Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:06 PM

47,070 posts, read 26,188,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baront70 View Post
God is not a drill sergeant he is an entity that requires a system in order to live with him.
So do drill sergeants, truth be told. But I was referring to the entire "setting people up to fail" concept. If God hardens my heart against him (and he's all-powerful, so he can harden it pretty well), only to judge me for having a hardened heart - that's just like the sarge busting me for having an untidy locker after ordering 5 changes of uniform in 20 minutes.

Quote:
Do you believe that life ust happened and that you walk out and see the sun all vegetation the air that you breath just Happened????
"Just happened" is a bit of an oversimplification, isn't it? We've been looking to piece events together, there's a lot of missing pieces, some things we'll probably never know. But there's no indication of a Flood, for instance.

Quote:
What is even stranger you will believe that some how we came from monkeys
Monkeys and we have a common ancestor. Not the same thing.

Quote:
which has no foundation and is totally absurd rather then to believe that there is a supreme power that has created all this and is very detailed in his thinking.
Here's an interesting detail. Humans can't synthesize vitamin C. We actually have the gene for it, but it's broken. Another detail? No simians (monkeys and apes, including humans) can synthesize vitamin C. They, too, have the broken gene. And it's broken in the exact same way. Exactly like we'd expect, if we inherited genetic material from a shared ancestor. Science is cool.

Now, why would a creator set it up like that? Having all members of an entire suborder of primate share a gene, sure. But making them all share a broken gene? That's not being detailed in your thinking.

(Incidentally, guinea pigs can't synthesize vitamin C, either. They have a broken gene, as well. Only it's broken in a different way.)

Quote:
This is why I believe that God has hardened your hearts (thinking part of the mind.
Then I'm carrying out God's will, so what's the problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 11:10 AM

205 posts, read 240,076 times
Why is it so ironic to believe in a supreme being ????

Old 10-09-2009, 11:40 AM

Human are designed to live forever along with the perfect environment all that has changed because of the fall of Adam and Eve. Yes there is documented proof of the flood. Every piece of History has came true from the Bible which you people think is just a fantasy or fairy tale. Yes God can judge you because of his perfection and your imperfection. He came down here as human to save you from his self you don't have to work for it or give money or be involved in some group just believe that he came here and was sacrificed for your sins and whalah you are saved forever!!!! I don't know why you people have to analize that. After all we got a president that get a Pulitzer prize just for putting an unrealistic plan together not that it works mind you. Putting us further in debt and taking our freedoms away and taking charge of industries and kissing butts with the terrorist, turning our nation into big big government and tiny tiny people.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:26 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,911,171 times
Quote:
Yes there is documented proof of the flood.
Well I'm sure we would all love to see it. Care to produce it?

Quote:
Every piece of History has came true from the Bible......
Such as?

Old 10-09-2009, 10:17 PM

okay here is proof go here

The Flood
In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood - index.html

Old 10-09-2009, 10:21 PM

33,631 posts, read 37,285,529 times
Quote:
Yeah right...These sites are not proof and have no evidence at all...We all know their main occupation is lying for god/jesus.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:57 PM

212 posts, read 574,636 times
Quote:
Human are designed to live forever along with the perfect environment all that has changed because of the fall of Adam and Eve. Yes there is documented proof of the flood. Every piece of History has came true from the Bible which you people think is just a fantasy or fairy tale. Yes God can judge you because of his perfection and your imperfection. He came down here as human to save you from his self you don't have to work for it or give money or be involved in some group just believe that he came here and was sacrificed for your sins and whalah you are saved forever!!!! I don't know why you people have to analize that. After all we got a president that get a Pulitzer prize just for putting an unrealistic plan together not that it works mind you. Putting us further in debt and taking our freedoms away and taking charge of industries and kissing butts with the terrorist, turning our nation into big big government and tiny tiny people.
So what freedoms have you lost and exactly how much was the deficit 9 months ago or 8years ago, also I thought xians did not believe in murder, slander, or lying. You say we are turning into tiny people, I thought xians did not worry about worldly things like that, and instead be happy that we are going broke trying to help people get adequate health care.
Thank you for wanting the worst for this country xian
People like you are the reason I did not reenlist.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:36 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,911,171 times
Quote:
Yeah! Walt Brown....a mechanical engineer who knows more about it than all those accredited and qualified scientists. He couldn't even get a publisher to accept his book of nonsense and had to publish it himself. Even other creationist organisations have criticised his nonsense. He ranks with the likes of Kent Hovind and John Woodmorappe on this matter i.e a joke! Woodmorappe claims Noah overcame the problem of animal waste in the ark by training the animals to crap into buckets which were then tipped overboard.

Perhaps you should go here and see how serious, qualified and accredited scientists debunk such nonsense.
Problems with a Global Flood, 2nd edition

Walt Brown!!!!! Yeah right!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:50 AM

50,135 posts, read 20,899,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
The scientific basics of the story could be accurate -- ie, a comet or supernova, and the "magical" bits like it stopping above the stable could be embellishments (*coughLIEScough*) by biblical authors in order to make the story more plausible?
Sorry I overloked this. I was directed back to this post by a comment. Yes. That's always a possibility. But I have to say it is remote.

1. The Matthew story is ludicrous even apart from the star.

2. Both Matthew and Luke's irreconcilable and unworkable stories are constructed to place a birth in Bethlehem in order to fit prophecy.

3 Mark does not know of it and John tacitly denies it. Jesus was, on all evidence, not born in Bethlehem

4. Astrologers or wise men or even Sanhedrin members within Judea would not see astronomical phenomena and go galloping off searching for babies in Bethlehem, let alone foreign astrologers who knew and cared nothing about Judean messiahs.

5. The Matthew story makes it clear that it was a year or so after Jesus' birth and they'd be in Egypt by then.

Conclusion. There may well have been comets, conjunctions, supernovae (which occurred 2million years ago so as to blaze out at the right date - that's what I call forward planning!) at the time, but those are nothing to do with this nonsenical tale which is as disprovable as anything in the Bible. That is one story you can put out of your head and (whether from a believing viewpoin or not) you may apply yourself to consideration of some of the other problems in the Bible and the explanations put forward.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-10-2009 at 02:19 AM..

Old 10-10-2009, 02:00 AM

50,135 posts, read 20,899,891 times
Quote:
I have to agree with Rafius on this. I had an inordinately long debate on another site about Woodmorappe and Dan Brown's attempts to make a flood and ark feasible. I couldn't persuade the other guy of course since he ended up by calling Brown's speculations 'science' and science facts 'speculation'. But the discussion made it clear to me that there were massive problems with the scenario presented here.

Even inventing barymas to reduce the appalling numbers of species, postulating redirected migration to explain how the animals could be collected together, suggesting a weathly Noah with a crew of shipwrights to explain how the Ark could be put together, the whole flood scenario fell apart both on the geology and the animal distribution (why take tasmanian devils and koalas along to Australia rather than sheep and cows?). But the biggest problem of the aftermath of a load of genetically precarious species stranded in a worldwide mudslick made it impossible and unworkable.

It has got to be a myth and we know where it came from, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality