Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 08:41 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
They should be able to stand the scrutiny of an unbias test?

THEY WOULD STAND THE SCRUTINY OF AN UNBIAS TEST, IF ANY SCIENTIST EVEN HAD A LITTLE INTEREST IN DOING AN UNBIAS TEST. WHICH THEY DON'T.

60 years and counting. Got any idea when one of your scientist might get around to doing such a test?

Ahem.... as usual, you ignore my ongoing efforts. "I'm your huckleberry", I mean...scientist! I am quite credible as a scientist (if they ever answer me, I'll be DMing some impartial outside judge my name and credentials for verification. sanpeur or bluepacific: you guys available?).

I've published over 15 papers, or was it 17? I kinda lost count. I've tried to get some samples from the town with an eye to subjecting them to the latest methods, without pre-biasing the results by telling the guys at my old alma mater what they are looking at. I've even looked into having the good folks in Acasmbaro FedExing the shards to the head of The Catholic Chruch in Vancouver, whereupon he would accompany me to Simon Fraser University and ensure there's no switching going on.

San, tell the good people if SFU is moderately credible (well, you know, despite that silly infighting with Point Grey Finishing School back in the early '70s. Remember now, Margaret Trudeau went there same time as me!)

Because, after all, we scientists can't be trusted, right?

I'm very curious about your claim, above, that no scientists are interested. Do you dismiss me out of hand? It's been a while since I published, and would be only too happy to do so once more with these artifacts; a short paper in The Journal of Archeology, or maybe a more layman's approach, in Scientific American? Especially if the results show that the material from which these were made is, say, 4000 - 7000 years old, or, more likely 28k or some other v. old number.

Notice I said "from which they were made", not "when they were made". Fortunately, that second key part can now be determined, since about 1998, with a metallic ion oxidation depth test that looks at how long the material's surface has been exposed to air, water, and soil acids. I'll have to get a sample of the soil from the area of the "dig". but hey, they should go for that, right?

Then, we'd have a set of possibilities such as (these being just hypothetical, but pretty much covering the sorts of hypothetically possible scenarios I can think of right now) Examples:

1. Age of constructive material: 38,000 ya/ length of time since manufacture: 8000 ya.

2. Age of cm: 25,000ya / l. of time since manufacture: 1200 ya

3. Age of cm: 5900 ya / l. of t. from manuf. 1200 ya.

4. Age of cm: 14,500 ya/ l. of t. from manuf. 65 ya.

And that is obvious, especially when we can look back over 60 years and see that science has not even (once) tried to test the figurines of El Toro Montain.

Actually, you yourself have noted, as I recall, some efforts you believe in, done by your accredited scientist, in the '70s, right? Are you forgetting these?

And I'm not even speaking about all the other evidence they have ignored. So please, correct me if I am wrong.

don't worry about that part, Tom/Ryan We'll put an end to that problem soon, I hope. ....Wonder why they haven't returned my e-mails though...

Don't worry, I'm not going to hold my breath.
You won't have to, C34/5 my boy(s). Least not for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This just in...Evolution evidence continues to march forward..

ANNE MCILROY
Globe and Mail Update
April 22, 2009 at 1:07 PM EDT

OTTAWA — Canadian and American fossil hunters have found the remains of strange new species in the high Arctic, a “walking seal,” that had long legs and webbed feet. It's a transitional form that shows how seals, sea lions and walruses went from land animals to sea creatures, the researchers report in the latest edition of the British journal Nature.

globeandmail.com: Fossil hunters discover new species (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090422.wseals0422/BNStory/Science/home?cid=al_gam_mostemail - broken link)
I loved this link! Transitionals on parade!

You made my day, san!! Thank you thank you thank you.... Never met a "transitional" I didn't like.

In fact, I spent time at Radstock Bay on Devon Island (sheck your maps; Radstock; extreme lower left[west] edge of Devon, which is way north of Churchill, Manitoba.

I was watching the more "modern" carnivores, the big white ones... Wonderful place. A geological and paleontological time machine, but when you're there you just can't help but realize things are way way older that 6 or even 14k years. Waaay waaaaaayyyy older!

This was also when I started to realize that the "facts" that my Church, the United Church of Canada, was spewing to it's bleeting congregation, those who'd never even stood outside in the rain in Burnaby or Vancouver, was just factual rubbish. Those folks wouldn't recognize "evidence" or an old artifact if it fell on their head in a cave.

Devon Island and the Canadian Arctic was once a lush vegetated area, for heaven's sake (there's abundant proof under every rock; buried coral reefs, palm fronds in the coal seams, lizard fossils and buried remains, etc.) and there's absolutely NO mention in any written or oral history, bible included, about how it magically changed in only 5 - 6,000 years from that to the frozen desert it is today.

(God works in mysterious ways, eh? Hiding such major stuff right under the noses of the biblical authors... But why, I ask? For what reason?)

Last edited by rifleman; 04-22-2009 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: tyypeuwwwssss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 09:05 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
For the new readers, let's do a recap.

I let my case and the pics speak for themselves.
Well done.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
SeekerSA wrote:

Thanks, those are photos I've never seen. It really looks like something that school children with wild imaginations would create and they don't look like any known animals. The bottom photo has ears similar to Yoda from Star Wars (a well endowed Yoda) and photos 3 and 4 it looks like these imaginary creatures have wings although with those large bodies they'd never get off the ground. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
And what school children with wild imaginations carved these dinosaurs on Bishops Bell? Consider figure 4 in link below. Why do we see dinosaurs on Bishops Bell which has existed since the year 1496?
Bishop Bell’s brass behemoths!

Old 04-22-2009, 11:18 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
And what school children with wild imaginations carved these dinosaurs on Bishops Bell? Consider figure 4 in link below. Why do we see dinosaurs on Bishops Bell which has existed since the year 1496?
Bishop Bell’s brass behemoths!
Looks like a pair of cats to me...Is this the best ya got?

Old 04-22-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Looks like a pair of cats to me...Is this the best ya got?
Some like minded people have made the same claim, yet one skeptical Web site stated, or admitted that the one on the right does look rather more like a quadrupedal dinosaur. Consider link below.

Apologetics Press - Another Antiquated Dinosaur Engraving

Old 04-23-2009, 12:18 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Some like minded people have made the same claim, yet one skeptical Web site stated, or admitted that the one on the right does look rather more like a quadrupedal dinosaur. Consider link below.

Give me a link to an unbiased site that is on topic, and I may consider it...Say did you notice my post about the newly discovered transitional fossil on the last page? After all this thread is about evolution not art, but you persist in taking it wildly off topic. How about a comment on my transitional fossil post.

These art figures you are so obsessed about have absolutely nothing to do with evolution..

Canadian fossil find sheds new light on seal evolution

Updated Wed. Apr. 22 2009 1:52 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

A happenstance fossil find is shedding new light on the evolution of pinnipeds -- the group that includes seals, sea lions and walruses -- and backing up a key prediction Charles Darwin made about their evolutionary pasts.
The High Arctic fossil find represents a pinniped type that existed in between the land-based pinnipeds from millions of years ago and the flippered pinnipeds of today.
Darwin himself had predicted the existence of this animal in his seminal On the Origins of Species, which was published 150 years ago.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:48 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times
Quote:

This is rich, the skeptical website claims that the cat on the left is playing with a 12 inch quadrupedal dinosaur?

Old 04-23-2009, 01:23 AM

[quote=sanspeur;8474556]Give me a link to an unbiased site that is on topic, and I may consider it...Say did you notice my post about the newly discovered transitional fossil on the last page? After all this thread is about evolution not art, but you persist in taking it wildly off topic. How about a comment on my transitional fossil post.

These art figures you are so obsessed about have absolutely nothing to do with evolution..

Canadian fossil find sheds new light on seal evolution

Updated Wed. Apr. 22 2009 1:52 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Well, the whole point of my arguement is that Evolution never happened. And the pictures I display are showing us that Evolutions timeline is also a fraud. And what you call a transitional, I call a new discovered extinct species. And I wish I could show you an unbias site on Bishops Bell, yet it appears your people ignored that evidence as well, and that is why we see little comment on Bishops Bell coming from believers in Evolution. On page 5 of the link below, we see a petroglyph of a sauropod dinosaur. Next to the dinosaur is a picture of a man. So tell me sanspeur, does that picture look like a cat to you? LOL

Apologetics Press - A Trip Out West—To See the “Dinosaurs”

Old 04-23-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
This is rich, the skeptical website claims that the cat on the left is playing with a 12 inch quadrupedal dinosaur?
Well then they are 50% correct. Another dinosaur petoglyph can be seen on page 5 of the link below.

Apologetics Press - A Trip Out West—To See the “Dinosaurs”

Old 04-23-2009, 01:58 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
Quote:
Well, the whole point of my arguement is that Evolution never happened. And the pictures I display are showing us that Evolutions timeline is also a fraud. And what you call a transitional, I call a new discovered extinct species. And I wish I could show you an unbias site on Bishops Bell, yet it appears your people ignored that evidence as well, and that is why we see little comment on Bishops Bell coming from believers in Evolution. On page 5 of the link below, we see a petroglyph of a sauropod dinosaur. Next to the dinosaur is a picture of a man. So tell me sanspeur, does that picture look like a cat to you? LOL
So tell us what makes a species go extinct if evolution is not true. Use Sanspeur's transitional as an example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality