Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,239,642 times

Advertisements

If one were to assume that the folk 3000 years ago actually carried out the stoning of the homo's, then it stands to reason that this is not a "choice" as they are still born to heterosexual couples today. Were we to eradicate all the gays today based on Levitical "laws", there will still be gay folk in the future.

IMO, just like today, the love of parents generally outweigh peer pressure when it turns out that one of their own is gay. Just like today, I reckon folk back then would rather distance themselves from that community and protect their own children.

What no one seems to have discussed here is the children of gay couples that turn out straight. That in itself disproves that these folk choose to be gay.

One would think that after 3000 odd years, the Levites got it wrong seeing there are gay folk in all cultures worldwide. It amazes me that there are still so many bigots about in the 21st century.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:03 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,436,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
I can't wrap my mind around it either. However, it happens. It's not so much that you block out the passion as it is that you block out the possibility of being able to find love with the opposite gender. A lot of people have done that... they've been spurned so much by the opposite gender that they develop a genuine revulsion toward said opposite gender. The principal of my high school said that in all of his years in education, he has noticed that for about 9 out of every 10 teenagers who claim to be "gay" or "bisexual", they'll realize eventually that they don't want to be with someone of the same gender.

Five come to mind immediately... give me some time and I'll be able to dig up a few more.

You'll never know, will you?

"To deviate" means "to stray especially from a standard, principle, or topic", according to Merriam-Webster. The standard is what was put into place by God. If you don't believe that, please do everyone a favor and don't screw it up for the rest of us. There is a heaven and a hell and we know where we want to go. You can choose not to believe that... and ultimately suffer the consequences. (There HAVE to be consequences for not following God or there'd be no real incentive to follow God... just as there have to be consequences for a kid not following his/her parents or else there'd be no incentive for that kid to do as he/she is told.)

The standard is heterosexuality. The principle is "do not have sexual relations with members of the same sex". The topic is "humans are meant for heterosexual monogamous marital relationships".

Disregard that at your own peril... but don't keep trying to convince others that it isn't so.
Don't give up your day job.....

Old 02-20-2009, 06:39 AM

681 posts, read 2,884,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No it ain't the truth...You just think it is. The truth has been presented to you but you choose to ignore it.

Scans see 'gay brain differences'

The study suggests sexual orientation may be set in the womb

The brains of gay men and women look like those found in heterosexual people of the opposite sex, research suggests.

The Swedish study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal, compared the size of the brain's halves in 90 adults.

Gay men and heterosexual women had halves of a similar size, while the right side was bigger in lesbian women and heterosexual men.

A UK scientist said this was evidence sexual orientation was set in the womb.

BBC NEWS | Health | Scans see 'gay brain differences'
There are noticeable brain differences in people who drink a lot, use mind-altering drugs a lot, and even in people who smoke a lot. These are created through choices.

We are what we think. Don't ever allow yourself to believe anything else. This can be proven too... ask any competent psychologist. How do they help people become better people? By altering their thought processes.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:33 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,742,412 times
Just a question. Is anyone here trying to help out the OP? I read a lot of bickering and truly don't think that will help our OP out at all. Lay aside the cranky attitudes toward one another and let's do what we're here to do...help this guy out.

Looks like there are a few others that are going through what chris is going through. Instead of fighting amongst ourselves, let's help them out.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:36 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,926,636 times
Done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality