Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 04:58 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,201,716 times

Advertisements

Based on your religious views, can you tell me what is the status of a woman in today's society. Do your believes that women should be ranked below men? Here in US we consider everyone equal, men and women. Do you agree with this equality and why, or why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 05:03 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,058,686 times
I think God intended woman to be man's equal, made of his rib to be by his side. If God wanted her to be behind or beneath him, she'd probably be made of his tail bone or metatarsal.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:05 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,491,756 times
Absolutely in favor of equality. In fact, looking at my experiences with the women in my life - my mother, my wife, and some female friends of mine, I tend to think that women are typically more mentally stronger and are able to handle emotions better than men. I often think that were it not for women in this world, "mankind" would have destroyed himself before we were ever able to get a running start. In all honesty, I think that there is a lot of truth behind the fact that behind every good man there is an even better woman. I wouldn't be where I am without my wife and my female friends supporting me and intervening in some of my male pigheaded logic.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:11 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,593,279 times
Based on my beliefs, and my 2nd favorite bible verse

Galations3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

No twisting that one to suit any religion or denomination, imo..He said what He meant and He meant what he said
And I think we are all equal in the church, in society and in my home..

Old 11-16-2008, 05:19 PM

In accordance to the bible, they were not equal. So when Christian state that men and women are equal, don't they contradict what bible said?

Old 11-16-2008, 05:22 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,849,628 times
Oh I see, men and women ARE equal under the Universe's laws of God. But Allah (from the Koran) is capable of including in progress the wicked along with the stringent.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:39 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,593,279 times
Personally, I think the bible in all the translations in the past couple thousand years that the original parchments have probably been added to, left out, argued over which ones to include to and what not to include, that many things especially those pretaining to the religions of the translators are in fact a bit different from the original writings...
I always ask for the assistance of the Holy Spirit to help me choose, and to give me understanding what to read there..
Over the years I have learned to rely on my faith and a personal relationship with God through the Holy Spirit, not so much the bible, because God is within me, not the pages of the bible

Old 11-16-2008, 05:41 PM

23,039 posts, read 34,489,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
In accordance to the bible, they were not equal. So when Christian state that men and women are equal, don't they contradict what bible said?
The Bible does not say men and women are not equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I think God intended woman to be man's equal, made of his rib to be by his side. If God wanted her to be behind or beneath him, she'd probably be made of his tail bone or metatarsal.
Absolutely!

Old 11-16-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The Bible does not say men and women are not equal.

Absolutely!
Not in those words no, but some verses showing distinguished inequalities between M&W. I shall go and find some

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
34 let the women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but let them be in subjection, as also saith the law.
35 And if they would learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home: for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the church.

Genesis 19:8 Look! I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. I will give them to you, and you may do anything you want with them. But please don’t do anything to these men. They have come to my house, and I must protect them.”

Leviticus 20:18 If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, both the woman and the man must be cut off from their people. They sinned because they showed the source of her blood.

Judges 19:24-25
24 Look, here are my daughter, who has never had sexual relations before, and the man’s slave woman. I will bring them out to you now. Do anything you want with them, but don’t do such a terrible thing to this man.”

Last edited by ShepsMom; 11-16-2008 at 07:06 PM..

Old 11-16-2008, 07:16 PM

10,228 posts, read 16,356,265 times
If it wasn't for sex itself we would be down to just ONE gender. 'Cuz one of us would have killed off the other a LOOOOOOONG time ago! Kind've like genocide. (I wonder if there's a word for this?)

Which one would it be????? GCSTroop, I expect you to come up with the best answer to this one. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality