Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 01:37 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
How do we experience things? Through our senses: sight, smell, taste, touch, and sound. If something is supernatural, it is defined as "existing or occurring outside the normal experience or knowledge of man". How can anyone claim that something outside of their knowledge or experience does/doesn't exist? How can you have knowledge about something defined specifically as being "outside the knowledge of man"?

You are just attributing something you can't explain to something (spirits) that you have no proof of.

Delayed response, but that is flawed logic at it's silliest. You said "supernatural" is defined by something "existing or occurring outside the normal experience or knowledge of man". That means something that happens which is not part of normal human experience, not that it isn't experiencable. A journey to the moon isn't part of the "normal human experience" either but it obviously happened.

That said, I've come a long way in my personal research since I posted this stuff a couple years ago. I saw what I saw, but I can no longer honestly interpret what I saw as the disembodied soul of a dead person. Yes, it was very weird.. but not conclusive and I haven't seen a strange thing in my house for the last couple of years to shed any more light on the subject. All my experiences just made for more questions than answers.

What I can say with a great deal of assurance is that we know very little about what is really out there. Our abilities of perception are limited and our assumptions of our world are just that... assumptions that simply seem to hold true most of the time. There is much to learn and we are a long way from knowing it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 01:51 PM

56 posts, read 78,410 times
as a muslim i believe in Jin ( or you might call them ghosts? i don't know )

but if it's only?

man that's nothing

you might want try see this video ?

YouTube - SHOCKING JIN GHOST VIDEO!!!!!! exorcism in ISLAM!!!!!!!!

p.s : only for +21 and those who don't have heart attakcs xD

( It's not so scary. but i can't say all ppl will find it that way )

Old 09-10-2010, 05:12 AM

476 posts, read 1,297,190 times
At what point do you see the ghost? I only made it through the first few minutes.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:14 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,746,461 times
I watched the entire thing. All I saw was a guy rolling around on the ground yelling while someone else reads scripture.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:42 PM

56 posts, read 78,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I watched the entire thing. All I saw was a guy rolling around on the ground yelling while someone else reads scripture.
wow,, you think you'll see the ghost moving around you ? lol ( i don't believe in those types of ghosts )

well, i advice to just ignore this because i doubt you'll understand my post lol

well i can't explain it to you that well

as far as i know

the Jin take over control of the body of human for some reason

i only know that my mother had Jin in her and told me stories ( when she got headache -like she'll explode - or see her family with strange forms and animal parts )

it was a Jin that entered her body because she spelled a hot water on his head and he got angry

the Imam do certain things to those who got Jin in them ( i don't know what because i didn't search )

then after time the Jin speak and tell the Imam why he entered this body and what he want to be done to get out of that body

i heard a lot of stories about people i know but never seen one done in front of me

=========================

Old 10-15-2011, 08:49 PM

3 posts, read 2,821 times
well, there is a way to figure this crap out call a ghost examiner or something im pretty sure its nothing at all i know what u are going through . cause my door shuts by itself to , the only way 2 get a door 2 open is bye u know opening it search through youtube and stuff like dat im pretty sure itll help dont worry at all , its also halloween aswell so u never know if ur getting pranked or if its just the wind go online to [url=http://www.help]Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more[/url] me with my house.com im pretty sure ull find something very helpful there its very spooky but sumtimes what i do is put up cameras at night to know whats going on , try fixing ur door things can happen that are spooky also talk to a nextdoor neighbor to list the facts if hes seeing something aswell , try door cealer to well hope this helps

Old 07-31-2013, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Tell him how you explain it scientifically.
Someone didn't get the poin of the video

Old 08-02-2013, 07:27 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,085,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Well doors don't open and close by themselves. Either someone opened them, which you say no one did, then you have spirits. The question is do you believe in spirits or not? If you do then you know, no one did it, so leaves the other option. It is up to you to decide which one you want to believe.
Why would a spirit of ghost have to open a door? I thought it was believed they could pass through walls etc.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:42 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,920,995 times
Default O.M.G! (Pssst: take time to logic things out. You may be surprised!)

Foolish me! And I thought we hominids had perhaps culturally evolved (small "e", btw..) beyond this sort of vastly uneducated, wildly brainwashed nonsense! Obviously not!

I go back to my ever-more apparent hypothesis (it's rapidly approaching a proven theory...) tat there are indeed two sub-species of humans: those who cling to such silly stuff, purposefully and without ever questioning any of it) and...

those of us who, as naturally curious and open-minded individuals, seek out the truth, and dismiss all such ancient old-time mythologies.

It's obviously also a matter of fighting off the nagging fear of death and the post-death unknown.

Btw, I have a door in our house that randomly closes when someone walks by it, but not all the time. How odd, huh? So, ahem....I decided to scientifically & logically figure it out rather than fall to my knees in supplication to The Door God.

It turns out it's a function of room temperature, the weight of the passer-by and how long it takes that individual to pass by. If it's warm in the house due to summer weather or having the furnace heat on in the winter, and a heavier person like me (unlike, for example, my wife or even lighter daughter or son) walks on by, it will indeed slowly swing shut.

But if I'm hurrying by, and my transient weight doesn't have enough time to alter the floorboard dynamics,or it's cold in the house, it may start to swing closed, but then will not finish closing!

Imagine! Science, not sorcery, to the rescue again!

Wow, huh? And here it could have been a Godly demo all along, (or.... OMG #2: It be Satan, playing with out heads?) when God was bored silly watching us humans frantically praising Him and His ongoing magic show!

("Yeah man! Lookee here!! I'll just make a few doors swing shut and they will all lap it up, with appropriate renewed admiration for me! Hee hee...")

Old 08-03-2013, 05:34 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,823,342 times
Someone has foundation issues. I had that problem until I called DuWest Foundation Repair. Now all my doors open and close like they are supposed to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality