,788 times
The OP is indicitive of any person that has a driver's license. Christian or not people make mistakes, are stupid and oblivious on the road. We have all done something or many stupid things while driving. I don't think it's fair to say Christians are hypocritical because we drive like we do. Yes Christians are held to a higher standard by God and by society, but to think we're awful people because of that is just ludicrious.

I had a fish symbol on the back of my first car and did it because I thought it was cool and many of my friends had one too. Now I choose not to have one on my car for the exact reason this thread was created. I make mistakes on the road and I do get upset on the road too. So I don't want people thinking bad things about Christ or the church.

IMO people will look for any excuse to call Christians hypocritical. They'll use any excuse to say negative things about Christians. So it doesn't matter if you have a fish on the back of your car or not, or a bumper sticker like salababy mentioned; Christians are destined to be picked out of the bunch to complain about.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:51 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
I've got a new Monte Carlo. Anybody wanna race. It is so fun to be the first one to GO on that green light. If you see a little white GMC truck with a front license plate with the name of a local church on it. Thats my hubby. He drives real slow in the right hand lane and blows his horn at all the other cars and trucks that sport anything religious on them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality